Sudden Death - Announced!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

On the "Spiel" in Essen there where only empty boxes… My mate sais, that say doesn'T get it ready for the "Spiel"

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#22 OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Unfortunately, according to the upcoming page, Sudden Death is slated for Q1, 2013.

I am very disappointed by the news. :(

#23 navajas

navajas

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

SO EXCITED!

Thought that Rock Band game was the death knell for this one. Glad to see I was wrong. Instant buy.

#24 monk

monk

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

OmegaDestroyer said:

Unfortunately, according to the upcoming page, Sudden Death is slated for Q1, 2013.

I am very disappointed by the news. :(

See my post abve!!

#25 Regulator18

Regulator18

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Seriously Awesome!!  I'm so glad this expansion is coming out.  Thanks Omega for pointing out the "upcoming page" section.  That seems to be the only place that shows a release date (Q1, 2013).  Well worth the wait though. 

#26 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Need this expansion!!! Yet!!!

#27 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, I think it's time to read some previews on-line. Or, at least, I hope FFG is about to start publishing them

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#28 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sudden Death status has changed to "on the boat". *cheers*

#29 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Garthnait said:

Good catch :-) Glad to read these news. Hope we should start seeing previews soon

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#30 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Garthnait said:

Great news!

I can't wait.

#31 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

In downed state the Wight has Regeneration - Cheating - Cheating. If this work like skills when the player is standing then both Cheating will only trigger if Regeneration isn't  successful. Or what do you think?

#32 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Garthnait said:

In downed state the Wight has Regeneration - Cheating - Cheating. If this work like skills when the player is standing then both Cheating will only trigger if Regeneration isn't  successful. Or what do you think?

Yeah, that's entirely possible. If regeneration is succesfull, then the player is not downed, hence it's logical assuming he will lose the remaining downed icons. It's interesting the double cheat while downed. Could be fun to play

#33 JoeF

JoeF

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Do the downed skills seem to anyone else to be really powerful?  I mean are those new teams with downed skills going to end up dominating the old teams?  They just seem overly better to me.  I'm not a playtester and I have no idea; but at first glance yowch…

http://www.waaaghcast.net

-A Warhammer Fantasy Blog/Podcast

#34 mehjbmeh

mehjbmeh

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think the downed skills will be much more balenced than they appear. I mean, think about when you play elves or humans and have almost no cheat tokens. It feels like they're not as good as the other four teams until you realize that their consistency is their bonus. I feel like the same applies here, these teams use the downed skills to make them stronger because they'll be missing strength in some other category.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS