I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Loxatl 

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loxatl

Even if not as a playable race, they're a great start for minions

#22 SilverAlen

SilverAlen

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I was hoping to get a big dark eldar write up in the slaanesh book, same way necrons got one in the tzeentch book, possibly with rules for using them as player characters somehow. Then I found out rogue trader already had a whole dark eldar book, and kinda figured that would be a no.

Still, I'm holding out hope that after the 4 main books are done, maybe with chaos undived as well, we could get some more obscure source books, like dark mechanicus and especially chaos xenos.

#23 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

I don't actually have the books but I believe Rogue Trader have some rules for playing Xenos characters, Orks, Kroot and Dark Eldar I think.

With the the corruption rules would it be possible for one of these to fall to chaos (for reaching the 100 corruption threshold) and if this was possible would it be possible to re-jig this so you could use one of these archetypes as a starting Black Crusade character?

I am surprised FFG haven't had more of a xenos flavour to their lines, with all books except BC focusing on the Imperium and even BC only having human based characters (even if you do quickly become a pretty cool mutant).

I would love to see a line come out based on the Tau Empire, there would be an enormouse potential for unique and interesting xenos races, plus pretty much any character you had before would still be an option as the Tau have plenty of human auxileries.

#24 BrianDavion

BrianDavion

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Adeptus-B said:

There are a bunch of Chaos-worshipping xenos in the Gaunt's Ghosts novel Traitor General. I think it's weird that Games Workshop has never developed 'Chaos Xenos' as a troop type in the tabletop game…

yeah, it's kinda strange when ya think of it, iother then the eldar/Dark eldar thing, it seems all the mainline xenos are conspicious for their LACK of interactions with chaos

#25 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

BrianDavion said:

Adeptus-B said:

There are a bunch of Chaos-worshipping xenos in the Gaunt's Ghosts novel Traitor General. I think it's weird that Games Workshop has never developed 'Chaos Xenos' as a troop type in the tabletop game…

yeah, it's kinda strange when ya think of it, iother then the eldar/Dark eldar thing, it seems all the mainline xenos are conspicious for their LACK of interactions with chaos

I'd argue that the Necrons have fairly active (but not lively!) interactions with Chaos.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#26 Boss Gitsmasha

Boss Gitsmasha

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

If anything, they'd be Chaos Cultists as per Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Though it does strike me as odd how humanity is the only prominent Chaos worshipping race in the setting. Every other race seems to have a resistance/immunity to it.

Kroot sound like they'd make great Khorne cultists, though, and there are Chaos Orks, mostly in the form of Khornate Stormboyz, though this is considered un-Orky by most Orks. It's usually viewed with a mixture of disappointment and exasperation, akin to a teenage 'Wiccan' phase in rebellion against their religious parents. Those that don't grow out of it get krumped.

"Oomans are pink an' soft, not tough an' green like da Boyz. Dey'z all da same size too, so dey'z always arguin' about who's in charge, 'cos dere's no way o' tellin' c'ept fer badges an' ooniforms an' fings. When one o' dem wants ta lord it over da uvvers, 'e says 'I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me', or 'I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good'. Da funny fing is, 'arf of 'em believe it an' da uvver 'arf don't, so 'e has ta hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot o' mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while dey'z all arguin' wiv each uvver over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."

#27 Dracurian

Dracurian

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

Basically any race can be playable in Black Crusade thematically speaking. Every intelligent race is vulnerable to chaos, with 2 notable exceptions of Orks & Tau.

And even then it could just be they're affected differently. Farsight is very different in outlook to other Tau for example.

The only races that could not be played, I reckon, would be the Tyranids & Daemons. They're just too different. Tyranids sneak; eat; & evolve. Some higher order/independent types, Hive Tyrants/Warrior primes etc, may have a 'personallity'.

Daemons; are basic concepts, who are created a certain way, with basically no free will. That is why mortals/Daemon -princes are so prized.

And basically Daemons are fully corrupted & achieved apotheosis/spawndom already. Where do you go from there?

cnet ym wot;

:ph34r:

P.S: Dictionaries ar efor poeple eho can't spel. Obviously I am not one of thym. :P

"Some subjects are so serious that one can only joke about them." -Niels Bohr

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS