Expansions - Thoughts and Wishes

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Janus

Janus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Anarchs want to tear everything down, demolishing power structures no matter if they are beneficial or corrupt.  The "Human First" labor union from the board game was on par with the Corps on having it's own status quo to preserve and power to wield.

#42 Anarchosyn

Anarchosyn

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Janus said:

Anarchs want to tear everything down, demolishing power structures no matter if they are beneficial or corrupt.  The "Human First" labor union from the board game was on par with the Corps on having it's own status quo to preserve and power to wield.

Common misconception. However, in the rules it states:

"Anarchs
Anarchs have strong
contempt for the corporate
oligarchs, the whole corrupt
system, and often for society in general.
Whatever the exact target of their rage,
their unifying characteristic is their anger.
At their worst, Anarchs just want to watch
the world burn. At their best, Anarchs are
tireless champions for the downtrodden and
oppressed
. They’re very good at breaking
things, spreading viruses, and trashing
Corporation assets and programs."

They are against the system because it is corrupt, like actually and unambiguously corrupt. They are against society not just because it is there, but because the society they exist within supports that corrupt regime. It's not that they're against any and all regimes. 

#43 AussieKSU

AussieKSU

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

The noisy/stealthy breakers, as mentioned, would be great.

The idea was a "noisy" icebreaker was stronger - cost less bits to use, but the stealthy breakers had complimentary cards - typically pieces of hardware that provided bits a turn that could only be used for stealth breakers. In fact, if you used a noisy breaker, you would lose bits from the stealth generating cards.

Very cool mechanic.

I'm also looking forward to more corp bit generation. Bank job really hurts the asset heavy, rather weak bit gen cards. There used to be an advanceable asset that scored 4 bits per advancement - information laundering I think.

#44 Janus

Janus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

Anarchosyn said:

They are against the system because it is corrupt, like actually and unambiguously corrupt. They are against society not just because it is there, but because the society they exist within supports that corrupt regime. It's not that they're against any and all regimes. 

Knew I should have double-checked the rules text… ah well, I stand corrected.

#45 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Anarchosyn said:

"Anarchs
Anarchs have strong
contempt for the corporate
oligarchs, the whole corrupt
system, and often for society in general.
Whatever the exact target of their rage,
their unifying characteristic is their anger.
At their worst, Anarchs just want to watch
the world burn.
At their best, Anarchs are
tireless champions for the downtrodden and
oppressed. They’re very good at breaking
things, spreading viruses, and trashing
Corporation assets and programs."

You skipped the sentence before. I highlighted the other relevant part of this quote.

#46 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

This doesn't change the fact that the corporations are indeed corrupt, and so is the rest of society (since the corps control it).

#47 reebo

reebo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Had an idea for how stealth and noise could work

Icebreakers themselves, rather than recurring credit cards, would have the stealth trait. stealth breakers require time to be prepared and changing conditions make them less effective. criminal would be especially focused on stealth breakers. the stealth cards wouldn't use credits, but thier own stealth counters, which take clicks to add to the card(but at a much better rate than 1 per click). the corp rezzing ice would automatically trash a few stealth counters in play, representing changing conditions and the plans going out the window. certain ice or other corp cards could trash stealth counters, thematiclly being adaptive and unpredicable. I see HB as being especially good at this, and in a different fashion, NBN as well. also runner cards could exist to accelerate stealth counter generation. Noisy breakers also inherently trash stealth counters as they work.

Noisy breakers would be very cheap to use. they all would have a function of something like "X credits to break all subroutines on one ice". but as a consaquence of that, they generate noise counters(and trash some or all stealth counters). they obliterate an ice, but raise the alarm while doing so. each noise counter in play would raise the strength of all ice encountered by 1. At the end of each run, all noise counters would be  trashed. Noisy breakers are quite obviously an Anarch specialty, and their strength-lowering effects make for good combos too. certain corp cards can generate bonus noise counters, or allow corp to gain other bonuses from noise, such as strengthening traces, dealing bonus damage, or even gaining credits. No corp would specialize in anti-noise and each corp have their own style of punishing it.

#48 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I want Black Dahlia. 

#49 Smilingknight

Smilingknight

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

If we get new factions in a big box expansion, then I want the runner to be a corporate spy. Maybe an ability like "x recurring credits. X is the amount of agendas points you have stolen" to fit the idea of a corporation buying info you steal.

And I want the new corp to be the government! With abilities that let you get rid of bad publicity. Maybe exactly like the runner anti tag, 2 credits and a click.

#50 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Smilingknight said:

And I want the new corp to be the government! With abilities that let you get rid of bad publicity. Maybe exactly like the runner anti tag, 2 credits and a click.

I don't see the government (Or the 'Feds' as they're called in Android) becoming a faction. If you've read Freefall you'd probably get why that's unlikely, but cut a long story short, they have little public power but their secret power is being able to manipulate Corps themselves. You would be more likely to find them as a Runner faction, to be honest.

#51 Butaman551

Butaman551

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

As long as they don't bring back the die roll mechanic.

#52 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

Butaman551 said:

As long as they don't bring back the die roll mechanic.

QFT

#53 RipperOfJacks

RipperOfJacks

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

I want cards in Jinteki that force a player to actually do something about a card face down with no counters on it.  Currently the strategy against Jinteki seems to be to only run on face-up cards or cards with counters on them, drawing a 6th card to run on a card with 3 counters if you can't infiltrate to check if it's a junebug.  It's really frustrating as you can build a successful strategy that ignores the deck, hand, and cards without counters against them, just building up in preparation to hit agendas (possibly multiple times if necessary).  Either some way to accelerate advancement, or some 3 cost agenda is sorely needed. 

#54 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I just want to see a Bioroid runner. 'Nuff said. 

#55 cipheragentnine

cipheragentnine

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Take a page out of the classic Netrunner CCG:

MORPHING ICE AND HIDDEN RESOURCES. Great mechanics!!!

#56 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Throw in a "Gentleman Thief" and a Robin Hood-styled identities for Criminal Runners as well. 

#57 Huitzil37

Huitzil37

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I want a fourth "mercenary" / "corporate spy" Runner faction because A: I think it's distinct enough from the three existing ones and there's several directions you could take it in that would be distinct, but more importantly B: having four Corp factions and only three Runner factions will bug me pretty much forever.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS