• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Epitaphe

Epitaphe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Dunno about an RPG.

The boardgame is one of my all time favorite but i m not sure another cyberpunkish RPG is needed.

neonbasschild said:

Honestly they have expanded this product so much (with all the novels and the different games) an RPG is just a matter of time. I am with you that I would rather see sooner than later and also like the rest of you guys I am a HUGE punk 2020 fan. The game is in a huge need of a update and I think this is just the setting to replace or move it to. I for one cant wait to see a Android rpg.

[/QUOTE]

What do you call expand the product? Android the board game was "flop" sellwise due to people expecting some kind of cluedo and not a game where you forge the culprit. That s why they havent created any expansion unlike Mansion of madness Twilight imperium AH etc etc.

creating a new universe for Infiltration would have been too costy so they used the android setup same with Netrunner.

I havent read the books so i cant judge these but i can see like 3times more arkham horror novels that there is for android.

#22 Krypter

Krypter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

As a big fan of the cyberpunk genre, I'd love to see an Android RPG as well. Your design, art and layout skills alone would put most other such games to shame. It's been ages since anything's been done with classic (non-magical ala Shadowrun) cyberpunk, although Cyberpunk 2077 is set for release in 2015. Except nobody really knows what a tabletop Cyberpunk 2077 game would look like. Something a bit lighter on rules than CP2020 but still containing a lot of cyber options, would be great. 

#23 Deen Dough

Deen Dough

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

We have the card game, the board games and the novels. The final and logical evolution to this world would be a RPG core rulebook that incorporates the cards into its virtual battle system.

I’ve been forced to play Shadowrun for the longest time but what I truly am is a huge fan of Cyberpunk 2020. The hard sci-fi, high-tech dystopian future genre, to my mind, may only be successfully achieved WITHOUT magic and a lot of virtual reality and chrome. I’ve also played Ex Machina and Interface Zero but none captures the genre like your Android universe.

Make it happen FFG.

Edited by Deen Dough, 15 January 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#24 DarkCatalyst

DarkCatalyst

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

I've been itching to try an RPG from FFG as the systems they use look very interesting, but so far none of their settings are quite to my tastes. Their new Star Wars RPGs are an exception to this, but I just can't rationalize pouring money into a new SWRPG when I already have the complete run of Saga Edition. On the other hand, I totally dig the Android universe. If FFG makes an Android RPG I would buy it day one for sure.

• Deen Dough likes this

#25 Gelion

Gelion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Guess I was wrong about the Android RPG being announced at the In-Flight Report at GenCon. Honestly really surprised. But with the Edge of the Empire RPG being a much more grounded "world" than the Jedi-happy editions from WotC (not that I didn't enjoy being a Jedi!) it'd be pretty easy to use the EotE system to play in the Android universe.

Mos Eisley Radio - Your source for Star Wars gaming news, reviews, and commentary

#26 Deen Dough

Deen Dough

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Back in the day, R. Talsorian came up with Rache Bartmoss’ Brainware Blowout, a sourcebook for the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG. Basically, it tries to integrate the Netrunner CCG into the CP 2020 RPG with some cool effects in the game.  Like the old integration, some AN LCG cards will be too powerful in most RPG campaigns. At the end of the day, it’s all up to the GM what gets allowed in your games.

FFG has come out with game board systems that are truly engaging and with an already existing, narrative focused RPG system, an Android Netrunner RPG incorporating the LCG shouldn't be outside its firm reach.

So, what say you FFG?

• subochre likes this

#27 DarkCatalyst

DarkCatalyst

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

I doubt that any theoretical Android RPG would incorporate the LCG into its play mechanics. Requiring players to invest in the LCG in order to enjoy the full experience of the RPG could be a huge turn off for a lot of people who have no interest in LCGs. Also, the playstyle of the LCG and your typical RPG have a very different appeal, even if there is overlap in their respective audiences. At most, I would expect to see a lot of artwork and lore from the LCG reused in an RPG product. Although, it would be cool to see some of the concepts from the LCG represented in the RPG's netrunning mechanics - just without the use of the cards.

• Deen Dough likes this

#28 Deen Dough

Deen Dough

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

You're right.  I guess asking for the Android Netrunner LCG to be incorporated into the Android RPG as an integral part of its gameplay mechanic is way too much work for both FFG and its fans to swallow. But hey!  The fanboys can hope, right?

It’s just amazing when you realize that the art on certain cards are the protagonists on the novels.  Or the characters on the boardgame are on flavor texts of some cards. The cross-reference of elements in different products only makes you want to walk the streets of the Android world. Ya know what I mean, chombatta?

#29 DarkCatalyst

DarkCatalyst

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, I really love all the cross-references. Don't forget Infiltration, too!

Just to reiterate, I would totally buy an Android RPG from FFG. ^_^

#30 Deen Dough

Deen Dough

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'd buy two copies. ;)

#31 Deathseed

Deathseed

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd be on it like white on rice.

Being a fan of Cyberpunk and Shadowrun, having another rpg join that pantheon would be excellent, and the Android setting via Netrunner is growing on me with a rush. Would like to see HB, Weyland, 'Teki, and NBN become remembered names in the 'punk genre lexicon up there with Ares, Arasaka, etc.

Look here, FFG, you've got people lining up to throw money at you.

Edited by Deathseed, 20 September 2013 - 04:54 PM.

• Deen Dough likes this

You think you've got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot? No, don't even bother answering. I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you, and even I don't know the answer.

#32 DarkCatalyst

DarkCatalyst

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Here's hoping that the success of the Plugged-In Tour for A:NR raises awareness of the potentially huge success an Android RPG could be. ^_^

• Deen Dough likes this

#33 Cosmic Fanatic

Cosmic Fanatic

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I love the Android board game. I also own Netrunner, but haven't been able to play much yet. I've enjoyed reading the novels Free Fall and Golem and just got Mimic. I would preorder an Android RPG right now if it were announced.

I've played Shadowrun off and on since it came out in 1989, but enjoy the Android world so much that I would certainly welcome changing my RPG preference. I too hope to see one in the near future.

• Deen Dough likes this

#34 greatkithain

greatkithain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yes, I would buy an Android rpg too. Please, FFG :)

• Deen Dough likes this

#35 BrandonCarpenter

BrandonCarpenter

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I will 100% pick this up. I was a big R.Talsorian Cyberpunk 2020 player and the game got stale.

The Android universe seriously has taken its place in my book.

The novels realy increase my want for a new Cyperpunk/Bladerunner world..

Cmmon FFg…!

There's a new Shadowrun out and personally, I like how the Matrix is handled better than the Net. Disallow Races, Magic, and maybe Technomancers and you got a game.

#36 Lewcifer

Lewcifer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'd buy two copies. ;)

Second that!

#37 KEM

KEM

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I was playing the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game a few weeks ago and got to think that that kind of game could translate pretty well to game universe like Android. While not strictly an RPG, it has some of the trappings of an RPG and has a great potential to recreate some of the story-telling aspects of Android. 

I would imagine a game with decks for each of the characters, which could be altered from game to game over a campaign depending on decisions/outcomes from each game. Each game could be about investigating a particular crime or other event that fits into an overall conspiracy. So it could be like a game of Android, but broken into a series of individual scenarios that could be played out of a longer period of time.

That's my thought, anyway. I figured this was the most appropriate place to bring it up.

• Deen Dough likes this

#38 sndwurks

sndwurks

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Actually, I used the Android setting as one of my top Scifi settings that need an RPG in one of my recent articles. 

http://www.cardboard...and-rpgs-part-v

I'm honestly surprised that FFG hasn't gone this route yet, considering all the other support they have.

#39 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

A brilliant series of articles.  I was aware of Traveller in the late 1970s (or whenever it first came out) but never played it.  If there are two different versions out there do you recommend either one?  But it does sound like Eclipse Phase is the way to go.

#40 vyrago

vyrago

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

Android RPG totally needs to happen!  FFG I hope you're seeing this!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS