• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

Thematically speaking Alpha Legion make the most sense for this book. They're not Tzeentchian in any way, shape or form, but they are schemers and plotters, so it works. Inferno Bolts are kinda nuts, but I like 'em.

BYE

I would extend similar reasoning as to why Iron Warriors could be nested in the Khorne book. And I'll continue to hope…

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#42 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Man, I'm willing to bet it will be Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle. That's just too bad.

Thousand Sons and Alpha Legion, eh? Let's guess… World Eaters and Word Bearers in Tome of Blood, then Emperor's Children and Night Lords in Tome of Hermaphrodites, and then Death Guard and Iron Warriors in Tome of Rot. That leaves out the Night Lords, though…

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#43 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Plushy said:

Man, I'm willing to bet it will be Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle. That's just too bad.

Thousand Sons and Alpha Legion, eh? Let's guess… World Eaters and Word Bearers in Tome of Blood, then Emperor's Children and Night Lords in Tome of Hermaphrodites, and then Death Guard and Iron Warriors in Tome of Rot. That leaves out the Night Lords, though…

I'd suggest that Night Lords might show up in the Nurgle book. Word Bearers might make it into the Slannesh book. I'm hoping to see Iron Warriors in the Tome of Blood. Lastly, the Black Legion doesn't really fit into any of the slots neatly. These are just my guesses at this point.

#44 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

There might be a Chaos Undivided book at some point which would fit the Word Bearers (if they aren't covered in the Slaanesh book) and Black Legion.

#45 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm hoping that there is a product specifically on daemonology. If there is, then Possessed CSMs - possibly of different flavours, are going to fit in there. This would cover some interesting options for both the Black Legion and the Word Bearers.

#46 Herr-Ethic

Herr-Ethic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

Isn't The "undivided book" called Black Crusade Core Rulebook ? They mentioned 4 Books one for each god, it will take them another year probably. unfortunetly retailers here, in Poland don't even - pre-sell it yet.

#47 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Herr-Ethic said:

Isn't The "undivided book" called Black Crusade Core Rulebook ? They mentioned 4 Books one for each god, it will take them another year probably. unfortunetly retailers here, in Poland don't even - pre-sell it yet.

The Core Rulebook gives everything basic coverage, but there is certainly room for a Player's Supplement to cover advanced Unaligned options.

#48 Volkomor

Volkomor

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

ddunkelmeister said:

Alpha Legion marines were a welcome surprise. The decision to lump them in as unwitting Tzeentchites was….interesting. Also, inferno bolts are insane, as are Rubric Marines by extension. The book allows 1K Son Sorcerers to take them as regular minions

Hell yeah! I was expecting quite a lot about Rubric Marines. I've been homebrewing one for my TSS, but looks like I'm getting the official deal

About a undivided book: it could portrait Obliterators, vehicles and daemonmachines!

#49 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

There's rules for Daemon Engines in this book.

#50 Herr-Ethic

Herr-Ethic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

I've just seen necron weapons in the Book.

I want some. All. Warscythes or a pair of hyperphase swords. And then i'll go Hunting deamons for fun. Greater Deamons….

#51 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Take a look at the Heavy Gauss Cannon. The things damn near a Railgun! 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#52 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Herr-Ethic said:

I've just seen necron weapons in the Book.

I want some. All. Warscythes or a pair of hyperphase swords. And then i'll go Hunting deamons for fun. Greater Deamons….

weren't some of them already in the core rulebook?

#53 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Warriors, Flayed Ones, Tomb Stalkers and maybe one other, yeah. This book gives the rest of the profiles (well, most of 'em).

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#54 Herr-Ethic

Herr-Ethic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Just every necron from necron codex, without the heavy vehicules…

#55 acp

acp

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

….for the record I did the armoury, new rituals, the first two of the advanced minions, and the investigations section.

[emphasis added]

Hey H.B.M.C.,

I am inferring that "did" means "wrote."  Do the new melee weapons require an exotic weapon training talent?  The Polix Heavy Khopesh is quite the power house.

Thanks 

#56 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

How can this be released? it's not on the uk release sheets, yet Lathe Worlds is.

#57 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

signoftheserpent said:

How can this be released? it's not on the uk release sheets, yet Lathe Worlds is.

It (along with The Soul Reaver for Rogue Trader) was sold to me by my FLGS back on Friday, 17AUG2012. It's also available as a download straight from FFG, so your release sheets - or your reading of them - must be in error.

#58 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

HappyDaze said:

signoftheserpent said:

It (along with The Soul Reaver for Rogue Trader) was sold to me by my FLGS back on Friday, 17AUG2012. It's also available as a download straight from FFG, so your release sheets - or your reading of them - must be in error.

Soul Reaver came out last week.

The release sheets in question come from Esdevium who are the biggest suppliers in the UK. If they don't have it, then noone in the country will. These books are also not on drivethrurpg either.

#59 Vandegraffe

Vandegraffe

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

I've now got my copy in hand.  Yes, FFG, we know we are addicts.  We know you are our pusher.  Even with that, would a little quality control kill you?  No descriptive text for the void blade or warscythe?  And, the binding's already started to go after one read-through.  Bloody hell.

Glitches like that do detract from what is otherwise a fine book.  A lot of good stuff in there;  I was surprised to see Necrons added as a foil to Tzeentch, but it makes a twisted sort of sense when I think about it.

Cheers,

- V.

#60 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

are there supposed to be descriptions?

where did you buy it from?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS