• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

herozeromes said:

Capital ships could be included as a card. Look at the mission portion of the rules. There is a specific card for the Senator's Shuttle.

Since all the ships are to scale, a star destroyer card would only have to be six meters long

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#22 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

haslo said:

Since all the ships are to scale, a star destroyer card would only have to be six meters long

Well played.

#23 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

I was considering Pilot Stress from the rules and the fact that Card Rules supersede the Game Rules. I think that the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo and Chewie (Multiple crew members should be possible, no?), should actually get benefits from Stress. Just look at the films: Solo did his best and most creative flying under pressure. It would be really cool if this was translated into the gameplay for the Falcon.

#24 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I thought it was a different kind of stress, like physical stress, not emotional stress. I don't think doing a kolgorian (sp) turn would stress a pilot out, but I could see it putting stress on their body. Know what I mean? 

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#25 Hamlet23

Hamlet23

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

If done in the same scale, the B-wing will dwarf the other fighters. 

#26 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

herozeromes said:

I think that the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo and Chewie (Multiple crew members should be possible, no?).

Were the Falcon to be released I think the pilots would probably Han and Lando primarily (EU not withstanding) but co-pilots, added similarly to upgrades would be Chewie, Leia, etc.

Also the Falcon has 2 turrets, as well as forward batteries and missiles/torpedoes of various colours, shields, signal jamming equipment (potential to disrupt or prevent enemy upgrades or talents at a certain range).  Guns, guns guns!  Especially if crewed to the hilt like the battle of Endor.

As for Slave 1, how many available weapons/upgrades?  Episode II showed what the early model had under the bonnet (or hood for US) and Fett the younger added even more.  Including a cloaking device I think I read somewhere.

Anyhow, the way the points look for the current starfighters, could these two potentially get pretty close to 100 individually?

#27 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Nalydd said:

Anyhow, the way the points look for the current starfighters, could these two potentially get pretty close to 100 individually?

I could totally see that happening.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#28 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Budgernaut said:

Nalydd said:

I could totally see that happening.

Well, the Falcon fully stocked could theoretically take on a whole squad of TIEs

#29 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hamlet23 said:

If done in the same scale, the B-wing will dwarf the other fighters. 

A B-Wing is 16.9 meters long, only about 4 meters longer than an X-Wing.  The model should only be 62.5 mm.  That's along the long end, cockpit to cannons.  It's big, but may still may fit in the blisters.

#30 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nalydd said:

herozeromes said:

I think that the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo and Chewie (Multiple crew members should be possible, no?).

Were the Falcon to be released I think the pilots would probably Han and Lando primarily (EU not withstanding) but co-pilots, added similarly to upgrades would be Chewie, Leia, etc.

Also the Falcon has 2 turrets, as well as forward batteries and missiles/torpedoes of various colours, shields, signal jamming equipment (potential to disrupt or prevent enemy upgrades or talents at a certain range).  Guns, guns guns!  Especially if crewed to the hilt like the battle of Endor.

As for Slave 1, how many available weapons/upgrades?  Episode II showed what the early model had under the bonnet (or hood for US) and Fett the younger added even more.  Including a cloaking device I think I read somewhere.

I imagine that the ship would be a YT-1300, if you choose Han as the pilot, then you have the milenum falcon.  The Falcon isn't a type of ship it is a specific ship.  It is highly midified, but that could be handled with upgrade cards.  Remember the ion cannons on a y-wing are upgrandes.

On a similar note I imagine that FFG may release a Flamespirt (I could be wrong on the ship type) if you take Boba or maybe even Jango.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#31 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hrathen said:

Nalydd said:

herozeromes said:

I imagine that the ship would be a YT-1300, if you choose Han as the pilot, then you have the milenum falcon.  The Falcon isn't a type of ship it is a specific ship.  It is highly midified, but that could be handled with upgrade cards.  Remember the ion cannons on a y-wing are upgrandes.

On a similar note I imagine that FFG may release a Flamespirt (I could be wrong on the ship type) if you take Boba or maybe even Jango.

A Firespray, but same idea, yes. I agree that it would be released as a YT-1300 freighter, but at this point, I'm cool with just calling it the Millennium Falcon, since we don't run around saying Incom T-65 X-wing starfighter. Slightly different situation, I know, but same difference.

--Count Dooku

#32 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

generic freighters and shuttles would be useful

also bearing in mind the first part of the x wing alliance game you fly yt1300 freighters. a good 3rd faction for x wing would be smugglers and spice runners etc.

#33 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

The difference between releasing an x-wing model and releasing a Milenium Falcon model, is that there is only one Milenium Falcon, it is a specific YT-1300 light freighter.  And there could be lots of use for a non-Milenium Falcon YT-1300 freighter in the game.  Not only that, but with pilot and other upgrades it would be very easy to turn the generic YT-1300 into the Milenium Falcon by adding Han (or even Lando) as the pilot, adding (possibly two) turret upgrades and maybe some Concusion missiles.  

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#34 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yes, this is true. But I really believe that most people who say, "I hope they release the Millennium Falcon" aren't excluding a generic freighter, just as long as said pack includes Han Solo piloting the Millennium Falcon. I totally agree it will be marketed as a YT-1300, but for the sake of simplicity, we can consider that product as synonymous with the Millennium Falcon. 

--Count Dooku

#35 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

The Millenium Falcon it is suposed to be a greatly upgraded YT-1300 freighter, not just in terms of weaponry but also in speed, agility, shields, and maybe even hull durability. If an hypotetical future "Light Freighter Expansion Pack" would give us the options to choose between deploying an "standard" light freighter or the Falcon, I wonder if this would mean the introduction of "crew cards" representing Han Solo, Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca, or the Falcon would be considered to be piloted always by Han Solo. The introduction of "crew cards" would be a departure from the actual model, where a pilot is attached to an specific fighter.

It would also be interesting to introduce "upgrade cards" that could be used to upgrade an standard light freighter (things like "Reinforced Hull", "Additional Retro Thrusters", "Improved Engines", "Vortex Grenade Detonator"…  whoops, wrong game). Although I'm not sure that this could be feasible. ¿What would be the limit of "upgrade cards" to be attached to a freighter? ¿Would be the Falcon represented with its own card, or would be it considered a freighter with a lot of upgrade and crew cards attached?

#36 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I would think different cards would be fine.  If they did it like WoW, it would be a bigger card, with multiple weapon firing points.  They did that with the bombers when they came out and it seemed to work fine.  Han's pilot card would just be all-around better than the stock freighter's pilot card.  You could represent additional shielding, hull and weaponry there.  The tricky part might be the maneuver dial (but then again, maybe not).  The Falcon's speed is rated the same as an X-Wing, at 80 MGLT.  One might assume that a regular freighter is less than that though.  Perhaps multiple dials would be included for the different ships.

#37 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

the fairly recent millenium falcon novel looks at the history of the craft from creation to approx 40yr ABY, including all its other names and owners. the main upgrade I can remember from reading this is a super high tech trinity droid brain. i think the weapon and shield upgrades were fairly minor, most of the upgrades were to do with going faster and being a lot more manouverable.

Also you gotta bear in mind that the yt1300 was known for being easily customisable to suit the owners needs.

I would imagine if ffg made one it would look like the millenium falcon, and I think it may have double pilot cards, for example han and chewie, lando and nien numb etc. Or maybes a pilot/copilot system where you put 2 halfs of one big card together to get the stats for the ship.

#38 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

My guess is that it either ends up with single cards representing 1-2 pilots (eg a generic freighter pilot card, a Han and Chewie card, or a Lando and Nien Numb card) or they create a "co-pilot" upgrade similar to how X-wings and Y-wings can get astromech droids (so the generic pilot might not have a co-pilot slot, but Han and Lando would and there would be a Chewie upgrade card that gave some benefit).  Extra upgrade slots could also be present on the Han card to allow for other upgrades that would make it the Falcon.  Those just seem like the simplest ways to accomplish it within the current system to me.

#39 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Good catch on Nien Numb as a candidate to co-pilot / mechanic for the Falcon.

#40 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

There are enough pilot/co-pilot combos available to the ship that the Millennium Falcon should get its own bubble. Yeah, they could do a YT-1200 with upgrades available, but it would be simpler if those were just part of the ship card. Plus, I want a mini of the Falcon, paint job, scorch marks and all. I could do these things to customize the model but not everyone has experience painting fine details on small models. The other thing to remember is that the tournament rules allow customization, but a tournament organizer has discretion to disqualify any customized model if he/she so chooses.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS