Preview: Fire the Ion Cannon

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

To add to the discussion about character cards, im hoping for cards with pictures of the pilots on rather than the ships. im slightly dissapointed that ffg have gone for computer style art for the cards rather than hand painted pictures, im hoping they release a pilot deck expansion with images taken straight from the rogue squadron graphic novels.

As far as ion cannons go, is it the tie advanced or tie defender that is also mounted with them?

#22 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

ironman said:

To add to the discussion about character cards, im hoping for cards with pictures of the pilots on rather than the ships. im slightly dissapointed that ffg have gone for computer style art for the cards rather than hand painted pictures, im hoping they release a pilot deck expansion with images taken straight from the rogue squadron graphic novels.

As far as ion cannons go, is it the tie advanced or tie defender that is also mounted with them?

The TIE Defender is armed with 4 laser cannons and 2 ion cannons (plus a missile or torpedo payload).

The inclusion of Imperial Ace Maarek Stele seems to suggest that we can see a future TIE Defender expansion, because both Maarek Stele and the TIE Defender were first introduced in the computer game "TIE Fighter", and the inclusion of the former suggest the future inclusion of the later. Also, the Lucasarts' Star Wars space sims seems the most logical source for the first additions to this game once the fighters that appear in the original trilogy of movies have been covered.

The inclusion of starfighters introduced in the Star Wars computer space sims would mean the coming of the Z-95, R-41 Starchaser and T-wing for the Rebel side, and the TIE Defender, Starwing gunboat and Missile Boat for the Imperial side. The late "Star Wars Galaxies" MMORPG had a few more candidates from the "Jump to Lightspeed expansion", as the Longprobe Y-wing and Rebel Gunboat for the Rebels, and more TIE variants for the Imperials.

BTW, the Ion Torrent icon looks to me like some stilized lightning motif surrounding a circular object, as a representation of the electrical disruption created by an ion cannon hit.

#23 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

The numbered tokens are indeed for IDing ships

#24 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Agrivar said:

The inclusion of Imperial Ace Maarek Stele seems to suggest that we can see a future TIE Defender expansion, because both Maarek Stele and the TIE Defender were first introduced in the computer game "TIE Fighter", and the inclusion of the former suggest the future inclusion of the later. Also, the Lucasarts' Star Wars space sims seems the most logical source for the first additions to this game once the fighters that appear in the original trilogy of movies have been covered.

The inclusion of starfighters introduced in the Star Wars computer space sims would mean the coming of the Z-95, R-41 Starchaser and T-wing for the Rebel side, and the TIE Defender, Starwing gunboat and Missile Boat for the Imperial side. The late "Star Wars Galaxies" MMORPG had a few more candidates from the "Jump to Lightspeed expansion", as the Longprobe Y-wing and Rebel Gunboat for the Rebels, and more TIE variants for the Imperials.

Exactly what I barely dared to hope then, yay I must admit that personally, I'm not really familiar with most of the EU, but did play the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter video games - so getting ships from those is something I really hope and look forward to.

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom, 2 VT-49

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 3 YT-2400

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS