Prieview: Stay on Target

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

I'm in the same boat. I've got one each of the X-wing products on preorder and a separate preorder for SW:TCG, but now I'm considering cancelling the card game and getting a few more of these. At least one more Y-wing. Decisions, decisions.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#22 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I don't know if I'm concerned about the markers being two-sided.  Eventually you need more fighters to field more pilots, so you'd get more markers with the extra fighters you'd need to buy.  I have two starters and a single x-wing expansion coming, so I still don't have enough fighters to field all the expansion pilots.  You could always just make a color copy of the marker on cardstock so you could use both sides at the same time until you get more ships.

#23 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

It's not a cause of concern really for me. It's really a matter of min-maxing what I get for my money. Since the X-Wing expansion also has cards that the base game supposedly doesn't, it makes sense to get two of them anyway. On the other hand, more than one base game makes sense for the added templates and dice. I think I'll find out what I really want, eventually

#24 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

After reading the article through again, I've come to the conclusion that elite pilot talents are not restricted to Imperial or Rebel. Some of you probably already figured this out. The reason I think this is because Expert Handling says that you take a stress token only if you're ship does not already have Barrel Roll. Since TIEs are the only ones with Barrel Roll, it makes sense that this card can be played on Imperials as well.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#25 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Could be, but more nimble fighters in future releases (like the A-Wing) might have barrel roll.

#26 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

vadersson said:

However, what if the number markers are Skill/Initiative boost markers?  Maybe a card raises your skill (perm or temp)?  I see they seem to start at 10 and 11, so maybe only elite pilots can use it an it bumps you to 10 or 11 for a turn.  Other than that, I have no idea.

Interesting thought. The Y-wing expansion seems to come with 16's and 17's. I'm starting to think that each expansion comes with different numbers so that you can collect a whole numerical series. Awesome! And there are duplicates so you can trade with your friends and get the whole collection of numbers even if you don't buy all the expansions. Nice!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#27 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

But a number sequence for what purpose? Still for numbering ships?

#28 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

At this point I gotta believe that it is for numbering ships.  I wonder is there is a slot of something those numbers would fit into in the base.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#29 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Baphomet69 said:

But a number sequence for what purpose? Still for numbering ships?

To be collectible, of course! Who doesn't like counting from 10 to 20?

Okay, I admit, I was totally joking when I posted that last comment. I was debating whether or not to put "j/k" at the end of it. It's just weird to me that the numbers are ascending with each expansion they reveal.

And as to vadersson's comment, it could be that they are for numbering ships, but why would they start at 10 and not 1?

I agree with others: can't wait to read the rules!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#30 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Parakitor said:

And as to vadersson's comment, it could be that they are for numbering ships, but why would they start at 10 and not 1?

I agree with others: can't wait to read the rules!

Well, we haven't seen the full spread of components from the core set.  I suspect that 1-9 are in there.

I was hoping for rules over the Y-Wing preview actually, but… oh well.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#31 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

We really need to rules posted.  How soon is the GenCon tournament?  The sooner the rules are posted the sooner questions can be asked and answered ahead of the event.  Nothing rules a tournament like a  bad on the spot ruling.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS