Was really excited .. then I see it is talisman with a new skin… LAME

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Marcin Przybyłek

Marcin Przybyłek

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Booored and everybody who say "I'll pass". Let me say just one simple thing: you are judging a product you did not see, did not play, do not know. It is "based" on Talisman. Based. Nobody said it IS Talisman. 

I am pleased to hear there is a new Wh40k game based on a rather simple game because I am tired of too complicated titles. And I hope the FFG people are not ignorants and know how to enhance the game fun, so "based" sounds good to me.

To sum up: I think it is really not very wise to judge anything one has not seen nor played nor known before.

#22 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Marcin Przybyłek said:

Booored and everybody who say "I'll pass". Let me say just one simple thing: you are judging a product you did not see, did not play, do not know. It is "based" on Talisman. Based. Nobody said it IS Talisman. 

I am pleased to hear there is a new Wh40k game based on a rather simple game because I am tired of too complicated titles. And I hope the FFG people are not ignorants and know how to enhance the game fun, so "based" sounds good to me.

To sum up: I think it is really not very wise to judge anything one has not seen nor played nor known before.

yeah fair enough.. and in truth I agree with you on complexity my flatmate recently got "A Touch of Evil" witch is basically Arkham Horror lite.. it is a game that is much simpler than AH and is very much alike… but the simplicity really makes is so fast to set up, teach to others and play.. so it seams to be hitting the table more often.

I'm a pretty big 40K fan so while I am complaining I will prob be trying this out… though it is not longer a "insta-buy". I stand by my comments though that I would have preferred a brand new game. No mater how they mod it the game will have strong ties to Talisman, so we do have a fairly good idea what to expect… There are going to be no awesome new macanics you just get blown away by.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#23 Marcin Przybyłek

Marcin Przybyłek

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

That's true. But, you know, I am rather curious of this famous Talisman mechanics. I remember playing it in the early nineties and haven't done that till now. I am older, more mature, maybe I will discover something new about it? :). And, to repeat it again, I feel rather tired of learning new mechanics, so a good simple one would do me good :).

#24 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

I really didnt want to post here coz dont care much for the haters, but i love talisman and hope they dont over complicate or drift too far from the core rules

#25 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

I for one will wait with my judgement until after I get a chance to actually play it.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#26 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Fnoffen said:

I for one will wait with my judgement until after I get a chance to actually play it.

I think this is one of the best replies I have read in this Relic forum so far.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#27 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Nemomon said:

Fnoffen said:

What can I say? I like having an open mind.

#28 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Fnoffen said:

Nemomon said:

Fnoffen said:

You already have said enough I also would like all the haters to wait until Relic is released. Is there a reason to hate a game that we know nothing about it?

Enter the Talisman Island!

#29 golgothika

golgothika

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Nemomon said:

Nemomon said:

You already have said enough I also would like all the haters to wait until Relic is released. Is there a reason to hate a game that we know nothing about it?

I agree completely,but I think the "reason" is that haters are gonna hate. I thought it looked decent in the short video they had of it,and I was no big fan of Timescape.

#30 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Nemomon said:

Fnoffen said:

Nemomon said:

Fnoffen said:

Perhaps because it is the nature of some people to respond to that which they do not understand with fear, which leads to anger which in turn leads to hate?

#31 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

…and hate leads to suffering!

Master Yoda

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#32 HTMC

HTMC

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

booored said:

No mater how they mod it the game will have strong ties to Talisman, so we do have a fairly good idea what to expect… There are going to be no awesome new macanics you just get blown away by.

Oh cool, so you've played the game or read the rules? Since I think that's the only way you can know for certain that it will have "strong ties" or "no new macanics."

Anyway, having never owned or played Talisman, I'm quite excited to see what Relic is like, since I've played every 40k product FFG has produced so far and hopefully Relic will live up to the high standard already set forth. 

#33 golgothika

golgothika

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

For those that haven't seen the video, this link is still good as of posting this.It's more of an interview with the game being played in the background.

http://thegaminggang.com/2012/07/exclusive-first-look-at-relic-from-fantasy-flight-games/

#34 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think Relic will be a big hit in the gaming community. I for one love Talisman as much as a previous poster

Relic is the perfect answer to all those who thought Timescape had no place in a fantasy based realm. It now has its on realm in a brand new board game!

I look forward to playing it when it is released.

Ell.

#35 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

#36 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

At the start of each game of Relic, a randomly drawn Scenario card is placed in the center of the board, bringing with it game-changing effects. The basic game, entitled “The Mystery Beyond,” is a race for the Inner Region and the unimaginable power contained therein. Other scenarios pit characters against a powerful Daemon Prince, an infernal Chaos Manufactorum, and more.

For example, while Relic is always a competitive game, the scenario “Lost Flagship of St. Antias” ratchets up the rivalry. This brutal death match requires that all players duel each other at every opportunity. What’s more, the final confrontation is a all-out king-of-the-hill style brawl for control of a mighty ship that promises dominance of the sector! Relic offers an entirely new take on a classic, beloved adventure game. Will you save humanity, or fall to the powers of Chaos? Venture into the depths of the Antian Sector, and prepare to face its mysteries!

#37 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

#38 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

#39 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

lol, wow that table top is a real mess.. i can hardly look at it and tell what is what!! heh heh What is that a galaxy I guess… like with planets you can go to? I kinda expected it to be smaller scale, as in walking about a landcape with locations like dungeons or towns or w/e

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#40 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

The outside is the planet surface and the inner is in space

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS