• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Harlech said:

Just noticed something, it appears the Starfighters themselves have a "skill" number on their base.  Or was that explained somewhere else? 

Just wondering…

I noticed that, too. So are we going to have interchangeable mini cards that can slide into the bases? That was the impression I had at first, but I began to second guess myself. It looks like you need to choose the proper base to match the pilot you've chosen.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#22 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Sprenger said:

dvang said:

Also keep in mind these are the basic Ties and X-Wings. Remember that  X-Wings are probably almost twice as expensive as Ties, meaning that if a plain skill 3 Tie is 13 pts, a single skill 3 X-wing is probably about 20-26 pts each. Advanced Ties and Y-Wings, etc, are going to be more expensive each.

I think that the difference in points between the X-wings and Ties won't necessarily be the pilots but the number of attachments like Astrodroids and weapon cards that can be equiped to the ship. At the bottom of each pilot card it shows what kind of upgrades that star ship can have.

I hope that I can field a good 3 ship Rebel squad to make it feel more like attack runs more than just a bunch of ships going in 10 different directions. Also I'd like to see/play a 6 player game (like the one from last years GC) where each player gets to pilot 1 or two ships and work together.

One big difference between X-wings and Tie fighters is Shields. X-wings have shields and Tie fighters don't.  X-wings, with 2 shields, can take 2 more damaging hits (or points of hull damage?) more than Tie fighters can. That's pretty powerful, and that alone is worth an increase of at least half the cost. So a Tie fighter costing 13 would equate to an X-wing of equivalent skill costing at least 19-20. That is without including other features, such as attachments and weapon cards.

#23 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Parakitor said:

Harlech said:

Just noticed something, it appears the Starfighters themselves have a "skill" number on their base.  Or was that explained somewhere else? 

Just wondering…

I noticed that, too. So are we going to have interchangeable mini cards that can slide into the bases? That was the impression I had at first, but I began to second guess myself. It looks like you need to choose the proper base to match the pilot you've chosen.

Based on the images it looks like the mounting system hasn't changed much since the demo last year.  That was a clear base with 2 altitude pegs then the starfighter.  The card had a hole in the center which slipped over the altitude pegs.  Everything minus the card is how thins worked in Wings of War as well.

Also if you look at the picture for the box for the core set, the minatures ship with out the bases attached.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS