• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Columbob

Columbob

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

Antistone said:

Which, actually, raises another interesting question.  In first edition, you could only use "during your turn" effects during the action part of your turn (not during refresh/re-equip).  As far as I've noticed, second edition doesn't have a rule like that, so it appears you could hypothetically use Prayer of Healing at the beginning of your turn, refresh it at the end of step 1, and then use it again on the same turn.  I wonder if that's intentional…

Suppose you could do that, you still only get to refresh it once a turn, so it would mean you hadn't used it in the previous turn.

#22 hooliganj

hooliganj

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

This question came up during the preview weekend at our local store, and we ruled that the "as if it were a monster" part of Dark Charm applies only to the declaration of the attack (necessary to make it legal to attack another hero), and for all other intents and purposes both figures (attacker and defender) are still heroes and not monsters.

#23 Antistone

Antistone

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Columbob said:

Antistone said:

Which, actually, raises another interesting question.  In first edition, you could only use "during your turn" effects during the action part of your turn (not during refresh/re-equip).  As far as I've noticed, second edition doesn't have a rule like that, so it appears you could hypothetically use Prayer of Healing at the beginning of your turn, refresh it at the end of step 1, and then use it again on the same turn.  I wonder if that's intentional…

Suppose you could do that, you still only get to refresh it once a turn, so it would mean you hadn't used it in the previous turn.

Yes.  This wouldn't let you use it more often overall, just let you "save" an unused one for the start of your next turn.  Still, that might be pretty useful.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS