• 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

I would buy a set.

#42 Paco62

Paco62

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

I would buy multiple sets as well.  We used two sets when we played (2 copies of the game), and peole were still scrambling for the dice.  I am not sure why they don't take the RPG approach and market the heck out of these things:

- sparkly dice

- gothic looking symbols for the Overlord set of dice

- swirly dice (everyone likes swirly, right?)

- etc., etc.

#43 Hodgeheg

Hodgeheg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Created an account just to respond to this thread. Got my copy finally this week and the first thing I thought upon unboxing and reading the rules was would be nice to have extra dice. Would ideally have a set for each player. So would buy four sets.

#44 Timerron

Timerron

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Minimum of 2 more sets. From there as many as needed to keep game flow going. "Who has the blue die? OL, can I use yours?"

#45 wootersl

wootersl

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

While you are waiting, just do what we do. They are all six siders. Created a simple chart in word with the numbers matching sides. Roll some normal six siders and compare to the chart. Easy peasey.

#46 Logoi23

Logoi23

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

I would definitely pick up 2-3 sets.  I have players who tend to "lose" their dice in all their table clutter and waiting for them to gather them up can be irritating.

#47 UKDane

UKDane

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

I would buy a set of extra dice, and depending on the price possibly more than one set.

Have played 1st edition for the first time the other day, the main comment was "I wish there was an extra set of dice". I immediately went out and bought 2 sets. It's a shame they aren't compatible with 2nd edition.

So, from experience, YES I would definitely buy at least one (probably 2) sets of dice.

#48 UKDane

UKDane

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I had the chance to play an evening of 2nd Edition on Friday, and can confirm that I would without doubt purchase a second set of dice.

#49 Blackjac

Blackjac

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'd buy 1 set. Mainly for the extra blue die. 1 blue die is not enough for this game. It's a pain to pass that main attack die all around the table. With 2 blue dice, 1 can be for the OL at all times and 1 can be passed between the 4 heroes.

#50 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

I would buy 1-2 sets, I believe.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#51 Barraven

Barraven

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Love this game.  Have played a few of the campaign encounters and would absolutely buy at least two extra sets of dice.

#52 Flatusjae

Flatusjae

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

I made account here only to come tell that I too would definitely buy 2 to 4 extra sets, having extras really make things move more smoothly. Currently it's kinda "pain" to keep track of the dices. Nothing else to complain about whole game.

And that alone says quite a bit about the quality of this game :) <3

#53 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

I would love a second set just so I wouldn't have to roll the one brown die twice when using armor of faith and having leather armor on my Disciple. It gets even more confusing when you use Shield of the Dark God to re-roll all your defense dice as well.

#54 Cejel

Cejel

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Yes, I  too, would purchase an additional dice set.  Two players definitely need a set each.  Then there's no excuse for not having the dice you need right in front of you.  Three players also require at least two complete dice sets.  That's worked out really great for our group with Descent & RtL.  However, a set each may result in too many dice on the table, where eventually the extras will make their way onto the floor, or worse, into my beer (don't ask!).  Four or five players, I haven't yet had the pleasure.  Even then, I can't imagine anything less than three sets.

You don't stop playing games because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop playing games.

#55 Rico

Rico

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Expansion looks great! But, man, I could really use a couple more sets of dice. I know ROI is exponentially better for FFG with an xpac, but I'm dyin' here.

#56 Lukee

Lukee

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

I would buy 2-4 sets as well.

#57 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

I ordered blank indented dice - they also give a template to create stickers.

Here is an example of a site that sells some very cheap : javascript:void(0);/*1345751073331*/

I created a template (pdf) for a double set of D2 dice. You can d/l it here (BGG will eventually place the file in its file section) : javascript:void(0);/*1345751176910*/

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#58 pyremus8

pyremus8

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

more dice, please!!!! I know our group would buy a few sets.

BTW< thank you guys for sending our group extra bits when some were lost for Descent v.1 during a move. It was much appreciated!

#59 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

The template file has been approved by BGG.

You now can find it here : javascript:void(0);/*1345996977981*/

G. K. Chesterton

#60 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

I need at least one dice set.

So i would by if this is comming

D1 had it, why not D2 ?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS