Nope.

BYE

#143 Blackjack Rackham

Blackjack Rackham

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

THE SQUATS ARE BACK, BABY!!! (sort of)

For those of you who've got a copy, lookup the Lathemaster advanced career and tell me they don't sound suspiciously like the Squats of old.

#144 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Blackjack Rackham said:

THE SQUATS ARE BACK, BABY!!! (sort of)

For those of you who've got a copy, lookup the Lathemaster advanced career and tell me they don't sound suspiciously like the Squats of old.

They don't sound like the Squats of old.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#145 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yeah. They ain't Squats.

They're the descendants of the original inhabitants (human colony) of the Pondus system, taken by the Lords Dragon, further genetically altered, kept in stasis and then returned (mind wiped) to their former homes as a ready-made workforce.

BYE

#146 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Short fellas with a funny knack for technology? I'd like to think they are, yeah.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#147 Blackjack Rackham

Blackjack Rackham

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, they ain't Squats (except they are subrace of humans adapted to a high gravity world, they can shrug off extreme environments, they've got a knack for machinery, they form into family oriented clans called "cores", they have darksight, they demand respect,…).

How anyone could draw parallels between them and Squats is beyond me.  

#148 Magos Seqvirin

Magos Seqvirin

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

mrady said:

KommissarK said:

I hate to repeat the same question, but it got kinda lost in the hype over the Crimson Guard…

But how exactly is The Flesh Is Weak talents a Tech Priest gains now reconciled with The Flesh Is Weak talents an Ascension level Magos gets?

Are the Magos talents just overruled now? Replaced by a cheaper source of TFiW until they get to the point where Magos offers something better? I have a DW game going with a Magos in the party, and I'm trying to determine how I'm going to treat this at my table.

Currently, I'm refunding XP but forcing the same "slow" progression through the talents. A bit of a mix of the two, but sort of inconsistent.

Honestly I would add the two togeather. I know it might get to be a little much when all is said and done, but if they can get it from two different sources by all means let them have both.

The Lathe Worlds allows 4 levels of The Flesh if Weak for a total of 800 XP, while Ascension also has 4 levels with a total price of 2000 XP. Allowing the two to stack would give a naked Tech-Priest (well, Magos at this point) a shocking AP8! Add Dragon Scale and some other nifty bits (such as Armour-Monger and Armour Plating), and nothing save for a lucky Melta blast will be able to harm him. It might be interesting to note that stacking this talent to 8 points would kick Exemplar of Metal in the bottom, since EoM only gives 7 points of TFiW. 

So I don't think that adding the two together is a viable idea, it would certainly cause some concern both from the players and the GM. A more viable option is refunding the XP spend on the Ascension level version of the Talent, but that might retroactively mucks up the whole learning progress of the Tech-Priest. 

There's also the fact that you had to become a Rank 12 Magos to get The Flesh is Weak 4, but now Rank 8 is enough. Makes sense to me, really, it's just that it causes some minor technical confusion.

And now for something completely different! 

The new Luminen Talents are quite nice, I like the larger variety and especially the Shield/Barrier, but there is no mention of their relation to the Ascension level Electro Illumination Paragon Talent. Does this Paragon Talent contain all the new Luminen Talents as well, or just the old ones and we have to buy the new ones separately? If the Paragon Talent includes the new Luminens, then the Paragon Talent is extremely cost-effective.

(To be honest, I've just bought the PDF version and have skimmed through the bits that were of suddenly interesting to me, but what I didn't notice and correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of how the contents relate to Ascension's contents.)

#149 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I wonder that nobody mentioned Ryboth ("reboot"?) by now. Assuming that the majority of the 40K fans are although fans of the post-apocalyptic (hey, look at all those communites on spacehulks, warworlds and the liked) Ryboth must be a dream come true.

Radioactive wastes, uncontrolled and half-deleted servitors, half molten or fully forgotten remains of Tech-Factories and Machine-Temples, dangerous mutants, a population of scavengers and raiders (good and bad and ugly) and some surviving Tech-Priests all in the mix. Subterran live, insert-what-the-hell-you-like ecosystem excuse and an orbit so littered with debris that only ace pilots and pirates dare to cross it… 

…well, I totally know now where the final lair of the Heretek will be. Marcharyn Marches.

It so reminds me of "M.a.r.k. 13" (the movie, not the bible quote)

EDIT: What I do miss, so, are any suggestes rules for the Radiation hazard. While p.127 of the provided adventure (have read it yet) provides radiation rules the surface of Ryboth cannot be that deadly.. in adition, it seems to be less of a problem by night..proberbly no ozon layer left or some other sun related threat…perhaps still radiation incoming

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS