Hopes for the Lathe Worlds?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 Regis Eisen

Regis Eisen

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Anyone have a list of the cybernetics in this thing?  I have an Augmeticist Psyker Interrogator that's interested…

#42 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm not 100% certain on what the full final list is (which is wierd given I wrote the armoury), but I'm fairly certain that the following cybernetics are in the book (once my copy arrives (hopefully) next week I'll be able to confirm these):

Alatus-Pattern Jump Pack - it's a cybernetic Jump Pack that requires Mechanicus Implants.
Enhanced Potentia Coil - Boosts lots of the various Tech-Priest abilities like Luminem Blast and Ferric Lure and that sort've thing.
Integrated Weapon - Technically not a cybernetic, more of a weapon mod, but you need to be partially cybernetic for it to work.
Perinetus-Pattern Servo-Harness - It's a non-Astartes Servo-Harness! And it has thrusters for moving around in space!
Servo-Claw - A mechadendrite/servo-arm that, for once, is actually designed as a weapon, rather that just being naturally good at killing things as a byproduct of its basic functionality. If you search out GW's ancient Adeptus Mechanicus miniature collection (the one you could get with the Skullz promotion), you'll see the Magos has a very small claw like mechadendrite that sits at about his mid-section. That's basically a Servo-Claw (and the weapon he's holding is an Omnissian Rod, which you'll find out about once you have the book!).

There are a couple of others (I'm 99% sure of this), but that covers most of them. Thing is, the DH Core Rulebook and Inquisitor's Handbook did a pretty good job of covering the basics. The way I see it there are only so many ways you can write "bionic arm" before you just end up repeating yourself.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#43 Magos Seqvirin

Magos Seqvirin

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

As my character (try to guess his name!) is a rank 10 Magos, I am really looking forward to the Armory part of the book, especially the bit about the cybernetics. I like the basic stuff that's been available since release, but somehow the Ascension items didn't really manage to perk my interest. What I am really interested in are upgrades to the existing bits and pieces, such as the Enhanced Potentia Coil you've mentioned. Or perhaps it would be nice if there was a system that allowed to generate additional abilities for various bionic items (kinda like the prefixes on Diablo items… "Dextrous Hands of the Ambull: A bionic arm upgrade that grants its owner the Ambidexterity Talent and +5 to contested Strength tests"). 

An Omnissian Rod? Sounds interesting, especially since it's a bit bothersome to run around in public with an Omnissian Axe, even though it is not only a weapon (and a quite potent one at that), but a sign of status. 

#44 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Crimson Guard sounds amazing; I've been waiting for something like that since DH's original release. Can we get any delicious news on them?

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#45 Clutch_Halthos

Clutch_Halthos

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Ok so the folks at my hobby shop are actually saints. I now have a copy of The Lathe worlds and am willing to answer any questions you guys might have. BTW the Crimson Guards are AWESOME!!!! 

#46 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just for my own personal sanity, can you do a quick list of the items in the Armoury?

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#47 Clutch_Halthos

Clutch_Halthos

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Surely
Intergrated weapon components:

Lathe laspistol

Lathe Lasgun

Lathe Las-Blaster

Phased Plasma rifle

Catalytic Mass Driver

Catalytic Mass driver (Heavy)

Graviton Pulse Launcher

Coil Whip

Lathes Arc Welder

Weapon Emplacements:

Rapier

Tarantula

Melee Weapons:

Percussion Mallet

Omnisian Rod

Venator Blade

Armor:

Crimson Armor

Grenades and ammo:

Haywire Grenade

Purity Round

Wargear and Equipment: 

Core Gel

Scatter Caster

Cybernetics:

Atlus Pattern Jump Pack

Enhanced Protena Coil

Lathes Mechadendrite Stabilisers

Perinteus pattern Servo Harness

Servo Claw

Servitors and Drones:

Combat Servitor

Medicae Servitor

Security Servitor

CAT

Archaeotech

Holo Clone

Power Glove

Psybernetics

Vision Cowel 

#48 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

CAT? That reminds me of Emperors Finest novel about Ciaphas Cain, is it some construct used for exploration of confined spaces (such as space hulks)? Oh, some backround package and cell directive love pleade 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#49 Clutch_Halthos

Clutch_Halthos

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

TorogTarkdacil812 said:

CAT? That reminds me of Emperors Finest novel about Ciaphas Cain, is it some construct used for exploration of confined spaces (such as space hulks)? Oh, some backround package and cell directive love pleade 

Good news and bad news. The CAT is exactly what you thought it was. A little infiltrator unit that goes around space hulks/ ships and can even be a data thief!! This thing has unnatural INT and PER and is "often overlooked by enemy troops". Sadly there were no cell directives nor were there any background packages. However there are several alternate ranks. 

#50 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hey!

What about the Heretics and the bad guys in the book? Any Famous Hereteks previously mentioned in this thread? 

#51 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Core-Gel is in the book! W00t! That makes me so happy. 

And Catalytic Mass Drivers… what a fun weapon. I'll be interested to see how effective people find it. 

Follow-up question/s, and this is regarding patterns.

You mention, the Combat, Security and Medicae Servitor. Do they have specific Patterns like the "[Whatever]-Pattern Medicae Servitor"?, and if so, what are they? Ditto for the Power Glove and Vision Cowl.

And one more (two part) question:

Are there any section on new Skills/Talents listed, and if so, what are they?

This book can't arrive fast enough.

BYE

#52 Meridien

Meridien

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

What's the deal with the venator blade and psybernetics? And what's a coil whip?

#53 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Do we have a full list of Alternate Ranks?

Are there any new Home Worlds?

Enemy stats?

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#54 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Meridien said:

What's the deal with the venator blade and psybernetics? And what's a coil whip?

A Venator Blade is simply the knife that all Venatorii (Crimson Guard) carry, however, because it's a Lathe Blade it's got all the fancy special rules that other Lathe-upgraded weapons get from the IH. Psybernetics are pretty much what they sound like - a type of cybernetic that gives you psychic powers. Highly proscribed, absolute Tech-Heresy, and are a type of 'Archeotech' within the book. A coil whip is an electrical whip that is very dangerous and zaps you lots. The Security Servitors have two of 'em. 

Enemy stats would take too long to list. No new home worlds in this book.

The alternates are:

Mech-Assassin
Agent of the Lords Dragon
Cult of the Pure Form Cultist
Crimson Guard
Lathesmaster
Malatek
Factor of the Lathes

And two Elite packages, the Cistron and Discordant.

BYE

#55 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

Meridien said:

A Venator Blade is simply the knife that all Venatorii (Crimson Guard) carry, however, because it's a Lathe Blade it's got all the fancy special rules that other Lathe-upgraded weapons get from the IH. Psybernetics are pretty much what they sound like - a type of cybernetic that gives you psychic powers. Highly proscribed, absolute Tech-Heresy, and are a type of 'Archeotech' within the book. A coil whip is an electrical whip that is very dangerous and zaps you lots. The Security Servitors have two of 'em. 

Enemy stats would take too long to list. No new home worlds in this book.

The alternates are:

Mech-Assassin
Agent of the Lords Dragon
Cult of the Pure Form Cultist
Crimson Guard
Lathesmaster
Malatek
Factor of the Lathes

And two Elite packages, the Cistron and Discordant.

BYE

Hmm. I was chatting with some nice fellows online and everything we've heard about this book so far makes us crave a party using largely this book, with everyone getting jump packs and mechadendrites. Horrify some natives with our "sorcery."

#56 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

You probably could. The Lords Dragon are the Calixis Mechanicum's own internal "Inquisition", so a group of Acolytes working for them (with a few Agents of the Lords Dragon in there) could work quite well, taking orders from the Ad Mech rather than the Inquisition.

BYE

#57 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

You probably could. The Lords Dragon are the Calixis Mechanicum's own internal "Inquisition", so a group of Acolytes working for them (with a few Agents of the Lords Dragon in there) could work quite well, taking orders from the Ad Mech rather than the Inquisition.

BYE

So, how close can we get to playing Skitarii with this book? We have our base Tech-Priests, and now Mech-Assassins and Crimson Guard… Are there Mechanicus psykers? Clerics?

#58 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Crimson Guard are as close are you're going to get to Skitarii I'm afraid. The AdMech don't have psykers. And they're all clerics (so to speak). They're Tech-Priests, after all.

BYE

#59 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

NO bp and cell advances? Shame, still looking forward on this like hell. CAT is nice somebody read his Hero of the Imperium. Venatorii (I prefer high gothic names) sounds cool, but one question comes to my mind, are the Lords Dragons mentioned to be Calixis specific? Becouse I swear a read about them in Necron 3ed. codex and in Horus Heresy novels.

Also, Malatek, it sounds awfuly similiar to Maltek Stalker from RH, what is he about? Renegade tech-priest but no warp-tech? Also is there any stuff on Logicians, Phaeonites and briefly mentioned Empyrean Engineers and Sinophian Tech-wtiches? 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#60 Clutch_Halthos

Clutch_Halthos

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Item number 1: I haven't been able to fully scour the book. There seemed to be some REALLY interesting/scary enemy profiles (I'm talking about you Myrmidon… <.< …>.>). 

Item number 2:

Spatha Pattern Combat Servitor

Remidium Pattern Medicae servitor

Velox Pattern Security Servitor

And yes I completely forgot about the new skills/ talents!!! There is now the Diplomacy skill which allows players to essentially debate with other characters to make them see their point of view on a subject matter. Theres also Logis Prophesying which is a skill for tech priests which allows them to piece together past and present information to predict a future event, a sort of "techno divination". New Talents include Luminen flare and Luminen surge which are beefed up versions of blast and shock respectively. Theres also Luminen shield and barrier which are awesome additions. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS