Post your questions for the next FAQ

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Cigar

Cigar

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

How does a smoke filled path affect the weapon "Doom?"  Since the weapon is mental and doesn't need line of sight to use, but rather uses counted circles that may be out of path, is Karl Zermann afflicted by the effects of smoke, thus rendering him only able to attack circles adjacent to him?  If he is unnaffected by the circle adjacency limitation of smoke, is he affected by the -2 dice roll?

#42 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Doom is limited by smoke in the same way than any other weapon. This was cleared up officially some time ago after some confusion. A contradicting answer even made it into an official FAQ, but it was reversed later.

#43 carbonadam

carbonadam

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi all. New to Tannhauser. A few quick questions

Why are the characters faces on the equipment tokens ringed in beige or gray? 

Can a team be formed with Reich and Union characters? 

Can Blutsturm, Obscura Korps, and Reich characters make up a single 5 character team? 

What characters can pair with the army of the union? 

Is initiative rolled every round? 

Is a round for a team or does is just go back and forth from character to character, cycling through the team each time the turn comes back to you? 

Thanks so much.

#44 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

carbonadam said:

Why are the characters faces on the equipment tokens ringed in beige or gray?

I have never even noticed that, and I don't think it has any in-game relevance.

Can a team be formed with Reich and Union characters?
If you play using the official rules, you can't do that. But feel free to use a house rule.

Can Blutsturm, Obscura Korps, and Reich characters make up a single 5 character team?
They all count as Reich, so they can.

What characters can pair with the army of the union?
All Union characters and mercenaries of course, Oksana and Natalya (if Oksana is part of the team as well). If you use the new rules concerning allied forces, you may basically use Union and Matriarchy characters in the same team.

Is initiative rolled every round?
Yes.

Is a round for a team or does is just go back and forth from character to character, cycling through the team each time the turn comes back to you?
Basically, it goes back and forth between the players, each activates one character that has not been activated during the current turn. So I activate character X, then you activate character Y, then I activate a character of my choice but not character X again, … When all characters have been activated, the turn ends and a new one starts. All characters are activated again, one after the other.

Thanks so much.
You're welcome.

#45 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

The token rings are "Gold" for heroes and "Silver" for troopers.

#46 Lots of Syrup

Lots of Syrup

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Oh so I just played my first game in Tannhauser. BTW awsome as is everything FF that I have played. so we ran into this Commado Alpha was on Overwatch and the other faction had a solider on overwatch that could see Alpha. A third solider activated in the same area as Alpha. Who attacks first Alpha or the person on Overwatch…aka can you overwatch and overwatch? Again this was my second day looking at the game so I may have completely missed the rule.

Thanks

Brandon

#47 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

As I understand it, both you and your opponent have a character on overwatch on the same path. So if one of your characters on that said path activates, your opponent's character on overwatch may attack. If on the other hand one of your opponent's characters activates, your character on overwatch may attack. And if your character on overwatch attacks, I don't think this attack will trigger an overwatch attack from the opposing character. The point is, a character on overwatch may interrupt the active character's activation, but a character on overwatch is not the active character.

#48 palim17

palim17

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I agree.. I believe that you forgo a "classic" activation when you elect to go on overwatch. If you execute an overwatch attack,it is just that (i.e use of overwatch potential) and is not classified as an activation.  Therefore, that character is not subject to a counter overwatch attack since that character did not "activate".

My first foray into Tannhauser help..Hope it was useful! :)

-Matt-

p.s Miah.. Huge fan of the Tannhauser vids!! Please do some more!!!! :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS