Favorite character?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

We don't choose, we use single random draw, "you drew it, you play it." Basically once a character is used, he is set aside so the available pool gets smaller and smaller until all the characters have been in a game, then the pool is back to full.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#122 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

The Vampiress is much stronger than you have her down as!

Ell.

#123 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

It is odd that she is the only 3/3 character at the bottom (none even in low tier), but that's the stats + impression I've gotten from her. To me, she is basically a 3/3 Sorceress with an improved Follower stealing minus beguiling. 3/3 doesn't really help her in terms of her psychic combat attack ability, gimme 2/4 or 2/5 (Wizard) for that. No spell access, only really left with healing abilities, which might keep her alive, but don't help her get kills.

Even the nerfed Assassin we use (as per 2nd edition ability) beats her by a mile, as he does beat the often complained about Prophetess, who barely cracks mid tier around here.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#124 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Too many favorites. Ah, I love them all.(currently own base+Reaper+Bloodmoon) Except the Sage. :/

I just don't like  this constant deck peeking of his.

#125 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

With that said, we had one of the funnest games with him. Starting out with the Sage(my buddy) against the Sorceress.

The Sorceress starts with the Lycanthrope spell. (Curse of the Werewolf, I think it;s called)Then gets another spell by rolling 6 at the City( Divination)

The Sage trips me with an Angel, by rerolling his die for movement and moving to a non-draw Space.

I cast Divination. the cards that come up are Demon,Prophecy,  Black Cat, Peasant Mob, and The Bear

The Sage keeps eluding the draw spaces by travelling to  corner tiles and other non-draw spaces, re-rolling as he rolls.Using fate to mock me.

I get tripped by the demon. Down to 2 lives

I cast  the Lycanthrope spell, then land on the Phantom left prior by the Sage. Ask him for a spell(yea, I know not the most optimal move, but I just wanted to see some of the new spells that were added to the decks. Got the old Teleport though)

Druid draws Prophecy and has to draw another card(Black cat: his luck has run out: he loses all his fate)

My Sorceress celebrates this event by getting drunk with the boys at the tavern, effectively missing her next turn.

The Sage peeks at the next card, and a feeling of dread befalls him, beads of sweat start collecting on his forehead.

He rolls: boundless hills and fields in each direction.. rerolls: same result. The black cat keeps peering at him intently.

The sage  hears the hollering of the mob approaching, torches and pitchforks at the ready.

Poor were-Sage!

Even if the Sorceress didn't spend that night at the inn,getting naughty with the guys,  she still had the teleport spell to stave off the mob for one turn.

#126 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

How strange that I can no longer edit the post.

I keep mixing up the Druid and Sage all the time(they kinda look alike). So the druid  didn't actually appear out of the blue in our game. Same old sage.

#127 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Thank you for that clarification!

Your games sound quite lively!

#128 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

zealot12 said:

How strange that I can no longer edit the post.

The edit button will disappear after a while.

#129 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Currently,  my favorite characters would be all the ones in the Dragon expansion. At first we thought they'd be overpowered, in comparison to the base ones and those in other expansions   but actually, they're not, and they're very fun to play.

We've only restricted the Conjurer's ability to summoning regular adventure cards. So no summoning from the Dragon deck for her. 

#130 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

The Gypsy has the most wins in our games.

I like the Sprite, but don't get her very often anymore with all the new expansions adding characters. When I have her people call her 7up and when she turns evil she's Diet Sprite :))

#131 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Me and my friends usually draw three cards (drawing one card for each player, then repeating two more times).

After some games, I usually select characters I haven't played as before.

But the most successful character has been the Dwarf, who has won every game that he's appeared in (4 so far).

A new strategy has been suggested - if someone is the Dwarf, confront that character in battle!

(Dwarf's chances depends on another player being the Chivalric Knight with higher strength, or the Dwarf turning good and another player is the Knight).

#132 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I like the Minstrel and the Valkyrie probably about the most

#133 Tolar

Tolar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

I hope this is not thread necromancy……. my favorite Characters : 1. Amazon   

2. Minstrel

3. Leprechaun

4. Cleric

5. Tinkerer

6. Minotuar

The Amazon's movement and ability to refight are just awesome. I think she is top tier. So far, out of 85 games played by my group she and the Dragon Rider are tied for the most victories with 7. I wish I had thought to keep a record of how frequently each Character gets played.

#134 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Our Game Club initially would retire characters once they were played thus giving every character a turn. We did this until we got down to just a handful of the weakest that none of us were excited to play! Since then we hand out 3 or 5 characters to each player from which you choose.

My favourite right now?

It would have to be the Tavern Maid. That might be the novelty of a new character and may change but I found her abilitlies to force pour a drink on opponenets to be MOST useful! She has certainly been a force to reckon with in our games.

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#135 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Tolar said:

I hope this is not thread necromancy……. my favorite Characters : 1. Amazon   

2. Minstrel

3. Leprechaun

4. Cleric

5. Tinkerer

6. Minotuar

The Amazon's movement and ability to refight are just awesome. I think she is top tier. So far, out of 85 games played by my group she and the Dragon Rider are tied for the most victories with 7. I wish I had thought to keep a record of how frequently each Character gets played.

I'm doing similar statistic, but I give winners points based on how many other players were in that game (easier to win with 1 opponent than with 4). So far I have 96 games recorded. In those, the most played characters are (in order): 

Dark Cultist (20), Assassin (17). Alchemist (14), Amazon (13), Conjurer (12), Warrior (12).

The best characters (winning most and hardest games) seem to be 1: Chivalric Knight, 2: Dragon Priestess, 3: Sprite, 4: Ogre Chieftain, and 5: Prophetess.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS