• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

Today, the 6th battle has been fought !

I have chose for the troll again, and my opponent for the dwarf. But somewhere earlier in the game.. the dwarf has only one life left and drew by bad luck the devil ! So his life has ended and the devil has a meal for the evening

Somewhat later, my troll stand together with the reaper on a space and i rolled a six. In my opponent's turn who has a new character called the elf, rolled a 1.. ( so he rolled at the end of his turn for the reaper and that was a six ! So the reaper came on my space. I rolled again( i have encountered the reaper already before and ended with dices with death) But this time i rolled a 1 !!

So the troll was also death. What a awesome game... ( 2 death characters earlier in the game) 

My second character became the Philosopher.

Everything goes good until i made a big mistake at the crown when we where fighting each other !

My Philosopher has also a wand but i forgot to use my twist of fate spell otherwise i could draw another spell card because it was my last spell.

Anyway... i could have won if i use the twist of fate and after that i could have drawn weakness etc. but i keep battling him and stole his armor again and again and he takes it back etc

It ended when both of us have only one life left. I completely forgot the meaning of the twist of fate, so i use one fate to re-roll the die in battle. bad luck. Then i use my last fate token for my armour after irolled a 3 etc. And it could not help me and i died at the crown.

Victory for the elf

The statisctics are as follows:

1: Assassin/ Wizard:  2 W/  0 lose

2 Prophetess:  1 W / 0 lose

3 Elf:  1 W/ 1 lose

4 Philosopher:  0 W  1 Lose ( 1 x mid game character)

5 Troll/ Dwarf   0 W / 2 Lose  ( both 1 midgame death)

6 Dark Cultist 0 W/ 2 Lose

#42 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

Today the 7th battle has been fought..

It was the swashbuckler vs the wizard !

I have played the swashbuckler and i have won the game in 2 1/2 hours !

It was the fastest game ever..( with a 7 trophy limit off course..)

The wizard died in the game, because the player did nog like him because of his bad luck... Mmm oke, he draws the warrior then.

But i have level up so fast in the dungeon. Unbelievable ! I have defeat a battle hulk and the goblin marouders with strength 5 together ( that is a total of strength 15 !

I have find so many objects in the dungeon, that my power grows to 13 strength ! there you go !

At the end, i defeated the Lord of darkness with strength 24 !!!

The lord of darkness has was 15 so i was teleported directly to the crown of command. It has take some turns to defeat the warrior with my command spell, but after all.. I won the game !

That's being said...

Here are the statistics again...

1 Assassin  2 W

2  Wizard 2 W 1 lose

3 Swashbuckler/ Prophetess 1 W

4 Elf 1W 1 Lose

5 Philosopher/ Warrior 1Lose

6 Dark Cultist/ Dwarf/ Troll  2 Lose

Maybe not so fair for the Wizard, but the player have give up with him and wanted him dead...)but  he is the one who won twice with him in earlier battles..) ( more chances for the swashbuckler then.

This conclude my statistics for today

#43 katana_one

katana_one

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Four games since I purchased the core game, here are the win/loss stats:

Assassin: 2/0

Ghoul: 0/2

Priest: 0/2

Warrior: 1/2

Dwarf: 0/2

Monk: 0/1

Wizard: 1/1

Sorceress: 0/2

Druid: 0/2

Troll: 0/1

Elf: 0/1

#44 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

After today's game I must say my favourite Character is definitely the Swashbuckler. I had so much fun playing with this Character that it compensated the obscene bad luck that made me lose also this game, which should have been mine because I finally played with no mistakes and recovered well from a visit of Mephistopheles in the Oasis, that made me lose both Holy Grail and Holy Lance.

Swashbuckler has so many options if you like to play bravely, drawing lots of cards in Field spaces. I also had the Fiend Slayer with me and Prophesy active... draw 4 cards in the Fields... Magic Stream, Druid Staff, Holy Grail and a Burrow Worm that made me gain a new Turn... exciting, this is one of the most entertaining Characters I've played so far and with FFG edition is simply a pleasure to wander around, even if you lose to a widely imbalanced Assassin killing machine.

#45 vandimar77

vandimar77

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

I rather like the knight to be honest. Think it's because of the rather handy up to +2 preying bonus.

#46 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

The_Warlock said:

After today's game I must say my favourite Character is definitely the Swashbuckler. I had so much fun playing with this Character that it compensated the obscene bad luck that made me lose also this game, which should have been mine because I finally played with no mistakes and recovered well from a visit of Mephistopheles in the Oasis, that made me lose both Holy Grail and Holy Lance.

Swashbuckler has so many options if you like to play bravely, drawing lots of cards in Field spaces. I also had the Fiend Slayer with me and Prophesy active... draw 4 cards in the Fields... Magic Stream, Druid Staff, Holy Grail and a Burrow Worm that made me gain a new Turn... exciting, this is one of the most entertaining Characters I've played so far and with FFG edition is simply a pleasure to wander around, even if you lose to a widely imbalanced Assassin killing machine.

wait a minute..

Prophesy and fiendslayer do not stack..

They have the same text..

#47 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

vandimar77 said:

I rather like the knight to be honest. Think it's because of the rather handy up to +2 preying bonus.

Yeah, i think i will also like that.

Praying at chapel to get spell cards, and at temple to get the strength or craft counters:)

Good balance and starting with armour too.

I still want to try him out..

#48 wastedyuthe

wastedyuthe

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Velhart said:

vandimar77 said:

Yeah, i think i will also like that.

Praying at chapel to get spell cards, and at temple to get the strength or craft counters:)

Good balance and starting with armour too.

I still want to try him out..

I did like playing the Knight.  Plus, he won against the Assassin, which is a VERY good thing indeed- vengeance was mine! 

#49 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

Today,. the 8th battle has been fought.

It was my Elf vs the Druid..

We where equal at the beginning of the game, when we have gain some level ups. I drew poltergeist, but i have get rid of him fast.

I have tried to enter the dungeon, but the elf has lost many lives everytime, and when i have only 2 lives left, i was running away to the chapel to try to heal my lives...

I have repeat this some times, but my elf have not get his chance to stay in the dungeon for long...( so his level ups did not go so fast..

I have  take Warlock card in the middle region to try to get a Talisman.. ( i wish i never did..( i drew a card to discard a follower, and the Elf did not have any followers ! ( he have not draw, or buy any mules in the game !, due because he has no money or the opponent  drew them..

Finally i drew the Princess, who i have give to the Warlock ( discard) to gain that Talisman... ( but when i did that, i have drew already a Talisman on the main board damn ! What a bad choice i have made to go to the Warlock !

After that, the Druid use his horse to run through the dungeon with a lot a strength and craft and defeated the LOD with strength 24 !!

So he landed on the Crown, and i could do nothing about him because i was not strong enough to face him..

I have not give up so easily, and it has take him more than 10 turns to get me down, when he was on the crown.( even if he has 6 fate !!!

But  i stood no chance against him, when i was on the outer region, between the chapel and city, to get many lives there ( i drew a pool of live too !)

So the Druid won the game, and he has earn it will all respect !

The statistics are as follows:

1 Assassin 2W

2 Wizard 2W 1 Lose

3 Swashbuckler/ Prophetess/Druid  1 W

4 Elf 1W 2 Lose

5 Philosopher/ Warrior 1 Lose

6 Dark Cultist/ Dwarf/ Troll 2 Lose

This concluded my statistics for today

#50 black knight

black knight

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:29 AM

ilgoga said:

darkkami said:

We always just give them out random, Talisman is all about randomness so I think it's in the spirit of the game to be ahead or behind even before you begin :)

I totally agree, its not as much fun when all players choose prophetess, assasin and dwarf everytime. After all, the game depends more of tactics, lucky dices and which adv.cards you draw... We get three character cards and must choose one of them - without knowing which the other players have chosed!

I am a big fan of warrior and draogon rider!!

#51 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

black knight said:

I also like to see the Dragon Rider back, but then must FFG make more dragons for the main deck.

Maybe for a upcoming Dragon expansion in the future..

#52 lucky roller

lucky roller

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

Velhart said:

black knight said:

I also like to see the Dragon Rider back, but then must FFG make more dragons for the main deck.

There was the dragon slayer and dragon priest but what was the most powerful of the dragon characters?

#53 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

lucky roller said:

Velhart said:

black knight said:

There was the dragon slayer and dragon priest but what was the most powerful of the dragon characters?

I don't know what the Dragon Slayer does. I don't have the third edition right here..

And the Dragon Priest is from Second edition..

But the Dragon Rider gets a +3 in battle if he has a dragon as a follower

#54 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Philosopher fails in his quest to emulate the Sorceress, as he wins today, by the skin of his teeth though. Swashbuckler got unlucky at the end, but with first turn Dark Denizens, then Swashbuckler drawing Gauntlets of Might on his first turn, he was getting a lot of Str-trophies and extra turns. Of course, the third char was the Thief, who got Flying Carpet, so no lack of character interaction. Luckily for the Swashbuckler, he drew Concealed Pouch before the Thief managed to steal the Gauntlets. Philosopher lost about 3-4 Gold early, as the Thief just kept landing on him and the Phil kept getting Gold. Swashbuckler finally hit the Inner Region after killing Lord of the Pit and bumping his Str to 14. Despite rolling 10 on the first turn and 11 on the second turn, he only passed Dice with Death on the third go (Death rolled 11 both times)! Then suddenly the Philosopher arrives on the Inner Region, next turn, Transference. Command Spell finally kills the Swashbuckler at Valley of Fire, or else Philosopher loses.

Despite a poor record (plenty of bad luck which probably won't last forever), Swashbuckler does seem borderline too powerful. He always gets a ton of extra turns and also draws a lot more cards than others. Tavern has a 1/3 shot of getting him an extra turn (roll of 1 or 2).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#55 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

Posted on BGG as well, updated my Stats, but in case some here don't read BGG.

15 games with the Dungeon done now. In order to get the Dungeon characters some more plays, first 10 games were 2 from Dungeon, 1 from the rest, which got each of the Dungeon chars to 4 appearances. Next 5 have been 1 from Dungeon, 2 from the rest.

G/W/L/D/R
 5/2/3/1/0     Amazon
10/2/8/1/1    Assassin
10/4/6/1/3*  Dark Cultist
10/2/8/1/3   Druid
10/3/7/2/1   Dwarf
10/2/8/2/1   Elf
 9/1/8/2/2    Ghoul
 5/2/3/1/0    Gladiator
 5/3/2/0/0    Gypsy
10/3/7/1/1   Knight
 9/2/7/1/1    Merchant
10/1/9/3/3   Minstrel
10/3/7/1/0   Monk
 5/1/4/2/0    Philosopher
10/1/9/3/3   Priest
10/3/7/1/2   Prophetess
10/5/5/1/1*  Sage
10/0/10/5/3 Sorceress
 5/1/4/1/0     Swashbuckler
10/3/7/0/1    Thief
10/5/5/1/4*   Troll
10/3/7/2/5** Warrior
10/4/6/4/2*   Wizard

G: # of games character has been in

W: won game, last char standing, naturally

L: involved in a game, lost

This is regardless of how many turns a character got to play, if char X was in the game and didn't win (maybe he died mid-game), marked for a loss. Naturally, this makes it harder for chars to have a winning record as each game will only have 1 win, but 2+ losses.

D: mid-game death, so died before anyone reached the Crown of Command

R: mid-game replacement, drawn because a mid-game death occurred

*: character won as mid-game replacement
(Yes, Warrior has won twice as a mid-game replacement, but also, half his appearances are mid-game ones)

Reaper kills: 9 (Amazon, Druid, Elf, Prophetess, Sorceress, Troll, Warrior 2, Wizard)

Toad: 9 (Dwarf*, Gladiator, Gypsy*, Knight 2, Priest, Sage*, Swashbuckler, Thief)
* = won despite getting Toaded
(Knight was Toaded twice in the same game)

Lord of Darkness fought 7 times (in order they happened):

Philosopher (Finger of Death, just for the Treasure)
Gladiator (won battle by 1, despite going in with a 5-point advantage)
Elf (won battle by 10)
Dark Cultist (won battle by 13)
Gladiator (won battle by 5, going in with 5-point advantage)
Dwarf (won battle by 5, going in with a 5-point advantage)
Amazon (won battle by 5, going in with a 4-point advantage)

Early days yet, but thoughts on the Dungeon characters so far:

Amazon: Just as the Dwarf is the best pure rusher, Amazon is the Queen B of PvP. With her movement and combat ability, she can really make life difficult for people. Oh, the 'B' in her case stands for Bully. When Amazon has an advantage in battle, you have to constantly keep an eye out for her, if you're within 6 spaces, she can swoop in. Like the Thief, she adds tension to the game, but unlike the Thief, hers comes in more lethal fashion. Of course, if your group isn't into PvP, she can still attack Enemies with almost laser-guided precision.

Gladiator: He's been unlucky. Really, he should/could have a 4-1 record, but I think his first game jinxed him for the next two, as in both he failed to get past Dice with Death. Gladiator can gain Strength like nobody's business. "Useless" Followers like Prince, Princess, Guide, etc. suddenly are worthwhile. Gladiator + Mule-army is a terrifying prospect. Followers lead to battle Strength which leads to trophies, which leads to even more Strength. Here are things the Gladiator doesn't want to see in the game: Hag, Mesmerism, being Toaded, Dungeon Keeper, Sorceress. Also, if he focuses on Strength, he is vulnerable in psychic combat, if you have the ability to attack him that way. But the Gladiator is a tough customer, no doubt.

Gypsy: Whoah, nelly! A total sleeper hit. Winning record after 5 games (though this will probably balance out as things progress). Ability to ignore Events is nice, means she doesn't lose turns, no worry about Raiders, Horse Thief, Whirlwind, etc. With Gypsy in the game, you have to really think about Spell use. Do I cast this Spell, as the Gypsy will then get it? Unless she has her Craft allowance of Spells or is a Toad, any Spell you cast can come back at you. Transference is a game-winner, but against the Gypsy, your joy will be shortlived, unless you're packing Counter Spell.

Philosopher: Hmm, not much to say about him really, he does seem to lack a hook, so to speak. His ability to remove a faceup Adventure card can be useful for removing Places and causing general annoyance to people. And, yes, the rulebook refers to the Philosopher as male, though I'm still not convinced. At any rate, he is one half of the Talisman Metro-squad, the other half of course being the Minstrel  !

Swashbuckler: His poor record is a bit misleading I think. His abilities are very nice, though extra draw can backfire, as it did in his most recent appearance, first turn, move to Fields, draw 2, Giant + Goblin (Str 8), few turns later Fields again, Crone + Demon (Craft 11 + Toaded)! In a normal game, he can easily get 10, 20, even more extra turns by winning battles. If he can get some Strength, Tavern has 1/3 shot of an extra turn, picking on weaker characters gets reward + extra turn. I tend to hang around the Tavern corner, due to his ability, you also have a 1/3 shot of getting a Teleport to space of your choice (same odds for getting to the Middle Region as well), making it easier to land on Fields or attacking characters or faceup Adventure cards.

#56 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Today the 9de battle has been fought !

It was My Warlock vs The Warior

In the whole game, the evil Warlock has stayed in the middle region. I drew a goblin sapper, arcane archive, sorcerer shop etc

I have gain some craft at the temple, andi  have never lose a life at the desert.

I have also complete a warlock quest to receive a water bottle with his ability.

The warrior gains some level ups in the outer region, and somewhat later, he use the winged boots, to cross the river.

In the meantime, the evil warlock has lost some lives due to some enemies, who use a combine attack at the hidden valley and from a Griffon in the desert. It has take me a lot of turns, for trying to land on the castle of healing .

On that moment, the warrior has already use his horse, and was rampaging through dungeon.

I knew what was going on, so i have walk my way into the portal of power,to the Plains of Peril.

By the time, that i have visit the Vampire's tower, There was a huge battle going on, between the Warrior and the Lord of Darkness

With a attack power of 23, he has defeat the Lord of the Darkness, and found the Totem staff. A valuable artifact.

After taking a look at the rare object, he steps into the mirror of the treasure chamber, and lands on the endspace, where the Ice Queen is waiting.

Because the warior has land there, he has fight the Ice queen immediately, and with a attack power of 23, he did not even have to roll a die.

The Warrior won the game, while the warlock was visiting he vampires

Game time: 4 a 5 hours

the statistics are as follows:

1: Assassin   2 W

2: Wizard   2W/ 1 lose 

3: Swashbuckler, Prophetess, Druid,    1 W

4: Warrior 1W/ 1 Lose

5:  Elf 1 W/ 2 Lose

6: Philosopher/ Warlock,  1 Lose

7: Dark Cultist, Troll, Dwerg,  2 Lose

#57 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

Might as well bump this, having posted updated stats on BGG.

Collected from 88 games (all with Reaper expansion). 47 of the games have had Dungeon expansion used and 22 with Frostmarch. So 22 games have been played with all current expansions available.

G/W/L/D/M
10/3/7/2/0    Amazon
14/3/11/3/2  Assassin
13/4/9/2/5*   Dark Cultist
13/2/11/2/4  Druid
14/4/10/2/3  Dwarf
14/4/10/2/1  Elf
13/2/11/4/2  Ghoul
9/4/5/1/0       Gladiator
10/5/5/1/0    Gypsy
14/3/11/2/4  Knight
7/0/7/5/0       Leprechaun
14/4/10/3/2  Merchant
14/1/13/3/3  Minstrel
14/4/10/1/2  Monk
7/3/4/2/0       Necromancer
7/5/2/0/0      Ogre Chieftain
10/2/8/3/2    Philosopher
13/1/12/3/3  Priest
14/3/11/1/5  Prophetess
14/7/7/2/2*  Sage
14/2/12/5/4  Sorceress
10/2/8/3/1    Swashbuckler
14/3/11/1/3  Thief
14/6/8/2/4*   Troll
7/4/3/1/0       Warlock
14/3/11/2/7** Warrior
13/4/9/4/3*   Wizard

G: # of games character has been in

W: won game, last char standing, naturally

L: involved in a game, lost

This is regardless of how many turns a character got to play, if char X was in the game and didn't win (maybe he died mid-game), marked for a loss. Naturally, this makes it harder for chars to have a winning record as each game will only have 1 win, but 2+ losses.

D: mid-game death, so died before anyone reached the Crown of Command

R: mid-game replacement, drawn because a mid-game death occurred

*: character won as mid-game replacement
(Yes, Warrior has won twice as a mid-game replacement, but also, half his appearances are mid-game ones)

Reaper kills: 14 (Amazon, Druid, Elf, Leprechaun 3, Prophetess, Swashbuckler, Sorceress, Troll 2, Warrior 2, Wizard)

Toad: 18 (Druid, Dwarf*, Ghoul, Gladiator 2*, Gypsy*, Knight 2, Minstrel 3, Nercomancer 2*, Philosopher, Priest, Sage*, Swashbuckler, Thief)
* = won despite getting Toaded; Gladiator and Necromancer won one of their Toad-games
(Knight and Minstrel have been Toaded twice in one game)

Lord of Darkness fought 16 times:

Philosopher (Finger of Death, just for the Treasure)
Gladiator (won battle by 1, despite going in with a 5-point advantage)
Elf (won battle by 10)
Dark Cultist (won battle by 13)
Gladiator (won battle by 5, going in with 5-point advantage)
Dwarf (won battle by 5, going in with a 5-point advantage)
Amazon (won battle by 5, going in with a 4-point advantage)
Gladiator (won battle by 14, going in with a 13-point advantage)
Amazon (won battle by 8, going in with a 10-point advantage)
Thief (won battle by 7, going in with a 7-point advantage)
Ogre Chieftain (won battle by 10, going in with a 13-point advantage)
Minstrel (won battle by 7, going in with a 7-point advantage)
Ogre Chieftain (won battle by 13, going in with a 10-point advantage)
Necromancer (won psychic combat by 16, going in with a 13-point advantage)
Thief (won battle by 4, going in with a 3-point advantage)
Troll (won battle by 14, going in with a 14-point advantage)

Frostmarch characters:

Leprechaun: Kenny of Talisman . Current holder of the worst character title and he's already been killed more times by the Reaper than characters that have been in twice as many games! His main contribution to games is to add 10-20+ Gold to the game, but sadly, Gold is the most useless commodity in the game. He has even gotten his most wanted cards (Mercenary and Academy) in his games (Academy once in Woods!) and still hasn't won. His Teleport ability appears nice, except most of the time, one space is the same as another, especially on the Outer Region. On the Middle Region, Temple-spamming is an option, though it has actually killed him once. Teleporting (via Magic Carpet) is something worthwhile when the character's special abilities are PvP-oriented (Assassin, Thief, Sorceress, etc.). For the Leprechaun, it's more of a gimmick.

Necromancer & Ogre Chieftain: Joining these two, as they can do a certain thing better than any other characters. First, the other points about these two. One is a standard Evil 2/4 char, so can attack via psychic combat, the other is a weaker (Str 5) Troll. What sets these two apart is their Follower-related ability, especially when combined with the Dungeon. Either of these two can collect Followers, hit the Dungeon (or even collect them there), reach the Treasure Chamber, cashing in 15+ points in Followers and absolutely annihilate the Lord of Darkness. I've seen the OC reach the Crown of Command in 25 minutes this way and he still had his starting stats for pete's sake! I don't know why these two got the ability to use and and all of their Followers in a single combat, it makes the Ghoul and Minstrel's single Follower abilities look pathetic.

But there has been a noticeable power creep with each expansion. Base has 1 top-level char (Troll), Reaper also 1 (Sage), Dungeon 2 (Gladiator and Gypsy) and Frostmarch 3 (all but Leprechaun). Which I suppose is as good a segway as any for the final character.

Warlock: This guy is an absolute nutter! His stats are slightly misleading, he once died against a Basilisk, a monster you can do nothing about, just hope it doesn't roll doubles (if Basilisk rolls doubles -> you're dead). Last time out, he had insanely hard Warlock Quests (that ending was in use) but was still in with a shout. For starters, he starts on the Middle Region! No other character in any Talisman before has been allowed to start there AFAIK. Since the Warlock only has Str 2, taking him out early via PvP would be an option, except he can hang around the Middle Region, avoiding the people on the Outer Region. Middle Region also has the Temple for immediate stat gain possiblities. Additionally, he is the god of spell-cycling, get him +1 Craft and he can draw and cast 3 Spells on each of his turns. I've seen him single-handedly cycle 40-45 Spells for the 90 card deck. One character the Warlock truly fears is the Gypsy, whose ability makes his spell-cycling a lot more risky, since the Gypsy can take any Spell another char discards (if she wants to and isn't at limit). Only thing missing from the Warlock's ascension to godhood is the ability to attack via psychic combat. But even without it, he's pretty ridiculous.

Still, this is Talisman, where anything can and tends to happen, so no character is an auto-win. No doubt the Leprechaun will one day win around here.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/402911/my-talisman-statistics

#58 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Today the 10th  battle has been fought..

It was my Monk vs the Dwarf..

I have actually not much useful to report.. but i have not use the Monk very effective in the game.

I was moving forwards and backwards in the outer region and also in the dungeon for some time, but after losing some lives, i fled to the chapel again..

Funny enough, i was down to 1 life, soon after i was teleported to a rune space with a Rune Gate.

On top of that, i drew the blizard too, but after i keep myself alive, i landed safely on the chapel etc.

We have play with the Warlock quests for the first time and i really like that ending:D 

The dwarf had a bad start at the beginning after rolling 4 or 5 x a six, and my opponent was getting tired of it, by landing everytime on the chapel, village or city.

But later in the game, he drew a lot of enemies in the dungeon and was getting a lot of level ups.

When he beat the Crypt keeper, he landed on the warlock cave, and accepted and completed the 4th  quest at the same moment.

After that, he was running to the portal and through the inner region..

There was no choice for me to win... at that moment..

Game time:  3 hours and 45 min.. ( we drew 93 adventure&Dungeon cards)  ( 7 trophy limit )

1: Assassin 2 W

2: Wizard 2W/ 1 lose

3: Swashbuckler, Prophetess, Druid, 1 W

4: Warrior 1W/ 1 Lose

5: Elf, Dwarf 1 W/ 2 Lose

6: Philosopher/ Warlock, Monk, 1 Lose

7: Dark Cultist, Troll, 2 Lose

#59 BlackDogSilver

BlackDogSilver

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

I played 3rd edition years ago. Random was always the rule. The only twist was that you could redraw if you didnt want to play the opposite sex.

4rth edition and expansions are ordered and on the way. Looking forward to continuing Random style but letting my son pick any character he wants first.

BDS

#60 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

We fought yesterday our 11th  battle.

It was the druid vs the warlock

Earlier in the game, we drew all the three fountains, and the warlock has steal most of those strength and craft tokens.

He became very strong and could defeat the dragons on the board easily.

My druid was falling behind and i could only hope to draw some less powerful enemies, to level up a bit.

But the warlock receive later in the game a warlock quest, and he could not land on the black knight.

That gave me time to come back and as soon i have reach strength 8 and craft 11, i run towards the inner region before the warlock decide to go in there.

When i was in there, the warlock was following me behind, and i was moving forth ,and reach the Ice Queen.

It was a climactic battle, and with some luck, i remove 3 lifes from the Queen, but i could not remove her last live, and the warlock was coming after me, and kills the Ice queen before my eyes. The Bastard

_________

The Druid is a handy character that can easily replenish fate and get benefits from cards, but i rather play with strength based characters i think..

1: Assassin 2 W

2: Wizard 2W/ 1 lose

3: Swashbuckler, Prophetess, 1 W

4: Warrior, Druid, Warlock 1W/ 1 Lose

5: Elf, Dwarf 1 W/ 2 Lose

6: Philosopher, Monk, 1 Lose

7: Dark Cultist, Troll, 2 Lose

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS