Dust Warfare - Force Builder now available

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey Maine, can I post a link to this on the BoLs Dust forum?

#42 Wanted:Cortez

Wanted:Cortez

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

THREE CHEERS FOR MAINE!

HIP, HIP HOORAY!

HIP, HIP HOORAY!

HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

#43 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

BDub said:

Hey Maine, can I post a link to this on the BoLs Dust forum?

Yes, please share it around freely!

On another note, I had a game of DW last night which ran long so i didn't get much time to work on the builder; I've got fixes pending deployment for the Platoon Upgrades with special platoons, and Extra Panzer Support limiting the panzer to a select list.  I'm working on much better warning feedback for duplicate heros and excess heroes (orange /! icon in the point column with a hover-over tooltip describing the problem).

You guys may appreciate this: In my game last night, I had Ozz 117 behind a Sturmkonig, but Ozz had already taken 3 damage.  I hit the Sturmkonig with a Long Tom, and set it on fire; I was the Reacting player, so my opponent backed up the flaming Sturmkonig over Ozz, causing a Spray/1 against Ozz… and successfully damaging him.  Ozz rolled 1,1,2 on his armor rolls… and died a flaming death :-(

#44 AELFWINE

AELFWINE

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Awesome move on your opponents part.

#45 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Maine said:

Yes, please share it around freely!

On another note, I had a game of DW last night which ran long so i didn't get much time to work on the builder; I've got fixes pending deployment for the Platoon Upgrades with special platoons, and Extra Panzer Support limiting the panzer to a select list.  I'm working on much better warning feedback for duplicate heros and excess heroes (orange /! icon in the point column with a hover-over tooltip describing the problem).

You guys may appreciate this: In my game last night, I had Ozz 117 behind a Sturmkonig, but Ozz had already taken 3 damage.  I hit the Sturmkonig with a Long Tom, and set it on fire; I was the Reacting player, so my opponent backed up the flaming Sturmkonig over Ozz, causing a Spray/1 against Ozz… and successfully damaging him.  Ozz rolled 1,1,2 on his armor rolls… and died a flaming death :-(

Great, I'll post this afternoon and let people know to look for updates. (a last updated date/version no. on the App would be helpful there.)

I love flaming tank over-runs!

#46 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

I already posted on BoLS, but thanks :-).

I'll be adding a version number and most recent update with the next build.

#47 adlerhobby

adlerhobby

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Great stuff I posted at the NEAT-43 yahoo group feel free to sign up if you like

#48 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hey Maine,  It just occurred to me as I was building/exporting lists that it would be nice to have an optional "name" field that I can fill out so that my exported lists can have unique name as a header of sorts.

Thanks,

-B

#49 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

BDub said:

Hey Maine,  It just occurred to me as I was building/exporting lists that it would be nice to have an optional "name" field that I can fill out so that my exported lists can have unique name as a header of sorts.

Thanks,

-B

Seconded!  

#50 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Shadow4ce said:

BDub said:

Thanks,

-B

Seconded!  

I posted revision 3 last night, and now maintain a changelog and 'features under consideration' list, linked at the top of the page.

I'll be adding a 'Title' and 'Notes' section for the army, and a per-platoon 'Label'.  These will be output only if set.

How do you folks feel about the "Dust Warfare - Force Builder" header on exports?

With the new warning reporting in place, I'm tempted to remove the limitation on adding heroes/platoons/supports, to allow for easier tweaking, and leave it up to the user to 'clear the warnings' to produce a valid list.

#51 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Revision 4 is up.

• Improved warning feedback
  • Force-level notes and platoon names/labels
  • Checkbox to disable the platoon and hero limit

#52 Zinger5656

Zinger5656

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

Nice!  Well done!

#53 AELFWINE

AELFWINE

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

It is amazing how fast the suggestions for this all came together. I wish development in my firm were so responsive. 

#54 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm using ie9 and when i try to export all i get is another blank window opening but when i use Firefox it works fine.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#55 madmaxknick50

madmaxknick50

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Thanks again for a great utility ….. My file of force lists just keeps growing.

#56 Cannor

Cannor

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

This really is an excellent tool, Maine. Thanks for making Warfare players' lives a little bit easier!

The only suggestion I can think of at this point would be an HTML output option, with unique CSS classes. That way site owners and bloggers could paste a list into an article and use CSS to make it look the way they want it to.

#57 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

BigDogg said:

I'm using ie9 and when i try to export all i get is another blank window opening but when i use Firefox it works fine.

I've tested with IE9 and it works fine for me.  Can you please try force-refeshing, and see if there are any javascript errors reported.

#58 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Cannor said:

This really is an excellent tool, Maine. Thanks for making Warfare players' lives a little bit easier!

The only suggestion I can think of at this point would be an HTML output option, with unique CSS classes. That way site owners and bloggers could paste a list into an article and use CSS to make it look the way they want it to.

HTML output is planned, but I'm no web designer, so my HTML/CSS-foo is weak.  To make anything useful I'd really need to collaborate with someone more experienced at such things.  I'm just using Twitter Bootstrap, and I'd say I spend 2/3s of my development efforts dealing with layout/html.

My next feature is a 'link' save, where you can just copy a link and it will have your army list encoded in it.

#59 tuisjx

tuisjx

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Maine thank you so much for this wonderful tool. Thank you thank you thank you.

#60 Cannor

Cannor

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

The tricky part is including enough classes to allow enough styling options, but not too many. Maybe these classes:

Enclosing container: .forcebuilder

Army title: .fb-title

Notes: .fb-notes

Faction: .fb-faction

Heroes list: .fb-heroes

Platoon container: .fb-platoon

Platoon name: .fb-platoon-name

Platoon upgrade: .fb-platoon-upgrade

Unit list: .fb-list

The HTML output might look something like this.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS