Photo

Would you guys like a Computer game version of TI?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 tHEkROGE

tHEkROGE

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

I just wanted to chime in again and let everyone know that this is still progressing, but we did a lot of re-skinning and re-branding which takes time.  To clear up some very vital points:

1.) We are going into closed alpha testing in 1 month's time (woot!)

2.) It will not be an exact replica of TI for obvious reasons (hence the reskinning, etc).  That being said, the entire reason we started working on this game was because we love TI and 4x games, so the overall gameplay and premise has remained completely intact.

3.) There will be a "long game" and a "short game".  The biggest problem with MOO2 and games like it is that it is very hard to find people willing to actually finish a game.  We've adjusted some of the rules in a way that TI players will find intuitive in order to have the game finish in one sitting.  

4.) The game will have a very low price point.  Our goal is to get the game into the hands of as many players as possible so that matchmaking is alive and well.

5.) We have a website that will be launched in a few weeks where you can receive active updates on the state of the game, follow developer blogs, and participate in forum discussions.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.  Every person on our team is an avid TI3 player, so while there are a few mechanics we added and a few we removed, we believe that there are design decisions that work well for boardgames and others that work well for video games.  We weren't going to try to pound a circle into a square.  That being said, we are excited to get your input when the time comes, and we want to have enough time to alpha and beta test so that our playerbase can help us shape the end product.

I'll post back soon with details on our website and forums so we can hear your guys' thoughts!

#62 Wick

Wick

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I would like a videogame of TI just for the fact that I have trouble scrounging 2 more players to play regularly. Video games fill that niche for me, but if I have my preference I would play table top with friends even over playing games online against humans remotely . 

#63 Aruze

Aruze

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

I would pay $100 if only to be able to play Twilight Imperium over the internet in a  4-12 hour session as if playing a "Computer Game"

#64 SeedtimeEOYT

SeedtimeEOYT

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Likewise Aruze. I have only just discovered TI3 last year & I love it. However I live in Northern Scotland where board game players are extremely difficult to come by. Other than a couple of close friends I can't find other players. This probably means I will never get a 5 or 6 player game, hence playing games over the internet is awesome in order to compensate.

There seems to be a certain amount of hate for ios / pc / internet versions of board games, certainly from some hard core board gamers that I have spoken to at conferences. I have never really understood this. I would always rather sit at a table with my friends & physically play games (of course) & I suspect everyone else would to. However, as already discussed sometimes I can't get people to play, especially games that require a decent time commitment like TI3.

In my experience people who start playing ios / pc / internet versions of board games end up buying & playing the physical game itself also. I think any & all computer versions of board games should be supported & developed & there is obviously a market based upon the amount of people using programs like Vassal, OCTGN, etc.

Anyway, anyone making a computer version of TI3 (or most other Fantasy Flight games for that matter) has my support & would certainly also get my money!  :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS