• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

UPDATE

As promised, I have finished the reiwrite and editing of the case, The Haunting, and have uploaded it to the new site. The zip file contians the casebook and all handout and cards in pdf ready for printing. I took an additional day to do some more proofreading to catch any mistakes that may have still lingered…

Now, I am off to open some ancient and forbidden tomes to write the next casebook, The Dunwich Horror

Cheers,

Old Man Whateley

#22 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

I'm on it :)

And why do I keep getting this visual image in my head that you are sitting in an old office from the 20's pounding this stuff out on an manual typewriter…I can hear the clatter of the keys from time to time…and the occasional pause because you keep hearing something out in the darkened hall…

:)

(hehehe…just keeping the mood)

#23 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

UPDATE

I am feverishly ( or is it fiendishly) pouring over the new case book entitled, The Terrible House. It is shaping up to be a very good case book with a great deal of new material. Here is a sample of the first three pages of the new case book:

I wrote the casebook much in the style that I used for Dark Dreams of Dagon, so expect a good deal of atmosphere and lierary prose.

I also have begun to construct a number of props for my personal use while playing Arkham Horror/Arkham Investigations. I created a new page on the website for various props that I am constructed, along with design plans/templates for others to do so. The Arkham Horror PRops page can be found here : arkhaminvestigation.onlinewebshop.net/props.html 

For now, I have uploaded my new Eldritch Dice Tower and the pdf needed to build your own. Here is an image of the tower:

Cheers, Old Man Whateley

#24 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

UPDATE

I have continued my ferverish delving into certain unspeakable of forbidden tombs and managed to find some more great props for use in Arkham Horror/Arkham Investigations. Vist the Props page of the Arkham Investigation site for more details.

The first is a great Investigator play mat to better organize your cards and tokens.

The second are three printable pdfs for constructing tuck boxes for easy storage of your Arkham Horror components such as cards and markers. Each tuck box is full, high-quality color.

#25 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

very nice, keep it coming ! 

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#26 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

amikezor said:

very nice, keep it coming ! 

Thanks amikezor! In addition to writing the latest casebook, I have decided to fully prop my own Arkham Horror game. I absolutely love the Eldritch Dice Tower, and it looks wonderful next to the board! As I find other great props on the internet, I shall add them to the web site. 

Cheers, Old Man Whateley

#27 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Looking good man.

Now if I can just shake this bug and feel like pounding the keyboard I got a lot of catching up to do :)

#28 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hey OldManWhately.  If you are willing to host peoples' custom content on the website, would you kindly put mine up, too?  It's called Dark Corners of the Earth and all the material is found on BBG here: javascript:void(0);/*1343705410387*/

#29 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'll be putting up a mirror for DARK CORNERS as well, Musha…just have to finish a few web pages and pay my domain name renewals.

And yes, still here guys…I have had the worst luck this year at 'chasing ghosts' I believe the wife calls it…

First I'm running all over the place tracking down AH custom content then I switch over to put in a quick survey for the other journal I'm publishing and get mired in a mudhole over a game that has 6 versions 9 owners and none of them getting along (or so it would seem)…jeeeez…I really know how to pick'em.

Now I wait for tomorrow when a vote goes down on a sales tax to fund road projects and if it passes I might be dropping off the earth for awhile (our house is in the kill zone) due to packing down 10 years worth of clutter from our stay here. Ugh…

Anyway, good gaming everybody and yes I'm still collating notes for the first edition of DARKNESS OVER DUNWICH…the first edition will cover what I loosely term 'The Dark Pharaoh Campaign' covering all the material, commercial and custom, that is available.

Ok, must stop typing…fingers hurt…things are lurking in the corner…oh…wait…that's just my lack of sleep trying to sneak up on me…never mind… :)

#30 Brad Stallion

Brad Stallion

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hello,

this is my first post in Arkham forums, although I enjoy Arkham Horror since 2006.

First of all I want to thank OldManWhateley for his Arkham Investigations website and everyone who contributed to it!

A couple of questions:

- is there some news about casebooks? In this thread there are a couple cited that should be work in progress.

- any advice to print the custom material (cards, monsters, etc.)? Some good online print service?

Thanks again

Bye

#31 Brad Stallion

Brad Stallion

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

hello and happy new year!

is this thread dead?

any news?

#32 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

this thread dies and ressurects once a year ;-)

#33 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Ah, greeting all! I have away for some time (a year perhaps) due to illness, but I have slowly recovered and returned finally to the land of the living!

I have not forsaken my Arkahm Horror project - and have kept up the website - though there has been no new material posted since last summer. I was far too sick to be able to work on any material. However, I am about to post the finalized latest case book entitled, The Terrible House that I began last year. Also, I have the basics worked out for another case book to be begun next week.

In addition, I see some posts asking questions - please give me a few days to catch up and all will be answered!

#34 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hey OldManWhately.  If you are willing to host peoples' custom content on the website, would you kindly put mine up, too?  It's called Dark Corners of the Earth and all the material is found on BBG here: javascript:void(0);/*1343705410387*/

I can certainly do that! I will add them to the website, probably with a link to the BBG page where they may be downloaded.

Hello,

this is my first post in Arkham forums, although I enjoy Arkham Horror since 2006.

First of all I want to thank OldManWhateley for his Arkham Investigations website and everyone who contributed to it!

A couple of questions:

- is there some news about casebooks? In this thread there are a couple cited that should be work in progress.

- any advice to print the custom material (cards, monsters, etc.)? Some good online print service?

Thanks again

Bye

As I mentioned in my post above, I will be finishing The Terrible House and should have it posted within a week. I have not had the pleasure of playtesting it, so please let me know of any mistakes found.

After posting The Terrible House, I am going to begin a new case book called Escape from Innsmouth. I already have the notes for writing the case book and hope to have it completed very soon.

As far as printing custom materials, I suggest using card stock paper and a good pc printer.

Edited by OldManWhateley, 23 July 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#35 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

UPDATE:

As I promised Musha Shukou, I have added his wonderful Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth expansion pack. The link to the files may be found here: http://arkhaminvesti...expansions.html

#36 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

I am very close to finishing the new case book, The Terrible House. I hope to play test it right away, but will post it on the website straight off. Once it is posted and someone plays it, I would very much like feedback as tho mistakes and errors so that I can post a revision!

Edited by OldManWhateley, 27 July 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#37 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

On the Links page of my Arkham Horror site, is the link to a French page called La Page des Créations which can be found here: http://wiki.horreura...e_des_Créations

At the bottom of the page are two case books written, of course, in French. I am trying to translate one of them, called L'Appel du Vide written by amikezor. The other is entitled, Dans l'Abîme du Temps (aut. BukarooB). I would very much like any help in translating these so that I may post them - with the completion of The Terrible House and the translation of these two case books, that would bring the number of case books to a solid seven in all!

#38 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I have wanted to use some sort of campaign rules for Arkham Investigations for some time. I did find a set of campaign rules over on BBG for use in Arkham Horror - so I modified them a bit for use with case books and posted it today on the Expansions page of the website: http://arkhaminvesti...expansions.html

#39 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

At the bottom of the page are two case books written, of course, in French. I am trying to translate one of them, called L'Appel du Vide written by amikezor. 

Maybe, I can help :-)

#40 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

At the bottom of the page are two case books written, of course, in French. I am trying to translate one of them, called L'Appel du Vide written by amikezor. 

Maybe, I can help :-)

That would be great, Amikezor! My French is terrible and using Google translate only butchers it further :)

I am have great news too! I finished the new case book, The Terrible House; all I need to do now is to transfer it over to pdf and proof-read before posting it on the website. I cannot yet play-test the case book yet (as I lost my group of players while I fell sick), so I am hoping to be able to catch any mistakes simply by reading. I hope to have the case book posted by tomorrow!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS