Markus alternate model

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

I have had a really hard time finding Markus. The campaign box has been sold out where I normally buy and buying campaign boxes online get a little too pricey after factoring in shipping on such a large box. So I have ordered this model (I had a gift certicate for a site from winning a contest for reviewing other purchases, yippee, which got me this model for free). What do you guys think? It should be here soon and I plan to remove the gun from the right hand and put a spiked ball on there to make it a blut kreuz looking hand.

#2 Craig in NH

Craig in NH

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

Looks just about perfect to me!

~Craig

#3 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

Pretty cool, Strombole. Pretty cool. 

The only other alternative proxy I've seen which looks as good it AT-43's Mentor Freezer hero model. 

#4 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

I would say this is an even better proxy then the AT-43 one. Do you know if the size/ scale is correct cause in the photo he looks freaking huge!

Also it looks like h is solid Resin which is annoying as hell to work with in my opinion be really careful removing that gun hand I have had a few resin models crack in half when I was trying to remove bits from them. Not sure why maybe I am just to manly with my hack saw and snips!

#5 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Denied said:

I would say this is an even better proxy then the AT-43 one. Do you know if the size/ scale is correct cause in the photo he looks freaking huge!

Also it looks like h is solid Resin which is annoying as hell to work with in my opinion be really careful removing that gun hand I have had a few resin models crack in half when I was trying to remove bits from them. Not sure why maybe I am just to manly with my hack saw and snips!

Here is the external link to that mini.

It is lead mini, It might also be available in pewter.

Lead is soft and easy to work with. Just wash your hands after filing and don't eat it.

#6 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

Here is another possibility for Markus.

The gorilla is aparently on a 40mm base.

#7 Hubminator

Hubminator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Got that ape mini,it's Ape X by reaper, comes with two other alternate hands instead of the gatling gun, a large metal ball and a drill, it is maybe about 10-20mm taller than the dust apes, but not excessively bigger. I've made custom stats for it with a gatling gun and am looking forward to using it as fire supprt for my dust apes, this mini is also pretty cool:

http://www.westwindp...roducts_id=1590

Love the Bushido one, thanks for the link! :)

#8 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ok, so I have my Ape X Markus alternate finished (well I have a little bit of touching up to do and to clean up some of the lines and fix up the left eye a little bit but the bulk of the work is done). The model is pretty big but a combination of him standing straight up at full height and the fact that Markus could easily be just plain bigger than the other gorillas which is part of what would make him a leader (brains could only go so far… these are crazy monkies in the end) could attest for the slight discrepancy in size. I think the model looks really cool and suits the look well enough. What do you guys think?

#9 Sir Lipton Ice tea

Sir Lipton Ice tea

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

i hope we will get sometimes an hero pack mk2 with markus,angela and munfres, as for a dust warfare only player campaign boxes are too expensive.

#10 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

The campaign box for Angela is actually very worth the price. While I could care less about the Chef, Angela is an outstanding hero. It is the nicest of the female sculpts (Rosie has a serious "butter face"… everything is good about her "but her face") and is just awesome in the game. Angela plus a sniper team could easily take out 6 soldiers every turn she is that good. Now, no matter how good a hero is, no hero is worth 40 bucks or whatever they are selling the campaign boxes where you are, BUT, Operation Cerberus comes with a really nice 3 story modular building, which could cost you 40 bucks right there if it had a different companies' logo on it. When you take that into consideration, you could stomp the chef model into the dirt and still have Angela and the building be a good deal for 40 bucks, IMO.

#11 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Strombole said:

The campaign box for Angela is actually very worth the price. While I could care less about the Chef, Angela is an outstanding hero. It is the nicest of the female sculpts (Rosie has a serious "butter face"… everything is good about her "but her face") and is just awesome in the game. Angela plus a sniper team could easily take out 6 soldiers every turn she is that good. Now, no matter how good a hero is, no hero is worth 40 bucks or whatever they are selling the campaign boxes where you are, BUT, Operation Cerberus comes with a really nice 3 story modular building, which could cost you 40 bucks right there if it had a different companies' logo on it. When you take that into consideration, you could stomp the chef model into the dirt and still have Angela and the building be a good deal for 40 bucks, IMO.

Couldnt agree more!

I like your paint-job modeling a lot here. However, I'm not a fan of the sculpt's stomach blood vessel things and hose hook-up turn dials. Other than disliking the sculpts stomach (purely a  personal taste issue), I think it's a great Markus. 

#12 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

I think it looks great, and is a good alternate for Markus.

Just to nit-pick, I would like to see more grey in the back and hind quarters.

#13 Sir Lipton Ice tea

Sir Lipton Ice tea

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

yea, but unfortunately operation seelow with markus pack only 2 tank traps and 2 ammo crates……

anyway i will probably get the cerberus box… the building is huge!

#14 Kommissar Zeitsev

Kommissar Zeitsev

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

He works great as a proxy.  

I think the ball you added to the right arm could be a bit bigger, but it looks good regardless.

#15 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

The blut kreuz-ish looking ball actually came with the model. It could have been the ball, a gun or a drill piece. I wish it was a bit bigger myself to be honest but it came that way and so I glued the sucker on and slopped some paint on it.

#16 madmaxknick50

madmaxknick50

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Great Markus Mark II you have there ….. 

#17 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thanks guys for the kind words and for the tips on how to make it even better. Cheers. Once I have my gorilla squad all painted up I will post a pic showing how they look all together as a unit.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS