Photo

New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#41 Craig in NH

Craig in NH

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

LOVE it! Can't wait to get a set and use them to crush . . . I mean to unify the Earth! :)

#42 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Craig in NH said:

LOVE it! Can't wait to get a set and use them to crush . . . I mean to unify the Earth! :)

Which faction are you playing these days?  Zombie Axis? :)

I also added the little blue medal to show which model is the Leader in the unit.  Forgot to mention that.

#43 CrayolaSmoker

CrayolaSmoker

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Think I'm just gonna scrap work on my own cards and go for these when released. Beautiful work, Rodney.

Only (stupidly minor) quibble at this point is the placement of the Dust Warfare logo. For some reason, the fact that it's neither centered on the card or the piece of paper it's stamped onto is distracting me every time. On cards with many rules it'll be a complete non-issue, but on this one it's bugging me. Again, it's a stupidly minor quibble and I tend to take full advantage of the cards regardless. May even grab the PSD when available and stick photos of my own painted units (when finished) on the cards.

If you need any help propagating the book to the cards let me know. I'm pretty handy with the Photoshops.

#44 Neebs

Neebs

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

These look Amazing!  One little point… Hammers are 28 AP

Thank you for these cards!

#45 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

I know what you mean :)  I had the logo in the center for awhile as well, but as I thought it could make the text a little harder to read, I decided to move it to the section of the paper with the least amount of text, even when the card is full.

I guess practical concerns won out :)  Thanks for the comments though and I'll be looking for your help with the Photoshops soon!

CrayolaSmoker said:

Think I'm just gonna scrap work on my own cards and go for these when released. Beautiful work, Rodney.

Only (stupidly minor) quibble at this point is the placement of the Dust Warfare logo. For some reason, the fact that it's neither centered on the card or the piece of paper it's stamped onto is distracting me every time. On cards with many rules it'll be a complete non-issue, but on this one it's bugging me. Again, it's a stupidly minor quibble and I tend to take full advantage of the cards regardless. May even grab the PSD when available and stick photos of my own painted units (when finished) on the cards.

If you need any help propagating the book to the cards let me know. I'm pretty handy with the Photoshops.

#46 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Neebs said:

These look Amazing!  One little point… Hammers are 28 AP

Thank you for these cards!

Just making sure you're paying attention! (a-hem… thanks!)

#47 Neebs

Neebs

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

I figured you where just making sure that we are paying attention??!  

#48 Craig in NH

Craig in NH

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, currently fielding Axis with a couple zombie squads . . . but I DID just get my Gorilla order in today with Marcus (yes, got the Campaign pack. I've sold OZZ to a friend for $12 . . . but I'm still afraid this makes me a sick, sick man . . . )

#49 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm excited to say I've got a few unit cards done now.  These are all the Allies cards that come with the Revised Core set.  These will probabaly be the hardest ones to find pictures for, since they aren't sold seperately.

http://www.dropbox.c... Cards?h=52c0b1

When I print them through Photoshop they come out as 6.5" x 4.5" (or for my fellow Canadians: 16cm x 11cm).

I am also including links to the PSD files for each so that you can do whatever you like with these - but mainly I'm hoping you will help us complete more unit cards!

https://www.dropbox....25g7/a2Me-zCbFr

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO A UNIT, POST HERE AND TELL US JUST BEFORE YOU GET STARTED - this way someone won't duplicate your work (but don't tell us you want to do a unit if you're going to wait a few hours to do it, someone might have it done in that time).

I will be mocking up a couple Axis cards next, so once I have any changes to the style of their cards done I will upload an Axis template for us to start working on the Axis cards as well.

If you don't know how to use Photoshop this may be a little hard to figure out, but you can still help by seeing what people upload (including me, and double checking for mistakes). It's easy to screw up a weapon state line or a rules detail.

Tips: I have layers for all the different items and I've included the fonts in the Drop Box folder with the PSDs.

To add the unit picture:

1. Find a high quality picture of the unit (Google Image search with Large Image selected is your friend).

2. Copy the unit picture you found to the Clipboard.

3. Then go to the Unit Card you are working on and go into the Unit ID layer group and select the Polaroid layer.

4. Then click in the area where the current picture is located on the card using the Magic Wand Tool, this should highlight the full square where the pictre is.

5. Then go to Edit / Paste Special / Paste Into.  This will ensure that the image never extends beyond the photo square.  Now you can move it around, hit Control-T to enlarge, shrink or rotate it.

And of course, ask if you have any questions.  Most importantly though, please upload the full PSD and the JPG so that other people can have the PSD (and the text and stat lines) to copy and paste into other cards.  Plus, if I have all the PSD files I can update any cards that might need it in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

#50 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

I've uploaded a new Rhino JPG to line up with the Errata that was just released.

#51 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Added Axis card to JPG gallery and uploading PSD for it as we speak.

#52 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Awesome stuff! Great work. I am going to use the crap out of these when they are all done. Just amazing work…. You have the gratitude of a fellow Canadian!

#53 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Strombole said:

Awesome stuff! Great work. I am going to use the crap out of these when they are all done. Just amazing work…. You have the gratitude of a fellow Canadian!

And a slightly south of the border neighbor!

#54 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Any chance of creating separate folders for each faction or even for each unit type as well? Otherwise the folder will soon become disorganised and messy, making it difficult to locate the cards you want.

#55 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

They are great. Thanks for your effort!

#56 536RodneySmith

536RodneySmith

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Major Mishap said:

Any chance of creating separate folders for each faction or even for each unit type as well? Otherwise the folder will soon become disorganised and messy, making it difficult to locate the cards you want.

You… dont… want… ALL OF THEM? ;)

Kidding, I'll do that.

#57 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Great work! Will definitely being using these to replace my home made ones.

#58 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

I was just going to do surgery on the dust tactics unit cards to make them into dust warfare cards or find a way to use them for both, but these look great and then I won't have to deface the tactics cards… I may still want to play dust tactics in the future. 

#59 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just Added SturmPioniere…I created a BlutKreuz Platoon directory.  Please let me know if there are any changes needed.

SturmPioniere

#60 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Grrr….not sure how to insert pics on the site.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS