Guard origin options

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Drake56

Drake56

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

i was wondering if they were going to make you part of a vet squad thats been made up of remnants from decimated regiments or hand picked for the vets squad. as the sas are mixed regiment and service.

#22 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Drake56 said:

i was wondering if they were going to make you part of a vet squad thats been made up of remnants from decimated regiments or hand picked for the vets squad. as the sas are mixed regiment and service.

Well, actually, the SAS are their own regiments, being 22 Special Air Service Regiment (Regular Army), 21 Special Air Service Regiment (TA) and 23 Special Air Service Regiment (TA). Whilst they come from other regiments, they are all then given training so that, whilst they may have come from different origins, they all have the same general skills. They don't keep on acting like they did in their old regiments.

A 40k Penal Legion would be the best suggestion for a true "every soldier from a different regiment" game, in my opinion.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#23 lostguardguy

lostguardguy

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

tuco said:

Commisars aren't necessarily from the same planet as the regiments they oversee. 

They never are. Commissars are taken from giagantic space orphanages, by the Commissarent and put under a Commissar untill the they earn a summery execution, a job as a Storm Trooper, or their BIG Commissar pants, after which they are put into armies, regaments, platoons,and or units not from there homeworld so they cant find anyone but the God Emperor to give to grox dungs about. Sorry for any mis speld words or gramarical errors im doing this from a PS3.   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS