• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jester238

Jester238

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi all,

New to the forums, long time Arkham Horror player.

I recently received MoM as a gift, and I adore the game. Sure, it has its inconsistencies here and there, but it is simply a blast to play, and the perfect game to play with my better half, who always enjoys playing the traitor in Betrayal at House on the Hill. Now I've only played once, so I have plenty of content to get through before needing an expansion, however I notice that Forbidden Alchemy is not currently in print. I've found a couple copies and am wondering if I should pounce on one of them. I did read that there were some misprints in the first run of FA copies, would this be an issue if I were to purchase the expansion now? Also, is there a reprint planned for sometime soon? I'd hate to hold off and wait for a revised edition only to have it vanish completely.

Thanks 

#2 Morbid666

Morbid666

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

No info i know of as yet for a reprint. The issues with the 1st release do make the game unplayable and you have to ask FFG for the replacement parts. With all that siad though i am with you on matbe just picking it up because i think this game is going by the wayside.(there has been no new news about this game in months)

#3 Vinterdraken

Vinterdraken

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Also been wondering If I shouldnt just buy the first edition and ask for replacement parts. Been waiting for ages now for that reprint and I would buy it in the blink of an eye If I just could. But I guess we will have to keep waiting. Would be good to get an official word on when FFG is going to release a proper print of the expansion.

#4 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Vinterdraken said:

Also been wondering If I shouldnt just buy the first edition and ask for replacement parts. Been waiting for ages now for that reprint and I would buy it in the blink of an eye If I just could. But I guess we will have to keep waiting. Would be good to get an official word on when FFG is going to release a proper print of the expansion.

Ditto. Been mulling in my own sulk. Early January they were saying they'd update us about the audit and it's almost May. We've been pretty patient and yet there has been no official word, even leaked over at boardgamegeek. I am at my wits end and am just about to buy a copy unrevised myself and wait on replacement parts. 40 bucks is 40 bucks but I'd hate to hear they've completely axed Forbidden Alchemy, let alone Mansions, and everything begins selling like a $300 dollar copy of Road to Legend...

#5 el Igore

el Igore

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

The German publisher of the game announced on April 20. that the German version of FA is planned for summer.

Since the German copies are always printed alongside the English ones, I think summer would be a good bet for the re-release.

#6 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Couldn't wait. Ordered my copy yesterday.

Wish there was some info, i might live to regret my decision….

#7 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

I went ahead and picked it up too. I'm paranoid that soon the gaming vultures (gougers and "collectors") will descened upon this soon.

#8 gbup

gbup

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Just ordered it myself online.  Pre-empted my purchase by getting the replacement pieces first (which arrived in about 3 weeks international post with a free book, which was nice), so hopefully there won't be too many playability issues now.  It wasn't a straight forward decision though, and I guess I finally made it based on a fear of a discontinued line in the near future.  I hope not though, as I dream of a big box expansion based in Innsmouth.  We'll see…

#9 Gromarch

Gromarch

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

found out that there´s a reprint comming just as I had bought it.

Played Return of the Reanimator so far and had a blast !! :)

#10 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, I bought my copy too a couple weeks ago while one still existed for base price. Wanted to be sure I would have a copy if demand out-beat supply. When I get the replacement parts I will open it and discover its horrors.

#11 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

I bought mine after seeing on my FLGS's website that when you buy it, you get the replacement kit with it. Heard about the long wait for the replacements, so this was the ideal situation.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#12 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

I bought my copy on amazon and got the revised components inside the box.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#13 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

They confirmed my email on May 17th and stated it would be a few weeks before I get my requested parts. Not sure if a few weeks is 3 or 4 or 10 but I have House of Fears to hold me at bay.

#14 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

Ha! My parts and free book just came in.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS