Honour the Chapter page count??

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Captain Ventris

Captain Ventris

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Legion of the Damned? The Fire Hawks haven't vanished yet in the Deathwatch timeline - did they change the LotD fluff?

#42 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Captain Ventris said:

Legion of the Damned? The Fire Hawks haven't vanished yet in the Deathwatch timeline - did they change the LotD fluff?

…Warp-based time travel? For playing a game in another era? I dunno.

#43 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Dulahan said:

Weird..  that is not what I'd call 'a lot' - the wording made it sound like there'd be over a dozen to me.  And for all I'm disappointed there aren't more.  We still have all the tools for new ones in Rites of Battle.  And more importantly, new character options!  After all, I highly doubt most killteams are mainly Primogeniture chapters.  ;)

They’re the Chapters that get full write-ups like the main 6 in the core rulebook, Imp Fists in Rites and the other four in First Founding. There are a lot more Chapters in the book than just those.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#44 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

Dulahan said:

Weird..  that is not what I'd call 'a lot' - the wording made it sound like there'd be over a dozen to me.  And for all I'm disappointed there aren't more.  We still have all the tools for new ones in Rites of Battle.  And more importantly, new character options!  After all, I highly doubt most killteams are mainly Primogeniture chapters.  ;)

They’re the Chapters that get full write-ups like the main 6 in the core rulebook, Imp Fists in Rites and the other four in First Founding. There are a lot more Chapters in the book than just those.

BYE

That's awesome.  Basically doubles our fully wroteup numbers…

But how much detail is there for the rest?  I've got 2-4 days before I'll get the book.  So am curious!

#45 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

• Blood Ravens
  • Red Scorpions
  • Raptors
  • Carcharodons

How wonderful! Do we know what Advanced Specialties are in?

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#46 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

• Black Templars (Sword Brother/Emp's Champ)
  • Storm Wardens (Tempest Blade)

Well, judging by the Storm Wardens preview, and the Advanced Specialities listed, that looks like it's the other material I worked on at the time I was writing my part of First Founding (because those chapters are in the rulebook, work was done on them at that point). The Black Templars section was quite fun to work on, actually, as their psychology made it quite easy to develop additional rules for them.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#47 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Could anybody list ALL the Chapters with specifc rules please (even if it´s RoB size)? e 

Also what are the new advanced specialities? Any new deeds?

Oh, and some closer description of Carchadorons and Howling Griffons if anybody could provide it.

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#48 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

As a random aside, the reference to marines being present at Normandy pained me… but then I am a pedant and history is a speciality of mine.

#49 Lionus

Lionus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

borithan said:

As a random aside, the reference to marines being present at Normandy pained me… but then I am a pedant and history is a speciality of mine.

Ok, I wasn't the only one. Thank you.

#50 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Well, judging by the Storm Wardens preview, and the Advanced Specialities listed, that looks like it's the other material I worked on at the time I was writing my part of First Founding (because those chapters are in the rulebook, work was done on them at that point). The Black Templars section was quite fun to work on, actually, as their psychology made it quite easy to develop additional rules for them.

You're correct. It's those bits. The Sword Brother is easily one of my, if not my fav, advanced speciality. Using him all those many moons ago was so much fun. I'm glad the 'official' rules for him are finally in print! 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#51 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

N0-1_H3r3 said:

You're correct. It's those bits. The Sword Brother is easily one of my, if not my fav, advanced speciality. Using him all those many moons ago was so much fun. I'm glad the 'official' rules for him are finally in print! 

BYE

So any answer on the 'how much' detail is there for all these other chapters?  :)

#52 PrimarchX

PrimarchX

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

The following chapters have a minor write up, similar to the successor chapter info in Rites of Battle.

Angels Encarmine! Angels Sanguine, Angels Vermillion, Angels of Vengeance, Disciples of Caliban, Guardians of the Covenant, Doom Eagles, Fire Angels, Silver Skulls, Knights of the Raven, Sons of Medusa, Fire Hawks, Astral Claws, Exorcists, Fire Lords, Minotaurs, Star Phantoms and Invaders.

Alas there are no Mantis Warriors!

#53 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Exorcists? That's interesting. These write-ups must be a bit different than the ones in Rites of Battle, then, since the only Grey Knights rules are in Daemon Hunter…

#54 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Cool.  That's at least useable for the others too.  I'm really looking forward to this book.  Shipped today, priority… so by Friday at the latest!

#55 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

All those extra Chapters function as modifiers to the 'Codex Chapter' base rules, either adding a few rules or changing a few of them, allowing one base set of rules to function for a lot of different Chapters.

BYE

#56 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

This is very interesting to hear. Nice to see so many new Chapters gets writen up and I am in particular interested in the Angels Carmine, Angels Sanguine and Angels Vermillion. Sorry to hear about the Mantis Warriors however but we got a fair few others instead. :) I'm looking forward to getting hold of enough money to spend on getting this book.

#57 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Both Fire Hawks and Legion of Damned? WARP DID IT! 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#58 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

One other chapter I'm a tad disappointed didn't make it?

Black Dragons.

#59 Mkall

Mkall

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Dulahan said:

One other chapter I'm a tad disappointed didn't make it?

Black Dragons.

On a whole, the book seems lacking in successor Chapters of the Salamanders, White Scars and Iron Hands.  Maybe that's all being saved for yet another rulebook.

Edit:  Not that those Chapters have a lot of known successor Chapters in the first place but still it would be nice.

#60 Starglyte

Starglyte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hey, at least the Space Sharks got in there. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS