Honour the Chapter page count??

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

I doubt we'll see Mentor Legion, they've darn near been written out of canon.

Agreed on Badab war ones, though remember this is before that event.  So makes it extra interesting.

#22 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Oh, I know it's pre-Badab. But seeing some Red Scorpions, Fire Angels, Fire Hawks, Marines Errant, Minotaurs, and Star Phantoms? Or even some of the traitor chapters pre-heresy, like the Mantis Warriors or the Executioners? That'd be cool. I'd really like to see chapters that are at least somewhat culturally distinct from their founders, or who don't even know the identity of their founders.

EDIT: And Mentors were mentioned in the 5th Edition Codex: Space Marines, so they're not gone yet.

#23 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Wow.  Time to eat my hat.

There's an ad for Honour the Chapter on RPG.net.   It says the Blood Ravens are coming - I never thought they'd get rights to use them.  But still, good for them!  Confirms Crimson Fists, and has a picture of a few more, anyone recognize the heraldry?

Now if the Iron snakes show too… there's a not bad chance Tanith First and Only could make Only War too…

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/dulahande/chapters.jpg

EDIT:  OK, guessing the Green one in the back right is the Aurora Chapter - pure speculation on color though

the Robed guy on the right is a Guardian of the Covenant - http://warhammer40k....of_the_Covenant

The black blooddrop? Um, "Blood Drinkers?"

the ones on the left, no clue. Though the one greyish green one MIGHT be Flesh Tearers? I can't see anything else that might match up, but it's not a good match.

#24 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dulahan said:

The black blooddrop? Um, "Blood Drinkers?"

the ones on the left, no clue. Though the one greyish green one MIGHT be Flesh Tearers? I can't see anything else that might match up, but it's not a good match.

Going from the picture this is what I think those Chapters are, from the left to right:

Blood Raven (since they're apparently been mentioned as coming)

Angels of Vengeance (since the other Second Founding Chapters were already done in Rites of War and they're supposed to be pretty famous)

Some new Blood Angel successor Chapter?

Auroras (seems like a good guess to me)

Guardians of the Covenant (that was actually pretty easy)

#25 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Could be Exsanguinators, though I think they've been destroyed.

#26 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Gaire said:

Could be Exsanguinators, though I think they've been destroyed.

Remember, the fluff for the 40kverse in general tends to go a few hundred years past where Deathwatch is.  So destroyed they may be, but in Deathwatch's timeframe, they might just be in their Twilight.  So still a VERY good option for a player then.  Just like Black Consuls.

#27 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Dulahan said:

Remember, the fluff for the 40kverse in general tends to go a few hundred years past where Deathwatch is.  So destroyed they may be, but in Deathwatch's timeframe, they might just be in their Twilight.  So still a VERY good option for a player then.  Just like Black Consuls.

I know about the timeline, but I haven't really been able to find any fluff on the Exsanguinators, so not sure if FFG would be willing to take them on. I mean, neither of the 40k wikis lists their colors or their chapter badge, sooo…

#28 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, given the Blood Ravens are in, and how relatively obscure some of those on the banner picture link I posted are.  Not to mention my aforementioned quote about how this is going to have a 'huge number of chapters…'

Now I'm really starting to wonder what Huge will mean for number of chapters.  After all, those who are functionally equivalent to their founding chapter could easily be covered in a page.  Just a different demeanor or something listed.  While those who diverge a lot?  Well, you can get full writeups. 

Yeah, suddenly the sky is the limit (well, and the 140ish page count) for how many chapters this is going to introduce. I was expecting maybe 10 new ones originally, now?  20ish or more wouldn't shock me. 

It needs to bloody come out already.  :D

#29 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

So FRPgames has this as a release tomorrow…

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=82621

Fingers crossed!  I'm definitely springing for at least 3 day shipping, possibly 2.

#30 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Well, if they actually stick to their "late 2nd quarter" release date, it has to come out this week.

#31 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Here in Sweden its noted as coming out in July so I wouldn't cross my fingers just yet, even if I do hope that I am wrong.

#32 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

And it's available on FRPgames' sight.  Already ordered.

#33 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well it's out somewhere, because a guy I know who always gets things before any of us has his copy.

Full new Chapter list:

• Blood Ravens
  • Red Scorpions
  • Marines Errant
  • Flesh Tearers
  • Crimson Fists
  • Howling Griffons
  • Nova Marines
  • Raptors
  • Carcharodons

Plus sections on:

• Black Templars (Sword Brother/Emp's Champ)
  • Storm Wardens (Tempest Blade)

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#34 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Weird..  that is not what I'd call 'a lot' - the wording made it sound like there'd be over a dozen to me.  And for all I'm disappointed there aren't more.  We still have all the tools for new ones in Rites of Battle.  And more importantly, new character options!  After all, I highly doubt most killteams are mainly Primogeniture chapters.  ;)

The only real disappointment about the chapters is no "Dark Sons" since they were mentioned so much in Jericho Reach.

Still, I'll take what I can get!  I just hope this doesn't mean there will be an adventure.  This is a Player's Book, not a GM book.  Adventures in Players Books are wasted space.

#35 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Well, they are putting in new character creation rules, another armory chapter, the new chapters, and perhaps more specialties than the ones for the Templars and Wardens, so that'll take some room. On the other hand, the Products page for Deathwatch does mention "guidance and plot seeds for GMs", so that might indicate an adventure…

#36 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think adventures are the core of any roleplaying game.

They may not sell well, but I feel they are extremely important to getting the game played.

I would argue that games that see a lot of play usually have very healthy adventure collections. All right Call of Cthulhu and DnD have healthy adventure collections. But that is most of roleplaying right there!

#37 Starglyte

Starglyte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

By the list posted above, since the book has the Blood Ravens and Raptors, I am a happy camper.

How much detail does the different chapters have? 

#38 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

AluminiumWolf said:

I think adventures are the core of any roleplaying game.

They may not sell well, but I feel they are extremely important to getting the game played.

I would argue that games that see a lot of play usually have very healthy adventure collections. All right Call of Cthulhu and DnD have healthy adventure collections. But that is most of roleplaying right there!

I'm not against adventures.

I'm against Adventures in PLAYER books like this.  This is the sort of book players will have interest in buying, compared to a published adventure which players won't need to buy.  That makes it a useless adventure to ever use, because players could easily have read it.  Especially if they did before ever entering a group.  A GM can't well ask a person to not read something they already did!  And then the adventure is just useless.  Save adventures for adventure books.  (As a player, I don't ever buy the adventures, but I do buy every other supplement)

#39 PrimarchX

PrimarchX

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I picked up the book today.  It has the chapters H.B.M.C. mentions, which are covered in-depth.  There are also quite a few chapters covered in brief as well.  There's even a section on making a Legion of the Damned player character!  Overall length is 144 pages.

#40 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

PrimarchX said:

I picked up the book today.  It has the chapters H.B.M.C. mentions, which are covered in-depth.  There are also quite a few chapters covered in brief as well.  There's even a section on making a Legion of the Damned player character!  Overall length is 144 pages.

Ooooh hooo hooo!!!

How much is there for the ones covered in brief?  Are we talking Rites of Battle style two-three paragraphs?  Ir is it that plus some characteristic bonuses or something?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS