No more avatars for Dark Heresy?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mithras

Mithras

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I was thinking of changing my avatar for Dark Heresy and I noticed that the option does'nt exist anymore. I hope this is not an omen of discontinuation of the product line as many have been speculating. Or maybe a 2nd edition is in the works? Or is the conspiracy theorist in me coming out? I'm confused!

#2 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Mithras said:

I was thinking of changing my avatar for Dark Heresy and I noticed that the option does'nt exist anymore. I hope this is not an omen of discontinuation of the product line as many have been speculating. Or maybe a 2nd edition is in the works? Or is the conspiracy theorist in me coming out? I'm confused!

I doubt it means anything.

Almost every time FFG has added or modified avatars some disapear for a time. 

#3 Librarian Astelan

Librarian Astelan

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

By the way, is it possible to get a custom avatar? I find that the avatars being used by so many posters confuses.

• Visitor Q likes this

#4 Visitor Q

Visitor Q

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

By the way, is it possible to get a custom avatar? I find that the avatars being used by so many posters confuses.

It is one reason I used the skaven avatar.  I lurked on the forums a bit to see which avatar got used the least in the WH40K RPG forums.

#5 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

The DH avatars have been missing for a long time- they didn't recently disappear. It's the reason why I went hunting for a new one and stumbled upon my current avatar over a year ago. It's a nod to an episode of Community: when egotistical Jeff Winger is accused of being, well, egotistical, he snaps back "I have no ego- my Facebook picture is a landscape!"

• Covered in Weasels likes this

#6 Librarian Astelan

Librarian Astelan

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

So no custom avatars I take it. Bummer.

#7 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

I used a variety of WH40k avatars for a while until I noticed that most of them were already used by other people. That's why I switched to the Data Raven from Netrunner! As a bonus, it almost looks like the kind of pet an Inquisitor would keep...

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#8 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

I used one of the Tide of Iron ones which I had never seen anyone use... then they discontinued them.

#9 Vorzakk

Vorzakk

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

I got this tower.  I no longer recall where it was from.

• BinarySecond likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS