• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#121 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

More human diversity.

No, I don't mean Not-Fantasy or contemporary ethnicity/race proxies.

I want to see more Abhumans and Mutants. More minor, abeit unique variations that prop up from the huge genetic diversity and evolution of the species.

New vehicles. I really want to see cars, trucks and new Leman Russ variants. Ones that are closer to a steampunk or WWI level, others closer to a late 20th century design (which, on tabletop isn't hard to do for conversions).

Generally, I just want more diversity.

#122 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

I hestitate to use Dan Abnett's fluff for anything, even pillow stuffing. The man writes novels that wouldn't even be able to fly in the old Mack Bolan series. He's ignorant, a bad writer, and I hesitate to even call him a hack, although the field is so lowered nowadays that I suppose that label fits…

#123 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Warboss Krag said:

I hestitate to use Dan Abnett's fluff for anything, even pillow stuffing. The man writes novels that wouldn't even be able to fly in the old Mack Bolan series. He's ignorant, a bad writer, and I hesitate to even call him a hack, although the field is so lowered nowadays that I suppose that label fits…

Thats a bit harsh :P but true, none of the black library staff are Neil Gaiman so what can you expect. However his work has been seminal in the 40K universe. Ghosts and Eisenhorn being the best known and the influence of these books changed the way the world is presented, before those books all we knew was that there was space marines.

I am however interested in why you think he's worse than the others, is it just that his style doesn't fit you personally or is there some kind of insight?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS