Riders of the Red Fork + Bran the Builder's Legacy

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

That comparison is ridiculous, Rhaegal being poorly worded (as many of us are well aware that he is) is nowhere near being a game breaking issue. Just imagine that his attach as a duplicate effect is worded the way that every other one is and there is no issue or apparent precedent setting problem. Duplicates do not exist in your deck, so it should say to search for a copy of Rhaegal and attach it as a duplicate, so, yes they should erata it, but until they do, the intent is easy enough to figure out.

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

#42 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I am someone who maybe wouldn't play this game if the FAQ was 400 pages.  I know that was an exagerration, but maybe they do not have as many entries in the FAQ because many of your concerns are statistically not a FAQ. 

I now understand what you were saying before even though I don't agree with the strictness of your interpretation of cards.  I don't think a game should be designed for only players that have the ability to perfectly interpret the English language and the ability to pull apart the structure of sentences in such a way that there is only a single interpretation that is possible for everyone who reads the sentence. 

If you are entering a tournament, it is your responsibility to know how the cards will work.  You should never assume that everyone uses the same exact interpretation as you(even if you think you are 100% correct).  This is why we have the online community and the rules question submission.  This is also why we have the FAQ.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS