Miloslav Warp Engines

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Sebastian Yorke

Sebastian Yorke

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Which brings up another question...do a Runecaster and Miloslav in combination triple or quadruple warp speed?

Mixing xeno-tech intented for use in the webway, with an overclocked warp engine... What could go wrong?

I'd f### up really bad with a Navigator's mind trying to go 4x the normal travel time (imagine driving off-road at 200kmh by night with a16 wheeler, but hey! you are using a GPS and night vision googles).

• Myrion likes this

RT Wannabe Shipwright & Frustrated GM

#42 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

do a Runecaster and Miloslav in combination triple or quadruple warp speed?

The way I decided it, modifiers from Essential components happen first, then Supplementals, in descending order of speed increase. I had it flowcharted somewhere after my players decided to get every speed-modifying upgrade they could and build a time machine out of it.

• darkforce and Chaki like this

#43 darkforce

darkforce

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

do a Runecaster and Miloslav in combination triple or quadruple warp speed?

The way I decided it, modifiers from Essential components happen first, then Supplementals, in descending order of speed increase. I had it flowcharted somewhere after my players decided to get every speed-modifying upgrade they could and build a time machine out of it.

They totally deserve a high-five for that. Mostly for hilarity and creativity.

#44 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

Planning session:

"We really want to play up the political and economic powers that a Rogue Trader's dynasty has! We want Spice and Wolf meets Horatio Hornblower!"

Two weeks later:

"So we built this ship that will reliably make any trip in between 1 and -10 weeks..."

• darkforce, Tenebrae, Myrion and 1 other like this

#45 Sebastian Yorke

Sebastian Yorke

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

...and that's how the Ordo Cronos came out of hiding.

RT Wannabe Shipwright & Frustrated GM

#46 darkforce

darkforce

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Planning session:

"We really want to play up the political and economic powers that a Rogue Trader's dynasty has! We want Spice and Wolf meets Horatio Hornblower!"

Two weeks later:

"So we built this ship that will reliably make any trip in between 1 and -10 weeks..."

Well, it'll allow you to charge a few fortunes simply for always delivering before time... or you get nothing, since nobody ordered anything yet :D

"Sir, there are merchants, selling us A few Megatons of Water in response to the... drought..." "We don't need Water, we're perfectly fine, how can there be a drought in this effin rain? Send them away." 

*A few weeks later*

"Someone send a request to get us some water!"

• Tenebrae, Myrion, RogalDorn01 and 1 other like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS