• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Kaine82 said:

The Polish winner was running a Reclaiming the Fallen deck, very powerful. Even though the Verena decks may not be winning first place all the time they are still very powerful and very boring to loose to.

2011 Stahleck Winning deck

Jaszczur was playing RTF at the European Championships in Stahleck, not Polish ones. There he ended up second and as far as I remember had just plain pre restrictions empire awesomness. Hemmler, Dericksburges, Rodriks with Call for Reserves and Osterknachts, Verena package etc.

#22 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm geographically illiterate.

Does anyone have the deck lists from Poland? The great holey Mecca of WHI?

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#23 DaniCarre

DaniCarre

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Kaine82 said:

The last torunament in Polish have more than 40 players. The winner is Filku with DE control.

#24 LiouKen

LiouKen

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

DaniCarre said:

Kaine82 said:

The last torunament in Polish have more than 40 players. The winner is Filku with DE control.

Well, another voice come out.

#25 decado

decado

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Will of electors restricted, wow, and again, wow. Now that is a surprise! I would rather see Verena here, like many others. Maybe it is like Virgo says, it will affect cards that are coming with future BP's. We will see, but to be honest I doubt it...

Kaine82 - and what decklists would you like to see? RTF build is known to you. Verena build is also known to everybody. There is no winning deck right now and that is very, very much appreciated. You can take almost any race (HE excluded, maybe later...) and have a competitive game.

#26 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Honestly I would like to see the top 8 deck lists from Poland to see what the metagame is like there and to see where the "prevalence of Empire decks built around it and Judgement of Verena"(as stated in the article) are being seen.

Here we see a lot of Chaos, less DE negative hit point and Empire Verena decks because everyone is sick of playing them. As regionals approach we are all realizing we have been messing around with new stuff so much our decks are largely untested against the most well known builds.

#27 Mouse_PL

Mouse_PL

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

this restriction is plain stupid, and the thing that you can trigger quests without unit. Why not restrict verena itself ? I don`t  see verena as the major winning deck now, I guess they let some scared newbie player to have a voice in this FAQ. Decks build around verena are here from the begining,  and recently are played less  often, why now it is so important to have them weaker ? Since some new cards were realesed  verena is not the strongest build.

this game is not what it used to be... 

#28 Djibi

Djibi

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't understand this restriction. With the restriction of Rodriks and Derricksburg Forge the game was pretty balanced, at least. In french tournament, Chaos, DE and Dwarf RTF dominate the game

#29 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Mouse_PL said:

Yeah, the balance now is the best ever. Hard to disagree.

#30 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Mouse_PL said:

this restriction is plain stupid, and the thing that you can trigger quests without unit. 

It doesn't negate the "if a unit is questing here" restriction on quests. It just means that you can actually use the "When this card enters play, draw a card." action on the Capital cycle quests.

#31 LiouKen

LiouKen

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Virgo said:

Mouse_PL said:

Yeah, the balance now is the best ever. Hard to disagree.

Where is the Polish-dominated pre-restrictions Empire decks? or you just bluff?

#32 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Why would I bleff if this decks are already things of the past and meta is well at the moment in our country? If you don't know what empire deck looked like before restrictions then I can't help you. Funny thing is some people here think that I'm trolling when I support FFG decisions about restrictions while I think that those whining about them are either empire players or trolls themselves :P

#33 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

There's no need for this discussion to turn harsh. Let's keep in mind there are people from very different gaming environments here, and what some take for granted, because they get to play more and have more lively discussions in RL and on their national forums, others only have a vague idea about. Still, while for example one pre-restriction Verena deck might have differed from the other in details, it is safe to assume they shared key elements (like Verena/Will/Long Winter, Hemmler, Rodrik's, Derricksburg), and these key elements were what made them powerful. Whether one included Chain Lightning and the other didn't isn't that important, so deck lists shouldn't be needed. Let's also keep in mind that one gaming environment might find one strategy or faction to be superior that doesn't do as well in another environment, and we should be careful with absolute and categorical statements.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread outlining common builds and strategies, so that everyone's roughly on the same page when people say their DE control lost against Chaos rush.

#34 LiouKen

LiouKen

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Virgo said:

Why would I bleff if this decks are already things of the past and meta is well at the moment in our country? If you don't know what empire deck looked like before restrictions then I can't help you. Funny thing is some people here think that I'm trolling when I support FFG decisions about restrictions while I think that those whining about them are either empire players or trolls themselves :P

If you can't prove what you said, then I'll consider you bluffed, then I won't trust and reply any of what you say

I don't know why you need to bluff, maybe you just wanna show you're smarter or better than others, like a boss.

And yes, I think you're whining and trolls yourself. Because, thanks God I'm not a Empire player, I used to play Dwarf Reclaim deck and now I play DE control deck.

#35 LiouKen

LiouKen

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Mallumo said:

There's no need for this discussion to turn harsh. Let's keep in mind there are people from very different gaming environments here, and what some take for granted, because they get to play more and have more lively discussions in RL and on their national forums, others only have a vague idea about. Still, while for example one pre-restriction Verena deck might have differed from the other in details, it is safe to assume they shared key elements (like Verena/Will/Long Winter, Hemmler, Rodrik's, Derricksburg), and these key elements were what made them powerful. Whether one included Chain Lightning and the other didn't isn't that important, so deck lists shouldn't be needed. Let's also keep in mind that one gaming environment might find one strategy or faction to be superior that doesn't do as well in another environment, and we should be careful with absolute and categorical statements.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread outlining common builds and strategies, so that everyone's roughly on the same page when people say their DE control lost against Chaos rush.

Like this post(if there has Like button).

This is the real disscuss. and thank you for your explanation.

But Rodrik's and Derricksburg restricted on last FAQ.

#36 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

The reason I asked for the to 8 Polish deck lists to begin with was to see how many of them were Verena centered Empire decks. I feel highly visible tournament results feed discussions in the forums which in turn fosters a more active community. At the very least it would put a lot of these discussions sited with conjecture to rest.

Even if the actual lists aren't available it would be nice to know the faction and general deck theme of top 8 in the largest WHI tournament ever.

#37 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

LiouKen said:

And yes, I think you're whining and trolls yourself.

You troll yourself, no s at the end, it's not the third person. Duh!

Kaine82 said:

Even if the actual lists aren't available it would be nice to know the faction and general deck theme of top 8 in the largest WHI tournament ever.

http://warhammer-inwazja.pl/index.php?p=5&&t=368

And yes I know I sucked badly at this tournament. First big tournament outside of my city and no so good deck and those are the results

#38 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Looking at the tournaments from 2012-03-27, it's awesome to see that top 6 are all different races. I guess there are a lot of players that are interested in the HE decks from Fortep and Arczi.

#39 Paradoks

Paradoks

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Verena should be epic spell it is clearly too powerful (and just annoying and funbraking) for it's current status.

#40 Jowimus

Jowimus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

grille said:

Looking at the tournaments from 2012-03-27, it's awesome to see that top 6 are all different races. I guess there are a lot of players that are interested in the HE decks from Fortep and Arczi.

Where can I find these HE decks? Thx

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS