Photo

How would you conquer the Jericho reach?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

NO MORE GREY KNIGHTS Annaamarth said this.

"GASP"

To win the Jericho Reach you need a crusade of Redemptionists. It is the only way. A massive amount of priests let loose on the Tau. They won't know what hit them. Any support in this? (There better be support or there will be blood)

#62 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

The practical difference between a massive horde of redemptionist priests and a massive horde of Rogue Traders? The RTs have more logistical support, pay for themselves gia exploitation as they go, and come prepackaged with WMDs.

I like my idea better.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#63 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

The practical difference between a massive horde of redemptionist priests and a massive horde of Rogue Traders? The RTs have more logistical support, pay for themselves gia exploitation as they go, and come prepackaged with WMDs.

I like my idea better.

RT:s are too practical, though. They're crippled by things like "supply routes" and "profit maximation" and "the well-being of my family".

Redemptionists just go balls-to-the-wall crazy with their exterminator-rigged eviscerators. Who need things like "tactics" or "strategy" when you have

Spoiler

?

Edited by Fgdsfg, 25 July 2014 - 04:33 AM.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#64 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

I can agree with that. I'd favor bringing Rogue Traders, and all of their ships, power, and forces to bear on the Tau, maybe rather than crazy priests, though BOTH would be nice, if BOTH were available, but so many Rogue Traders are self-centered, or accustomed to a different way of dealing with xenos, like dealing WITH them, at all. They'd be just as likely to screw around, trying to get good picks, or maybe even Tau support, rather than commit their all to the cause; that's how Lord Armellan became a ruined man, and why Lady Charlabelle has to work so hard to keep up appearances, and regain lost wealth. Wiser, cagier Rogue Traders won't overextend themselves, and would need to know that they were getting some considerable reward for their trouble. The Ministorum bands, however, won't care how many of them die, if they get to keep the choicest bits of whatever, if they get paid, or any of that; their faith will carry them through, and to the God-Emperor, of He requires it, and that's all they need.

Edited by venkelos, 25 July 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#65 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

And anyway who needs food supplies when the Redemptionists enjoy starving themselves (and probably eating the Tau, though might just be a nasty rumour). Rogue Traders are usually only interested in profit. The reason I said Tau is because they suffer a handicap against the Redemption. No turncoats. I bet Ebongrave would be jumping up and down with joy. Unlike Rogue Traders you don't have to moniter every move of the Redemption, unless you actually wanted the planets to be populated. Also they are way better than Rogue Traders. What can beat a mad psychopath who wants to burn, kill and sing?

Virtually nothing.

Edited by Misha, 25 July 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#66 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

"GASP"

To win the Jericho Reach you need a crusade of Redemptionists. It is the only way. A massive amount of priests let loose on the Tau. They won't know what hit them. Any support in this? (There better be support or there will be blood)

I support it 100%.

Kill them all, the Emperor will recognize his own!

#67 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

"GASP"

I support it 100%.

Kill them all, the Emperor will recognize his own!

Thank you for your whole hearted support. May the emperor bless your soul. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS