Talisman: The Blood Moon Expansion

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#41 golgothika

golgothika

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Freakin' awesome.I am fired up for this one.

#42 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

BanthaFodder said:

Forgot I was going to mention I still have issues of Warlock magazine and "Out of the Pit" and "Titan" which were  reference books for FF.

Those are right here on the bookshelf.

I have both of them too.

But titan, and out of the pit are just for the collection.

#43 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

BanthaFodder said:

Oh yes, I have the book from when it first came out in 1984. Not sure where it is at the moment, probably in a box somewhere. 

I had all the ones from that year but then they all went a bit sci-fi and I prefered my FF to be nore D&D based. Talisman of Death I think

was the last one I had apart from the return to the Deathtrap Dungeon (which was not as good if I remember)

They are bringing out a new one to celebrate 30 years. I think is is about Zombies.

I even have Deathtrap Dungeon on my iPad and just played it and got through. I remembered the path from 28 years ago! Can't remember what I was doing last week mind.

Always thought there was quite a bit of crossover with FF and Talisman. In particular the artwork which attracted me in both cases.

Anyway, veering wildly off-topic so will close by saying I bet that is an Orc we are getting in Blood Moon. And I am always right. ;-)

There are indeed a lot of sci fi books.

I have ignore those books. I want it also more in the style of D&D.

City of Thieves is my favorite at this moment. But have not play through the whole Deathtrap Dungeon. So many traps

I agree that the FF series are a bit similar to talisman. as example the combat fights.

Oke, now that we go on-topic, I bet that  it is NOT a orc on the Blood Moon cover

Can't wait to find that out!

#44 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I am looking forward what for alternate endings we get.

In the previous small expansion from Sacred Pool, there was also a Sacred Pool ending card included.

So maybe we get a Blood Moon ending card too!

Maybe it's a werewolf endboss, who knows

Or a living dead ending. Every enemy that you kill will be resurrected...

Anyway, i am still praying for a Pandora's Box ending card

#45 guciomir

guciomir

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

We will probably get 12 str boss in a future. So Demon Lord does not feel lonely.

#46 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Mwah, i don't use those endings anymore. I have the dragon tower now.

The only thing what i like to see are mechanics that makes the game interesting.

And Sacred Pool is one of them.

Can't wait to find out what the endings in the blood moon expansion are.

#47 TalismanAttack

TalismanAttack

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

I don't like any of the alt endings to date. I think they all suck, except maybe Battle Royale from Highland.

To me, they're just wasted paper.

Sorry, it's the truth.

Meh.

It's mainly because my games usually don't have more than 2 players, so...

Yeah.

#48 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

TalismanAttack said:

I don't like any of the alt endings to date. I think they all suck, except maybe Battle Royale from Highland.

To me, they're just wasted paper.

Sorry, it's the truth.

Meh.

It's mainly because my games usually don't have more than 2 players, so...

Yeah.

My games have also not more than 2 players

In the beginning, i was very interested in end bosses,  but now, not anymore.

It's because, if you go through the dungeon, then the final end boss is a piece of cake.

Not sure how it would be if you go through the tower...

#49 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

looking forward to this expansion

my guess is that with the day and night card, the +1/-1 will only effect undead

my other guess is that the character with the flail is a wild elf

#50 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

NemaLive said:

looking forward to this expansion

my guess is that with the day and night card, the +1/-1 will only effect undead

my other guess is that the character with the flail is a wild elf

It is said already that it will effect all enemies

Welcome on the Talisman forum Nemalive.

#51 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thanks long time lurker, first time poster.

I thought the comment from ell was just an opinion and not official...? Sorry dont know who's who on here

#52 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3118

"Whereas creatures are slightly weaker in the cold light of day, they grow bolder at nightfall."

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#53 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

I hope we get some art previews from the Blood Moon expansion on Talismanisland 

I always enjoy the sneak peeks.

#54 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

The vicious Werewolf prowls the night..

You must escape his wrath

The night is coming! The night is coming!

#55 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is it a given that the Werewolf figure will be traversing the board on its own (like the Reaper)? Maybe it replaces a the character currently suffering from Lycanthropy, and when another character is infected, the current Werewolf is freed from the curse? That would give an extra incentive to attack other characters (to get rid of the curse), but I don't know.

#56 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

Lubricus said:

Is it a given that the Werewolf figure will be traversing the board on its own (like the Reaper)? Maybe it replaces a the character currently suffering from Lycanthropy, and when another character is infected, the current Werewolf is freed from the curse? That would give an extra incentive to attack other characters (to get rid of the curse), but I don't know.

I think that the Werewolf is the same as the Reaper but with new mechanics. He will probably be activated when it is night.

If he change a character in a werewolf, then that character will get the Lycantropy card.

I hope at least that the Werewolf is more active than the Reaper. 

#57 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Velhart said:

Lubricus said:

I think that the Werewolf is the same as the Reaper but with new mechanics. He will probably be activated when it is night.

If he change a character in a werewolf, then that character will get the Lycantropy card.

I hope at least that the Werewolf is more active than the Reaper. 

You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind seeing which character is a werewolf by glancing at the board. And the Reaper tends to move even less than he is supposed to, since the players often forget his mechanic - I hope we don't get a similar mechanic for moving the Werewolf around. Playing with all expansions, each turn gets really slow as it is right now, with all of the fiddling with the Dragon cards and tokens plus the Reaper - and now the day/night cycle. Well, we'll see soon enough, I guess.

#58 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Lubricus said:

You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind seeing which character is a werewolf by glancing at the board. And the Reaper tends to move even less than he is supposed to, since the players often forget his mechanic - I hope we don't get a similar mechanic for moving the Werewolf around. Playing with all expansions, each turn gets really slow as it is right now, with all of the fiddling with the Dragon cards and tokens plus the Reaper - and now the day/night cycle. Well, we'll see soon enough, I guess.

Well, i hope and think that the werewolf is a NPC from it's own.

Imagine, that the werewolf will move toward your character every night.

That would be dangerous and cool.

I expect some news next week.

#59 Gunshy20

Gunshy20

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Another shameless cash in

#60 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

talismanisland said:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3118

"Whereas creatures are slightly weaker in the cold light of day, they grow bolder at nightfall."

The real question is does night&day affects foes like those in Tavern/Forest/Crags.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS