• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#281 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Nidhögg said:

Uhhm, why even play with them if you hardly use them?

I love and use everything else about Blood Moon. I may not love as much the Werewolf, but I do like his and the Reaper's random element. Which, in real time means, that either me or my co-player 'could' change our mind on the so called agreement… and have a time or two. But most of the other things, aspects, cards, characters, concepts, of Reaper and Blood Moon are worthy of being used always, so I don't really mind or notice the virtual lip service to them as NPCs. I guess it is contradictory, but thats the best I can do. They're interesting enough to keep in the game, and fear.

#282 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Nidhögg said:

In the BL WW-ending characters die if you win. End of story. And even if they didn't, you only have to roll on the WW-chart if it's nighttime. If your'e a lycantrophe and it's daytime there's nothing special going on and you act as normal.

But I agree with you that the WW-chart is less lethal than the GR-chart… 

True, but then, what's the point (Lyc + Day)? It's just like all the other fight endings up to that point, with the exception that it (like the Demon Lord) lacks an escape clause, making it a no-no for our random endings. Lycantrophy not being able to take lives off the character he attacks during the Night drags it out, since the character at the CoC can do very little about Day/Night himself, so the others will try to keep it Night to becomes Lycs themselves.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#283 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Dam said:

Velhart said:

The werewolf is a dangerous foe on the board.

Very much disagree, it's just annoying and lame. Takes four rolls to kill you (if you have 4 Lives) vs just one from Reaper (even if you had 21 Lives). Worse, if you are Lycantrophy or have Wolfsbane, it becomes 1/3 or 1/2 chance of replenishing all Fate or healing all Lives. Which is just awful when you use the BL WW ending, if everyone ends up a Lycantrophy, the game will go on forever. Since you have to attack another character, but winning just makes them roll on the WW chart, they have a much higher chance of healing back to full than losing a single life, let alone all their lives in a row.

I think that the werewolf is dangerous enough in the beginning of the game.

50% of it´s abilities is dangerous for starting characters.

And he has better movement controls during the night by landing on characters than the reaper.

Getting wolfsbane from the 485 cards is not a easy task:)

Since we have the Dragon Tower, we don't use the other end bosses, so BL WW will not come into play..

#284 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

In our games, all Lycanthropes automatically lose 1 life every time Day Breaks, to increase the danger.

#285 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Triple "A" said:

In our games, all Lycanthropes automatically lose 1 life every time Day Breaks, to increase the danger.

Then i am sure that you want to visit the enchantress or a witch to change into a toad, so that you can get rid of the lycanthropy card:)

Losing everytime a life when the sun comes up, is indeed dangerous:)

#286 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

In recognition of the greater danger, we have offset the "lose 1 Life a Daybreak" rule with another than allows a player to remove the Lycanthropy curse if they Heal 1 Life above their maximum (ie. you must have all your Lives, then Heal 1 more time to remove the curse).

Yes, we do love our House Rules.  But these were added to make the Werewolf more interesting and actually make it somewhat negative to become a Lycanthrope.

#287 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Triple "A" said:

In recognition of the greater danger, we have offset the "lose 1 Life a Daybreak" rule with another than allows a player to remove the Lycanthropy curse if they Heal 1 Life above their maximum (ie. you must have all your Lives, then Heal 1 more time to remove the curse).

Yes, we do love our House Rules.  But these were added to make the Werewolf more interesting and actually make it somewhat negative to become a Lycanthrope.

Thats a reason for our treatment of the Lycanthrope (2 players; agree to move NPCs away from characters - at least in the beginning). Since it should be less desirable to be a WW. Perhaps we'll try something like that, thanks for the idea!

#288 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

Great suggestions about  Lycanthropy.

We started playing like this:

1. The Day side of the Time card only affects lycanthropes

2. Lycanthropes lose 1 life each time night changes to day.

3. Lycanthropy can be voluntarily  healed at the following locations: Chapel, City, Village, Castle. When a  lycanthrope heals to his life value  at one of  these places, he may choose to  discard the curse card.

#289 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Regarding the Time Card - We play that only Enemies are affected by the Time Card; creatures are not affected by it!

Ell.

#290 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

These are both good ideas.

#291 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

2 weeks ago, i was using the Blood Moon expansion in my talisman games.

We decided to play with only the Base, reaper and the Blood Moon expansion, and it was great!

We also decided to use the 3 new characters, and i drew the Graverobber. My opponent drew the Vampire Hunter.

I must say that the Grave Robber is very powerful! I won the game with him!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS