• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

magicstop said:

I registered for this forum for the sole purpose of replying to this thread . . .

PLEASE put out an expansion (or 5) for this game! A big box expansion would be ideal (new tiles, more dice, new heroes, new monsters, expansion board?, hero mats? card mat?), but I'd also be down for some of the smaller expansions with 2-3 new heroes, new decks, new monsters, etc.

I play this game a LOT. Mind you, I love Descent and a lot of other games, but the relatively quick setup and play time of this game means it sees my table far more often than anything else. Easy solo rules make it playable all the time, and the rules are simple enough that even my wife will play.

I really hope we see an expansion or 5 for this game . . . It's a blast to play.

I play the game so much it is easily one of my most worn games that merits a repurchase.

#22 sch4fchen

sch4fchen

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

i really would like to see an expansion (… or better a few expansions) for this game. A print-on-demand expansion with more cards for almost all type of cards would be a perfect expansion.

Additional heroes would be cool to but not as necessary as simply more cards (perhaps some Descent Heroes crossovers (with or without the minis) like here: http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=594099 ).

#23 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I could actually see PoD character sheets for this game. Mansions of Madness PoD story and set-up sheets are around a similar size as the DQ character sheets. The question is if FFG would be willing to also make figures and a token for new characters, as well new cards that make variant decks.

Really, it would be best however if they just published a revision and decided to henceforth expand the game.

#24 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't know if the FFG english edition is the same as my Edge french edition (which was released well after the FFG one) but it includes some expansions from the earlier edition I think…like Catacombs and one other that I can't recall.

Anyways I'm still all in for expansions…at least one.  Maybe add some new cards, room types, 2 new Heroes…a REALLY GREAT AND FUN combat system please…and maybe some other neat stuff that I can't think of lol.

What I want is that they keep the essence of this game: Hilariously chaotic unforeseen events!

#25 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Agreed, SolonnelBern, and yes, I believe the expansions from previous editions were included. The latest FFG edition does have a catacombs deck.

#26 PzVIE

PzVIE

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'd welcome an expansion!

More tiles, more heroes, more cards, more … everything!!!

#27 raves

raves

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Sure, expansion is needed!

I wonder if a new catacomb-like expansion can be a big hit…

#28 aisrham

aisrham

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

if you please, once an expansion that gives life to the game, or that it is a sad compilation of heroes from other games like Descent to dungeonquest.

#29 raves

raves

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

A petition for an expansion:

http://www.ipetition...quest-boargame/

Sign and share!

#30 Maroszek

Maroszek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'd buy it!

#31 Sithknight19

Sithknight19

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I own and love this game. Me and my wife play this all the time. count me in. Expansion Please!!!

#32 Groovus

Groovus

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Here, FFG, take my $$$ now!!! Yes, please an expansion is in order. :)

#33 golgothika

golgothika

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

I would love to see this game get an expansion.

#34 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

I would like to see this game have an expansion, nothing too drastic of course! More tiles for sure, and definitely more heroes (not forgetting to give us cards for use in Runebound/Descent/Runewars!). More monsters could be very interesting, so we'd have to get more cards into the existing decks that bring them out. More combat cards, possibly. I can't decide if I would like to have a way for heroes to heal themselves, as sometimes I get annoyed that I'm dead by round three after going through all that set-up. Something I would like to see is a new mechanic of searching the lair where you only draw one treasure card rather than two, which can slow you down in raiding the treasure. A "stirring" card, that falls halfway between the sleeping and the full-on rage. The dragon-minion that someone mentioned is kinda nice as well  :)

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#35 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

A "small" expansion would be fun.

But I think it would be a better idea to do as they did before, a set of heroes that can go in every game of Terrinoth (descent V2, Runewars, Runebound, and why not Battlelore)

#36 The Wizard

The Wizard

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

It would be nice if FFG would make a POD expansion for Dungeonquest, like the nether realm expansion for talisman.

• SolennelBern likes this

#37 Gary the Fist

Gary the Fist

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I must agree.  I enjoyed the first addition long ago.  DQ just needs some new additional cards of all kinds, some new heroes........and if possible, maybe a new game mechanic that adds some new variety to gameplay but does not detract from the current gameplay,....or maybe not.  Either way ....SOLD.      I'm waiting........  

#38 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

POD would be great for this game...but being a fan of variety i'd also love a small box expansion like Lair/Trollfens for Descent.  Fill the box with maybe 2 new Heroes, new tile types, more cards and A FREAKING FUN AND SIMPLE COMBAT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!! That's the thing I hate the most about DQ, the combats.

I made a personal variant using the Descent dice.  I assigned defense dice to monsters and attack dice to Heroes.  Same simplicity but with cool dice :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS