Can a toad carry items or gold?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Karathi

Karathi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

Hope this one isn't posted here yet, if so, sorry for that. Anyway, I had a question about the toad:

Can a toad take any money or items he lands on? The toad card tells you to drop everything and states that after three turns you'll be as before, but without the previous items, followers and gold and without the lives lost as a toad. However, it doesn't explicitly states that you can't pick up/carry any gold or items.

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

A toad may not pick up or carry any gold or objects.

#3 Karathi

Karathi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

Okay, thanks for the quick reply!

#4 XistenZ

XistenZ

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

A toad may not pick up or carry any gold or objects.

I was also wondering about this. Logically, he shouldn't be able to. But since it never states it anywhere, either in the rules or the toad-card, a toad should be able to carry items. So after 2 turns as a toad, it would be possible to reclaim your lost items.

I would gladly accept it if there was stated that a toad cannot carry anything, but since it's not I call LOOPHOLE.

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

The words Objects & Followers are not on the bottom of the Toad Cards. If they were, it would mean a Toad could carry them. However as it is not on the card, a Toad cannot take these items.

#6 XistenZ

XistenZ

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Oh, that's very true! I also noticed that the "Gold" is also erased from the Toad Card. Thanks, this covered the last of my questions about the rules :) Everything is crystal clear to me, finally!

#7 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

While most people seem to be in agreement on this ruling, the question does come up often enough that FFG should really put it in the Official Rules and/or FAQ. 

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

www.njtalisman.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS