A few pictures of my units

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Finally got to play a multiplayer scenario (2 vs 2). The Allied team was mounting an assault on a factory from two different sides. Their objective was to eliminate the Axis Kommandotrupp before the end of round 8. The axis team was deploying inside the factory and was supposed to keep their precious squad alive. It was a very tense game, yet the Allies won somewhere around the end of round 6.

a very brief AAR:

I commanded the Allied team assaulting from the back door. The Fireball closed in quickly, but almost got melted by the Heavy Lasers. Thankfully, it managed to get an instant repair by Rosie (whom it was transporting). After that, the tank took down the heavy lasers with a flood of napalm and machine gun fire ;) That opened the path for the flamer squads that instantly rushed in, only to get under fire from both infantry and tanks. A few lives were lost in spite of hard cover. The other allied player also made a breakthrough on his side and reached the interior, yet he got bogged down by an axis counterattack that prevented him from closing in on the objective in time. I, on the other hand, finally managed to get the flamer guys in and support them further with the Fireball. In spite of heavy losses, they managed to toast the Axis command squad, who was hiding behind the storage tank (somewhere around the middle of the first photo, near the heavy lasers). 

#22 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

That is some freaking awesome battlefields! Greats use of foam, pipes and everything you used!

You gave me some great ideas!

Thanks for sharing!

#23 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Thanks, I've put a lot of time and effort into it, but DT is a game worthy of such sacrifice. Right now I'm quite happy with the factory setting, so I think I'm gonna focus on the city ruins, and maybe the bridge later. Need to finish painting the Sturmpioniere and the Pounder as well and finally move on to Ludwig. So little time and so much work…

#24 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Here's a new urban scenario that I put together yesterday to introduce a new player to DT. We played a small skirmish, 200 points per side. The objective was to destroy as many opposing units as possible and to control the 3 crates in the middle of the board before the end of round 6. After that, the winner was determined on the basis of army points count in destroyed enemy units (plus a 30 point bonus for each crate under control).

The Allies managed to eliminate all enemy armor, but lost Blackhawk in the process. The crate on the right became a hotly contested objective, but neither player was able to get hold of it before the end of the game. The crate on the left was captured quickly by allied jetpack infantry, and the last one in the middle (which you can barely see in the first photo) almost got into the hands of Lara and her Flak Grenadiers. Ultimately, the Allies won a solid victory by eliminating more enemy units and capturing the left crate.

#25 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Some stuff I I've been working on recently.

Here's Pounder, it's almost finished:

And here's Ludwig. I'm generally happy with the camo so far, but there's still a ton of work that needs to be done here:

Last, but not least, a handful of pictures featuring new battlefields. Enjoy!

#26 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Another battle that I've recently played (and won :P ). We went for the usual objective-based scenario: a symmetrical map with several crates spread around the middle acting as objectives (plus points scored for destroying enemy units). It was fun as usual, yet I'd like to play a more assymetrical assault scenario in the near future - the defense line is gonna make a comeback, I suppose ;)

pic1713237_md.jpg

Gonna post some new terrain / unit pics soon, so stay tuned ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS