• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 toddrew

toddrew

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Welcome to the forums, Taeblewalker :)

Small point of clarification with regards to the "Lore Masters" - the Commander is indeed a lore master, as is the Creature Handler, though neither of those two lore masters affect the lore deck composition nor number of lore cards one keeps on the initial draw nor number one can hold in hand during the game.  Instead, Commander impacts number of command cards one holds (3 + Commander Level), and the Creature Handler impacts total levels of creatures one can deploy (1 Level per Lore Master token).  The rule book is pretty oblique about all this though.  EDIT:  You know what, maybe the Commander isn't a "lore master", even though one uses lore master tokens to designate its level, etc.  Perhaps pure semantics - regardless, impact of everyone sitting on the War Council is well documented...right?

Call to Arms is an area of the game that would benefit greatly from a FAQ.  As composed now, lots of the decisions leave me scratching my head.  Feels like I am playing with half a deck anytime I play any other way than the original CtA rules sans the additional Goblin, Dwarf, and Human cards given by the latest figure expansions.  I love Call to Arms, but have been disappointed by the implementation of the "new" CtA cards.  I was hoping for race specific deployment decks, or at least a smoother integration of the new units within the existing decks.  Code of Chivalry is the biggest offender, simply adding one card to each of the six decks.  Waiting to see if this is just a temporary deal or the final product.

And, out on a limb here, but you don't (or didn't, as is the case with me) happen to be a regular on the HeroScaper forums, do you?

#82 Taeblewalker

Taeblewalker

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

I am in fact on Heroscapers.

#83 erikwm

erikwm

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

When is battlelore being reprinted? If ever?

#84 toddrew

toddrew

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Not sure if there will ever be a reprinting, but very soon (weeks? couple of months?) the "repurposed" formerly-French sets should be released.  I believe they are supposed to come with English Language cards substituted for the French cards.  Possibly the last chance to get the game as Days of Wonder released it?

All of the expansions released under DoW should also be available.

#85 Cigal

Cigal

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

OK, I'm just back in the BL game and I was interested in the comprehensive FAQ but there's no FAQ at the end of the day!!! It could have been great for me to get up to date with everything. Hope that they will tell us more about the future. A comprehensive FAQ with a Campaign book... that would be nice!

#86 dystopialand

dystopialand

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

It's now 2012. I guess the obligatory post needs to be made asking will this FAQ ever be completed, or has it been abandoned and left to drift in limbo as seemingly everything else concerning Battlelore has been?

#87 Autobot Tran

Autobot Tran

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

hey i just bought battlelore base set. I had a question about support from similar color banners. In the rulebook it says a model is bold (has support) if it has 2 adjacent models with the same banner. In all the examples that i have found online and in the rulebook it shows the "triangle formation" where all three units would be bold because of support.

My question is if you had 3 models in a line adjacent to eachother (unit ABC)would B be bold while A and C arent? does this also count as a support formation? Also if that is true could you in theory have 6 models of the same banner be in a line so that all the middle ones would be bold and the outside ones not? 

Thank you!

#88 LurchBrick

LurchBrick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yes, that is correct.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS