Photo

The let's complain about how it has been ____ weeks/months with no previews thread!!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

Today, marks seven months since Descent 2nd Edition's announcement with no website previews!

Time to sick the a few hell hounds on the marketing folks?

#22 Proto Persona

Proto Persona

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

You're going all out with bumping this thread aren't you?

#23 Mistersam

Mistersam

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

I come here 4 or 5 time a week just to see if we have news on this game...

7 months already? Just tell us when you gonna start showing something hehe

#24 z22

z22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm hoping the long and quiet delay is a signal that they are putting far more time and effort into (all absent in Descent 1):

• Making the game balanced
  • Creating rules that cover all conditions
  • Streamlining gameplay so it doesn't take a long time to setup, play, and break down

#25 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Dam can't wait for this game, a sure buy for me.  Never played the first edition and am a little reluctant to buy it since my group have chaotic free time and would not want to only play this once or twice a year because of the lenght of the games.

But this 2nd edition is sure looking nice!

Question: Can you play without an Overlord? Like in a 2-player game, can both players play Heroes and quest together/against?

#26 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

SolennelBern said:

Question: Can you play without an Overlord? Like in a 2-player game, can both players play Heroes and quest together/against?

No you cannot, Descent requires you play with an Overlord.  There are some fanmade solo/co-op rules, but I cannot say if they are much good or not.

#27 Aaediyen

Aaediyen

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

As long as the rules are concrete they can take all the time they want. We were playing Sea of Blood tonight and I had to fudge a bunch of house rules with the Kraken luitenant because it is just a complete mess.

By the way, I am in the Diablo 3 beta. I cannot really talk about it, but if the rest of the game is as amazing as the first act, it will be one of the greatest games of all time.

#28 z22

z22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Aaediyen said:

As long as the rules are concrete they can take all the time they want. We were playing Sea of Blood tonight and I had to fudge a bunch of house rules with the Kraken luitenant because it is just a complete mess.

We played Sea of Blood twice before putting it away for good due to numerous rules issues and lack of support from FFG. I had hopes for a better rulebook than The Road to Legend but in many cases it was as bad or worse.  :(

#29 Sausageman

Sausageman

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

z22 said:

Aaediyen said:

We played Sea of Blood twice before putting it away for good due to numerous rules issues and lack of support from FFG. I had hopes for a better rulebook than The Road to Legend but in many cases it was as bad or worse.  :(

We canned our Seas of Blood campaign too.  When I first read through the rules, it seemed like they'd cleared up all the rules issues issues, but playing through it, it became apparent that there were far more there.  The kraken, as mentioned, was a complete mess, but just the see 'stuff' in general was borked, and having the start of every dungeon be a fixed island seemed like a great idea, until you realise the abusive trees are there for every dungeon.... *sob*

If we ever do another campaign, we'll use Road to Legend again, for sure.  There are just too many issues with Seas...

#30 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hello, everyone.  I haven't yet posted in this forum, but I've been looking forward to this game (although I've never played the first edition).  There is a sizeable chance that this means precisely nothing, but I thought I would post with a bit of speculation: namely, that Infiltration, which was announced as being at the printers' three days after Descent Second Edition, has just had its first preview.  Could this mean Descent previews are on the way...?  I have no idea.  But it's a nice thought.

#31 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Walk said:

Hello, everyone.  I haven't yet posted in this forum, but I've been looking forward to this game (although I've never played the first edition).  There is a sizeable chance that this means precisely nothing, but I thought I would post with a bit of speculation: namely, that Infiltration, which was announced as being at the printers' three days after Descent Second Edition, has just had its first preview.  Could this mean Descent previews are on the way...?  I have no idea.  But it's a nice thought.

Descent will probably take a lot longer to print than Infiltration.

#32 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Indubitably.  I just meant that we might hopefully see some previews soon.  If Infiltration is indeed still printing, they probably just took a number of compononents from the print run (or used mock-ups) and took photos of them for the preview.  They could do the same for Descent.  Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking, as I said.

#33 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Walk said:

It's a nice thought...

...but I'm still expecting an April 1st post saying that Descent 2e is out in stores now.

#34 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Walk said:

Indubitably.  I just meant that we might hopefully see some previews soon.  If Infiltration is indeed still printing, they probably just took a number of compononents from the print run (or used mock-ups) and took photos of them for the preview.  They could do the same for Descent.  Of course, this is probably just wishful thinking, as I said.

Most of the promo shots for FFG games are CGI, not photographs.  Just look at the preview images - does any of it look remotely "real" to you?

#35 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yes, all the promo shots, especialy those in the movies are all CGI. But at GenCon 2011 there was a printed prototype of the box and inserts with tokens and map pieces.

I got a funny feeling that this topic will be one of the longest and most visited here.

Even Infiltration got a preview, and Fortress America is on the boat and those were annouced later then Descent 2ed.  And we are getting nothing?

Where are those previews FFG? The 2Q has started so when will we see somethig from this game?

#36 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Ok, so April's Fool is now behind us and nothing new about De Scent...(yes, pun intended, and it's starting to fouly smell).

*** For the French allergic, "De" means "The" ***

We're now officially started the impatient customer mood machine with 2 threads speaking about the lack of news since the august 2011 annoucement. 

I don't get the behavior really.  Why would a supposedly serious, and one of the biggest in the industry, company would act like that and don't give a F about it's fan base and customers?  What's the point and what do they get out of this?  Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds? What it's worth to push us aside?  Are we that expandable? What's the secret of the caramilk? Is the secret Big Mac sauce really is sauce?

How about a simple and well respected Mea Culpa saying "Hey guys, sorry about the lack of Descent news but we're made a pact with Terrinoth's oldest and cunniest demon and we can't break the oath.  If we do, we'll make games including wooden animals and thin tokens for the rest of our careers!!!"

I don't think we're asking for much and almost 8 months of nothing, a "Sorry but this information is not available" is not acceptable.

#37 Jafix

Jafix

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

I tottaly agree!

One silly sentences will do much more then this silence we are experiencing :( Sad is, i will still definetly buy this game.  Iam feeling like junkie who is repeatedly beated by his dealer but still coming for more stuff. 

Well, it this keep up, i can write descent 2 on my christmass wish list :)

#38 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

SolennelBern said:

Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds?

How about a simple and well respected Mea Culpa saying "Hey guys, sorry about the lack of Descent news but we're made a pact with Terrinoth's oldest and cunniest demon and we can't break the oath.  If we do, we'll make games including wooden animals and thin tokens for the rest of our careers!!!"

I don't agree, sir...

...I believe Great CTHULHU is the corporate horror that they've tied themselves to.

#39 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Doc Belmont said:

SolennelBern said:

Are they tied to some dark pact with another ethereal entity to not let anything out about Descent 2nd on penalty of being transofrmed into talking toads and losing all their stuff for 3 rounds?

I don't agree, sir...

...I believe Great CTHULHU is the corporate horror that they've tied themselves to.

That would explain many things! I think you're right!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh

#40 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

We are now at 8 months and no previews!

It seems FFG played a "Gust of Winds" Overlord card on us!  That is why our torches have been blown out and we are crawling through the dark for any information!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS