Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 la1cajun

la1cajun

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Does it work for MAc

#62 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

yes, it is in fact a native mac app that is ported to PC.. it also runs on Linux and iPad
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#63 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

How big a screen do you need to comfortably play this game?
"Finally!" - Nalir the Dwarf

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#64 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Ok, I got it working. A 13" screen is kinda small, but doable. Not all of the last cycle are out yet, but it's fairly complete.

How do I flip a card over (like a shadow card or quest card)? With the Cthulhu plugin I just right click and "turn over", but that option isn't there for LOTR.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#65 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

there is a full instructions on the first page.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#66 oldoly

oldoly

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys. I am having trouble finding a plugin for this game...playing on a Mac so I guess that find plugin button is gone. I was just going to give up but thought I would check here first. Anyone have a plugin they could link me to?

#67 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

At work now, but I'll link you this evening.

#68 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

http://dl.dropboxuse.../updatelist.txt

#69 oldoly

oldoly

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thank you so much

#70 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Lord of the Ring: The Card Game

- LackeyCCG Plugin Version 6 -

Hey guys.. long time n see. I am technically on holidays but as I am spending a lot of time on trains and planes and while I had all that time I have been updating the LoTR Plugin on my laptop and playing it a ton...Woot-a-loot-a-lot!

This is BETA... I'll be doing small tweaks as I play, as I travel. So let me know if there are any problems.. may take a little while to settle down. There is a lot of changes. Still everything is going well and it is now fully uptodate with the current release.. apart form the 3 new nightmares that I will add when I get some time. Remember the 6 month wait thing going on for cards that FFG ask for.. I'm still honouring their wishes in this matter.

For Detailed Install Instructions see the bottom of the Post... for the rest... here is the Plugin Link!.. just copy the link (right click copy url) and paste it into the LackeyCCG plugin installer.

Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG) - LackeyCCG Plugin Version 6

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH
--Tragic

YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE OLD PLUGIN FOLDER AND REINSTALL
- This is nearly a full re-write of the plugin -

!! Use latest version of LackeyCCG !!

REMOVED COMPLETELY

• Time is a real issue for me nowadays and the data entry of this plugin is a chore that borders on work. I do not know how Trevor dose it programing the LackeyCCG himself. He is a saint. To that end. I will NO LONGER be entering all the physical data for the 100s of cards beyond the Name, Number of Copies and Sphere / Encounter set / Type. This is all the info you need to build decks in game, though I would recommend using Zorbec's Deck Builder anyway. This will massively reduce the work load for me and increase my will to get off my butt and do a release! If anyone wants to finish the data entry for me on the provided files I will add it to the official release
  • I have completely dispensed with the various resolutions. Now everything is MAX resolution only.
  • I've changed the naming convention for the Encounter decks. I think this way is much better
    • All decks have a full stop at the start. This will ensure they are all grouped at the top of the file list and any new decks will be below them
    • All decks are numbered near the order of the original release scheduled. The pattern seams to be "Deluxe Expansion, 6x Adventure Packs, Print on Demand, Saga" Nightmare and Easy Mode decks will also follow the same order. There are no Easy or Nightmare versions of Print on Demand decks so far
    • "Normal" decks have no letter in front of them.
    • "Easy Mode" decks all have the Letter "E" at the start
    • "Nightmare" decks all have the letter "N" at the start
    • "Custom Quests" decks all have "Custom" at the start

CHANGES

• I have removed completely the various resolutions. Now everything is MAX.
  • I have adjusted all the Quest Cards in a way so that they now scale with the Lackey Card Viewer. So you can scale the quest cards like any other using the viewer. This uses PNG files and can make using your own replacements harder to construct, but as they are just Quest cards this is a small problem as you own the cards already right? See below for more details.
    I have re-built form scratch ALL the encounter decks... Easy, Normal, Nightmare and Customs. There may be some errors even though I was careful.. please let me know if you find any.
  • A number of cards have had slight name tweaks to make them unique (Lackey can not handle non-unique card names). All cards should load correctly now. Zorbec will take my name changes into account during his next update to retain compatibility with the Lackey export function.
  • All custom cards now have CUSTOM before their name, and other major deck builder values so they are extremely easy to see and not get confused with official sets.
  • The keyboard functions have been changed. Make sure you read the keyboard layout section of the post or go into options/keybindings and set them to your own desires.
  • The 3 Helper Card Tokens are now normal "extra" tokens that appear on the bottom right side of the a tall card. This is so you now have a total of 6 generic tokens to use as you will on all cards rather than only 3 like before (not including Resources, Questing and Wounds)
  • The "Helper Card" to match the new tokens. It is now vertical and sized so the new position of the helper tokens fit on it.

ADDED

• Against the Shadow 2/6 : The Drúadan Forest
  • Against the Shadow 3/6 : Encounter at Amon Dîn
  • Against the Shadow 4/6 : Assault on Osgiliath
  • Against the Shadow 5/6 : The Blood of Gondor
  • Against the Shadow 6/6 : The Morgul Vale
  • Saga Explanation 3: The Lord of the Rings 1/?? : The Black Riders
  • Nightmare : Passage though Mirkwood
  • Nightmare : Journey down the Anduin
  • Nightmare : Escape from Dol Guldur
  • Print on Demand 3 - The Stone of Erech
  • Constructed a LoTR Theme to go with the plugin and the new skinning features of LackeyCCG.
  • Custom : The Will of Isengard (WoI : Part 1/?)
  • Custom : A New Power is Rising (WoI: Part 2/?)

NO LONGER CENSORED

• Against the Shadow 2/6 : The Drúadan Forest
  • Against the Shadow 3/6 : Encounter at Amon Dîn
  • Against the Shadow 4/6 : Assault on Osgiliath
  • Nightmare : Passage though Mirkwood
  • Nightmare : Journey down the Anduin
  • Nightmare : Escape from Dol Guldur

UNCENSORING SCHEDULED

• Saga Explanation 3: The Lord of the Rings 1/?? : The Black Riders
    • Released: 9/13
    • Uncensored: 3/14
  • Against the Shadow 5/6 : The Blood of Gondor
    • Released: 10/13
    • Uncensored: 4/14
  • Print on Demand 3 - The Stone of Erech
    • Released: 10/13
    • Uncensored: 04/14
  • Against the Shadow 6/6 : The Morgul Vale
    • Released: 11/13
    • Uncensored: 05/14

KeyBoard Functions

You can set your own keyboard functions to anything you wish, by clicking PREFERENCES button and then clicking KEYBINDINGS. These are just what I use. Feel free to change ANY button but the F!! and the F12.. if you change these you will break some of the scripting functions. Remember you can always update form the url at any time to reset everything to defaults.

Keybindings in Lackey are pervasive across the application, so if you use "t" for take control, then every time you type "t" in the chat window it will trigger the hotkey. So I am using SHIFT+T and CTRL+T to turn On and Off tokens. There is a bug in LackeyCCG at the moment that makes windows systems beep if you use ALT+t.... so for now it is SHIFT+T.. but will go back to ALT once the bug is fixed.

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

] = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
[ = Last Phase
F4 = Advance Turn

F3 = Draw Quest Card
F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F12 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

SHIFT+T = Take Control of Card

SHIFT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

SHIFT+A / CRT+A = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+S / CRT+S = Red Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+D / CRT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

SHIFT+Z / CRT+Z = Blue Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+X / CRT+X = Cross Generic Token (Add / Remove)
SHIFT+C / CRT+C = Green Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CTRL+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

SHIFT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
SHIFT+F = Flip Coin

For the record I change the hotkeys so they do not use the SHIFT modifiers, as I always use a voice communication and never use the chat window anyway.

There is are some helpful BUTTONS near the chat window.

SAVE - Save the current state of the game
LOAD - Load saved game
DRAW 6 - Shuffle your deck, then draw 6 Cards, then announce in chat you are drawing your star hand
Mulligan - Announce a Mulligan, then discard hand, shuffle deck, draw 6 cards

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of console commands to let you do awesome stuff... see the full list at lackeyccg.com! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)
/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"

Detailed Set up Instructions

After download and install the application, Click the PLUGIN tab at the top of the screen.
Untitled_2.jpg

Now copy this link: Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG) - LackeyCCG Plugin Version 6

Use "right click / copy link" to do this.

Back in lackey click the "Paste Auto Update URL" and it will be pasted in.. then click the INSTALL BUTTON.
Untitled_3.jpg

That is it.. the plug in will now work!! All you need to do is tweak a few things to get the most out of it...

Optional Tweaks After Install

Make sure you go into preferences / player profile and set up your server user name and choose a avatar. Otherwise you can not play multiplayer
image.jpg

In Appearence, UNTICK "Mark Card Viewer Image Pop Out on Mouse Over"
Untitled_5.jpg

In Performance set it to HIGH!
Untitled_7.jpg

In Miscellaneous set the tick boxes to this image!
image.jpg

Wow.. wtf! lol... well that it is.. hope you have fun guys!

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH
--Tragic

• Bullroarer Took and tomtom like this

#71 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for all the work Tragic.

#72 oldoly

oldoly

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Yes, thank you!

#73 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

Tragic, it appears the link doesn't work any more.  I've tried to download the plugin into a fresh install of LackeyCCG and I get Error Timeout.

Just to be sure I installed a different plugin and it worked without any problems.

Any help is appreciated!

#74 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

um, link appears to be working for me... 

download the app here

http://www.lackeyccg.../downloads.html

And paste this link into the plugin thing

On a side note a massive update is incomming with the rest of the nightmares and the big custom packs

Edited by TragicTheBlathering, 14 July 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#75 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Still doesn't work for me...strange:

LackeyCCG Build Date 7-13-14

Error message:

Updating plugin from URL:https://dl.dropboxus...datelist.txt...

Error: timed out while updating the plugin

#76 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

drop the https:// to http:// you know like in all the links provided. Just remove the "s"

Use RIGHT CLICK  COPY LINK... like it says in the instructions NOT clicking the link then copying it form the URL bar, as it will put the "s" back in.

#77 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Still doesn't work for me...strange:

LackeyCCG Build Date 7-13-14

Error message:

Updating plugin from URL:https://dl.dropboxus...datelist.txt...

Error: timed out while updating the plugin

Hmm, I think you may have a point here.. It looks like DropBox is enforcing the HTTP:// stuff. What Booored says but this could be the problem but dropbox is forcing it so removing the S has no effect anymore.

Trevor is working on a hotfix... there is apparently a beta  version of lackey with this problem fixed.. but I can nto find the link! I'll get back to you.

#78 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Tragic,

A couple of notes:

I've tried both https and http.  Drop box redirects to https if you try to use http so that's why I indicated https in the link.  However, neither work as you noticed.

The ZIP file used for LackeyCCG does not properly unzip using the standard Windows file zip tool (Windows 7).  You get error messages about not being able to encrypt the folders.  Not really a problem because I use 7zip as well which handled the file just fine.  Just note that some users may have problems and it may generate more questions for the developer of Lackey.

I patiently and eagerly await the new version of Lackey with the fix.  Until then, I thank you, Tragic, for looking into this!

#79 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

not sure about the zip thing, but the deal was LackeyCCG is in fact a native MAC application. Trevor got it working again with DropBox and marked it "done" but the windows version didn't work and he only noticed recently. It will be fixed asap in the next update.

#80 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

Trevor has fixed the https thing.. it should work now!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS