Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Can i ask when the scheduled update for JtR is going to be?

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#22 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

some time early  next month... as you know.. I release one pack a month.. .. .  

#23 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sorry, i didn't realize you were on that same schedule. Thank you for the heads up.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#24 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

UPDATE - Version 2.3

• ADDED: - A.Journey.to.Rhosgobel Adventure Pack
  • ADDED: - Custom Quest by John Davis - Sarn Gorwing
  • ADDED: - Key-Binding Control for NEXT TURN (F7 default)
  • CHANGED: - Resource Font Text to Yellow (easier to read)
  • CHANGED: - Renamed the Ninjadorg Custom Quests. (Please Delete the old ones, or you will have 2)
  • CHANGED: - A Ton of behind the Scene Stuff
  • FIXED: - The Custom Hero "Erestor" now displays the correct card. (thanks to Sylvicolus for pointing this out)

Ok well that is it.. hope you like it.. this is one of the hardest quest in the game so far, especially when you have the limited card pool that is currently available in lackey.. please try to refrain from punching your computer monitor!

Please let me know if there are any problems.

NOTE: - LackeyCCG is having some extensive work done it at the application level by Trevor. I have been playing with the beta and I am happy to tell you that the "Reveal X cards" on the encounter deck button is 98% working and will most lily be released by the next AP! As well as a number of other small bugs with the encounter deck, like the log not displaying "shuffle" when someone shuffles the deck. The new lackey is not out yet.. but will be soon.

NOTE 2: - All 4 Versions of the plugin will now show in the Plugin Install area. The versions just control resolution and they are MAX, HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW. One of the buttons is slightly cut off, this is the MAX version.. you can still click the button though. (this is on the 2 fix list and will be done soon) 

#25 Sylvicolus

Sylvicolus

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks!

For NinjaDorg quests, I assume the ND1 - ND6 are the old ones to delete?

These 3 don't have the quest cards in the deck file when you choose them, though the quest cards can be found by searching the bottom window.
00.2.1-The.Old.Forest
00.2.6-Branching.Paths
00.3-Sarn.Gorwing

#26 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

UPDATE: - Version 2.4[list]

• ADDED: - The Hills of Emyn Muil
  • ADDED:- The Massing at Osgiliath
  • ADDED:- Custom Card Tokens
  • ADDED:- Custom Arrow Markers
  • FIXED:- Text Counters for Helper Card

So this is a big update. Including The Hills of Emyn Muil and The Massing at Osgiliath!! Also there have been some big changes a the application level of LackeyCCG from the developer as well....

Most notable is the inclusion of COUNTER IMAGES....

counters

So you add counters just as b4, but now it will add the counters form the real game, 1st counter will look like the Witch King card, and as you add more counters text will appear on top of the counter like this. This should mean that no matter the card art, the counters should always be easy to read!

If for any reason your counters are to small and the text is not on top of them (due to scale and monitor issues) there is an option in the PREFERENCES under the APPEARANCE tab where you can set the scale of the counters from 20% to something higher.

options

Also for you solo players. You can now add as many players as you like to a solo game! Just right click on the TEST DUMMY player and select ADD SEAT and a new dummy will be added. This is great for deck testing if you are building a 2 or 3 player deck, or just want to play a 2 or 3 deck solo game.

bots

Once you are playing, just select yourself in the list (the top one) and use these arrow keys to access the other decks!!

bots2

Also there is a TON of cool /commands for the chat window... so many I can not list them all but some really awesome ones are

/chooseplayer (select a player at random to go first)
/senddeck S (This will send you current deck to the other player neat way of sharing decks if your playing with randoms)

I'm pretty busy nowdays so my videos might be slow.. but I will be doing an updated tutorial that should be way more simple and short and easy to reference with how to use the plugin...

Anyway.. hope you guys like it.. let me know as always if there are any problems!!!

Have fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic 

#27 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi ya tragic, i really enjoy your play through videos. They have helped me a lot gaining various skills on card use as ive only been playing 3 months. Have you got any plans to do a solo Escape from Dol Guldur vid as i havent won in 20 attempts. Im gradually buying APs which are expanding my deck choices but this quest is still a pig. Cheers and thanks for doing the vids.

#28 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

UPDATE - Version 2.4.1

• ADDED: - Hover Card Function (Right Click on Card to access it)
  • ADDED:- New Generic Counter for "reminders"
  • FIXED:- Card Image for Descendant and Gildor now display correctly
  • FIXED:- Wandering Took is back in the Leadership sphere
  • CHANGE:- Tweaked the resource icon counter image

== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- ==

This update changed some fundamental organization of various things behind the scenes to do with function, this WILL effect your keybindings. So after this update, make sure you go into PREFRENCES/KEYBINDINGS and make sure everything is as you want it.

Another way to get your bindings fixed easily is to to go into your LackeyCCG directory and finding this file....

*LackeyCCG Directory*/plugins/LoTRlcg/pluginpreferences.txt

Then delete it. Now next time LackeyCCG loads it will use the default keybindings I set up for you.

== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == 

Ok, so what is becoming my regular 2nd update a day after the release of the main update due to all the errors people find it UP!!! Enjoy...

Big thanks to Bis2Fioute for pointing out that Descendant and Gildor card images were reversed.. so that is fixed...

Also Duke of Lizards (awesom-o name btw) asked:

• "every time I play an attachment, it ends up covering up a hero. Then I select the hero, drag him around and put him back on top. This quickly becomes unwieldy with 4 or 5 attachments to order. Is there a faster way to handle this?"

And I responded:

• um.. I'm not sure... I do not find it a problem in any way personally, in fact I like it like this as it is exactly how real cards work... Basically I just drag select the cards on the table and move them to the side and place the new card, then drag the stacks of stuff with the hero at the top and then place it again. There used to be options in lackey to set it so that placing a card will always go to the bottom, but these options seam to be gone. There is a option called HOVER I have not set up that I can add to the card functions that will make a card unselectable... but all cards will be placed on table go under it... this might be a option... I'll look into this for you.

So I looked into it and it worked pretty neat.. so I did it!!! WOOOT

So if you select a card and hit ALT+H (default binding) or right click on the card and select HOVER it will raise that card into the air, off the table. Now any card that is put on it, will go underneath. You can tap and add counters while it is hovering if you like so you can always have it hovering, or you can raise it up, then place your attachments then drop it on the table and it will land on top of everything.

Also, I added a new counter for "reminders" here are a 3 examples of how it is meant to be used.....

cards

As you can see it is just a nice bright generic counter you can use to track modified stats, like in this example Gimli has 3 wounds, so he is now hitting for 5. So this counter is just to remind us of that. The Hunter card has a "4" on it.. cause there is 1 Clue token in play, witch gives him +2 attack / Defense... again just to remind us. And on the Quest card, I use this counter to denote victory points....

Anyway... this is about it I think!!

Please let me know if there are any more errors!!

Have Fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic

Ted Sandyman said:

Hi ya tragic, i really enjoy your play through videos. They have helped me a lot gaining various skills on card use as ive only been playing 3 months. Have you got any plans to do a solo Escape from Dol Guldur vid as i havent won in 20 attempts. Im gradually buying APs which are expanding my deck choices but this quest is still a pig. Cheers and thanks for doing the vids.

Thanks man!! I appreciate that.

I do get asked for a Dol Guldur video a lot, and I will do one, but not until I have access to the Khazad Dum card pool. This quest is just to hard for me to play solo especially with play a limited card pool. I know it is beatable and stuff.. but I simply do not enjoy playing it.

Though once the card pool gets bigger I will post a video for that quest... and I should get around to the other quest as well. Like after Khazs solo players have the good to run Guldur and it is a very fun solo quest now imo.. just not back in the day. I think a lot of the "hard" quests will be like this as the card pool gets larger.. bringing life to old quests.

#29 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

Wandering Took is from the spirit sphere....

#30 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

muemakan said:

Wandering Took is from the spirit sphere....

I meant Keen-Eyed Took... sorry

#31 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Been away for a while.. sorry about the delay.. here are the 2 packs for last month and this month!

Please contact me though replying to this a thread or a PM or w/e to let me know if there are any errors.

Version 2.6 - The end of the Mirkwood Cycle

• ADDED:- The Dead marshes
  • ADDED:- Return to Mirkwood 

#32 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server … just remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (<lackeyccg root>pluginsLoTRlcg)

Version 3.0

• ADDED:- Khazad-dum Big Box Expansion
  • ADDED - Feonix's custom scenario #4 - Raid on the River Carnen
  • FIXED - Song of Mocking is now in correct Tactics Sphere
  • FIXED - Counter Image Error some people were having
  • FIXED - Default Key Binding file is now working correctly

Please let me know if anything needs fixing!!

Hi guys!! Yes Khaz is a month early!! woot… but I will be busy so here it is now!! Have fun and go bash those orcs!!! This will be the last update for a while as there was a break in release over Christmas of LoTRlcg… The 1st Pack of Darrowdelf was released on March 2012… So this means I'll be releasing that pack in September.. so in 3 months!! Do not worry I plan to do some cool stuff on this still as in I will be adding lost of Custom Quests!

-----------------

Speaking of Custom Quests, the guy that did "The Barrowdowns" arguably one of the best quest for LoTRs including the official ones has made a new quest and I have added it to LackeyCCG.

Read all about it here!!

Again it is a fantastic quest and easy to print out.. in fact I might make a video on how to easily make a custom card pack wit hout a lot of pain. One of the cool things is this time he has made a entirly unique encounter deck (like Massing uses) so there is no problem with mixing encounter cards and them looking slightly different.

Anyway, that has been added to lackeyCCG anyway and i strongly suggest you check it out!

-----------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings … they should now be all working …

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

ALT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+A / CRT+A = Helper Card Counter 1 (Add / Remove)
ALT+S / CRT+S = Helper Card Counter 2 (Add / Remove)
ALT+D / CRT+D = Helper Card Counter 3 (Add / Remove)

ALT+Z / CRT+Z = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+X / CRT+X = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+C / CRT+C = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+V = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CRT+V = Clear Markings

ALT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of consol commands to let you do awesome stuff… see the full list here! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)

/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"

#33 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server … just remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (pluginsLoTRlcg)

Version 3.1

ADDED:- Orc Hunt (Custom Quest)
ADDED - The Fall of Dale (Custom Quest)
ADDED - Eagle Token (For Eagles of Misty Mountains)
CHANGED -All Players now sit on same side of table (Should make it better for solo players running multiple decks)
CHANGED -Eagle Tokens used to Eagle player card backs
REMOVED - Progress, Wound and Quest Token from Token Area

Please let me know if anything needs fixing!!

Guys I know Vassel and OTGN2 have more current cards. The plug makers do this against the express wishes of FFG and are basically pirates and being illegal. My plugin conforms with the requirement to wait 6 months after the real cards are released b4 releasing the virtual cards.

I'm not going to release them faster.. please stop asking! You may use OTGN or Vassel if you have no moral problems with disregarding the wishes of the designers.  month  

As there was a break in release over last Christmas of LoTRlcg… The 1st Pack of Darrowdelf was released on March 2012… So this means I'll be releasing that pack in September! Do not worry I plan to do some cool stuff on this still as in I will be adding lost of Custom Quests!

---------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings … they should now be all working …

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

ALT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+A / CRT+A = Helper Card Counter 1 (Add / Remove)
ALT+S / CRT+S = Helper Card Counter 2 (Add / Remove)
ALT+D / CRT+D = Helper Card Counter 3 (Add / Remove)

ALT+Z / CRT+Z = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+X / CRT+X = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+C / CRT+C = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+V = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CRT+V = Clear Markings
ALT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of consol commands to let you do awesome stuff… see the full list here! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)
/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"

#34 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

You are the man :) thanks for doing this. And thanks for following the wishes of FFG. Real fans of the game would not stoop to the level of playing any pirated versions of it I hope. In fact I hope that if the two other versions are pirated that people will boycott them as soon as they find out. Again, thanks for your awesome work and great attitude :)

#35 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

The eagle card backs are great! :-)

#36 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#37 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hey Tragic.

It's super that the players now sit at the same site of the table in your new update. But it seems there's a problem regarding save games. After update when I load a saved game it's all screwed up. Like Heroes replaced with quest and encounter deck cards from the custom quest cards. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin severel times now but it's the same every time. The save games are ok in the old version but everytime I update they gets all screwed up. And it's the same cards that are replaced/replacing the cards every time. Any ideas why? Of cause I can play with the old version and just use the plugininfo.txt from the new update but it would be nice if it could be fixed for the future, as I also have to copy all custom cards manually. And I'll miss any other changes made prbably. And I like to collect so I try to have all cards in all 4 resolutions all time :)

Also, the problem with the helper card is still there. Don't know if you got my note about it last time, but here it is again :) The helper card values doesn't ever show up when it's 1. You won't see turn 1, will 1 or threat 1. When you get to 2 and more it's okay but for some reason the 1 doesn't show.

Oh, and the tokens are there still under the token fan…not that it really matters :) just wanted to mention it if it means anything for you.

I have the mac version so it might just be in this version that there are some bugs.

All for now. Great plugin. This makes me play the game even more often than before and is developing me as a gamer. Thanks man

#38 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

mr.thomasschmidt said:

Hey Tragic.

It's super that the players now sit at the same site of the table in your new update. But it seems there's a problem regarding save games. After update when I load a saved game it's all screwed up. Like Heroes replaced with quest and encounter deck cards from the custom quest cards. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin severel times now but it's the same every time. The save games are ok in the old version but everytime I update they gets all screwed up. And it's the same cards that are replaced/replacing the cards every time. Any ideas why? Of cause I can play with the old version and just use the plugininfo.txt from the new update but it would be nice if it could be fixed for the future, as I also have to copy all custom cards manually. And I'll miss any other changes made prbably. And I like to collect so I try to have all cards in all 4 resolutions all time :)

Also, the problem with the helper card is still there. Don't know if you got my note about it last time, but here it is again :) The helper card values doesn't ever show up when it's 1. You won't see turn 1, will 1 or threat 1. When you get to 2 and more it's okay but for some reason the 1 doesn't show.

Oh, and the tokens are there still under the token fan…not that it really matters :) just wanted to mention it if it means anything for you.

I have the mac version so it might just be in this version that there are some bugs.

All for now. Great plugin. This makes me play the game even more often than before and is developing me as a gamer. Thanks man

Hi Tragic.
I have tested your new update and it's just awesome the way you can now play two player at the same side of the table. But I have some problems after you added the latest custom quests. Now when I load my older decks or save games it's all screwed up. Heroes get exchanged with encounter cards and quest cards and the like. I have deleted the plugin severel times but it's stil the same. Also, I think you misunderstood me in my earlier post. My point was that in your videos when you use the helper card you can use the number "1" both in turn 1 , 1 will power or 1 threat. But when I do it it's just blank. Nothing happens until I get to "2".

Kind regs and looking forward to getting the Dwerowdwelf AP's when it's legal around sep/oct

#39 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I strongly recommend you simply delete the plugin folder and then do a fresh install form the menu… This will fix all these "issues"

mr.thomasschmidt said:

lso, the problem with the helper card is still there. Don't know if you got my note about it last time, but here it is again :) The helper card values doesn't ever show up when it's 1. You won't see turn 1, will 1 or threat 1. When you get to 2 and more it's okay but for some reason the 1 doesn't show.

LackeyCCG is a native Mac application in fact.. so that has no affect.

Still what you are seeing here is the fact that I am using these tokens in a way that is not strictly the way it was designed. The way LackeyCCG works is that you add one token and it shows an image of the token, then you add a 2nd token and it puts a number on top of that image.. as there are NO tokens for those helper values witch you use on the helper card .. number 1 is always invisible.. there is no immediate way around this… and I have nvr considered it a problem to be bothered fixing.. though I have an idea of a way I can adjust this if it is a real pain.. but as I said.. i do not think it is a issue..

mr.thomasschmidt said:

But it seems there's a problem regarding save games. After update when I load a saved game it's all screwed up. Like Heroes replaced with quest and encounter deck cards from the custom quest cards. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin severel times now but it's the same every time. The save games are ok in the old version but everytime I update they gets all screwed up. And it's the same cards that are replaced/replacing the cards every time. Any ideas why? Of cause I can play with the old version and just use the plugininfo.txt from the new update but it would be nice if it could be fixed for the future, as I also have to copy all custom cards manually. And I'll miss any other changes made prbably. And I like to collect so I try to have all cards in all 4 resolutions all time :)

I didn't want to implement any deletion stuff into the update as many people like to mod the plugin to add there own stuff.. If those icons are still showing in the token area it is as the images are there from the last time you installed it. This doesn't effect it at all.It seems there's a problem regarding save games. After update when I load a saved game it's all screwed up. Like Heroes replaced with quest and encounter deck cards from the custom quest cards. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin severel times now but it's the same every time. The save games are ok in the old version but everytime I update they gets all screwed up. And it's the same cards that are replaced/replacing the cards every time. Any ideas why? Of cause I can play with the old version and just use the plugininfo.txt from the new update but it would be nice if it could be fixed for the future, as I also have to copy all custom cards manually. And I'll miss any other changes made prbably. And I like to collect so I try to have all cards in all 4 resolutions all time :)[/quote]

I am not 100% sure what you mean here, but it may be simply that old save games are not compatible with the update. There was some changes to the card names themselves in some cases to allow for the use of cards that have the exact same name (way to go FFG lol) .. so these might be the cards you have that are acting wrong.

Still save games work.. just make new ones. I do not think you will be able to load your older save games is all.

#40 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Okay, got it :) I'll try the update again and make a save game through this new update and see what happens. As for the helper card it's not a big issue. I just saw you getting the first digit in your HFG YouTube video so I thought something might be wrong in the mac version. Strange huh? But I'm pretty sure we will survive without it ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS