Jump to content



Photo

Hitting Stores January


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Wheelz

Wheelz

    Member

  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

 Its on the calendar on boardgamegeek as Q2 2012 so I guess we're looking at June at the earliest :(



#22 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

Wheelz said:

 Its on the calendar on boardgamegeek as Q2 2012 so I guess we're looking at June at the earliest :(

Weird. Maybe they should have waited to announce the game.



#23 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Wheelz said:

 Its on the calendar on boardgamegeek as Q2 2012 so I guess we're looking at June at the earliest :(

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Breaking the year into quarters is far less ambiguous than saying "early" and the second quarter of the year is the second 3-month period of the year: April-May-June. My understanding then is that the earliest release would be April, 2012. When you said earliest would be June, were you being sarcastic, referring to the fact that FFG is consistently late on their products. If you were being sarcastic, I totally agree: we shouldn't expect it before June.

But I also want to point out that boardgamegeek is not unique in saying that 2nd quarter 2012 is the new release date. That is the expected release date that FFG posted in the "Upcoming" section of their website when they moved the game back into development earlier this month.

In response to Wheelz, I think they had to announce it when they did so that they could do play testing at GenCon. I'm sure that was a valuable learning experience for them that probably influenced this delay in the product release and will result in a much better product (i.e. they found problems that needed fixing). They couldn't play test and not announce it because word would have got out anyway. So while it is strange that we may end up waiting a full year between announcement and release, I think it kinda makes sense in this case.

On a side note, I've noticed how much people complain about the solo aspect of Lord of the Rings and I can't help wondering if they are altering the rules to make this game more solo-friendly. Just a thought.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#24 Wheelz

Wheelz

    Member

  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

 Yeah I was refering to, especially it seems in the UK, how things turn up late from FF. 



#25 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

    Member

  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

It may only be economical desision!

Big LOTR lcg expansion was just released, so it may be wise to wait one month or so. I  would put it out between Redhorn gate and Road to Rivendel. One reason could be that they want to have full first cycle of cards ready, before they release base game. Hard to say...

 



#26 David Spangler

David Spangler

    Member

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

Yes, I'm glad they're taking their time, too.  This could be a fabulous game, but not if it's buggy.  Take time, and may the Force be with them!



#27 jhaelen

jhaelen

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hannibal_pjv said:

It may only be economical desision!

Doubtful. I read some comments from one of the playtesters which indicated the gameplay simply didn't deliver. It's basically back to the drawing board.



#28 Grudunza

Grudunza

    Member

  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

jhaelen said:

 

Hannibal_pjv said:

 

It may only be economical desision!

 

Doubtful. I read some comments from one of the playtesters which indicated the gameplay simply didn't deliver. It's basically back to the drawing board.

 

 

 

I don't think so. Christian Petersen responded on BGG a while ago to say they stand behind "early 2012" (but to them that means "first half of 2012").  So, probably June 30 release. :o)

Also, every comment I've read here and on BGG from people playing the demos at Gencon and Essen has been extremely positive, with many saying it's better than the LOTR LCG (which is great, IMO).



#29 Grudunza

Grudunza

    Member

  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

Ah, then again, I didn't notice before that the status had changed from "at the printer" to "in development," and I think Christian Petersen's comment was made before that status change, so who knows... maybe it is being held up for retooling.



#30 booored

booored

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Budgernaut said:

On a side note, I've noticed how much people complain about the solo aspect of Lord of the Rings and I can't help wondering if they are altering the rules to make this game more solo-friendly. Just a thought.

solo in lotr is awesome... one of the best things about that game

Grudunza said:

jhaelen said:

 

Hannibal_pjv said:

 

It may only be economical desision!

 

Doubtful. I read some comments from one of the playtesters which indicated the gameplay simply didn't deliver. It's basically back to the drawing board.

 

 

 

I don't think so. Christian Petersen responded on BGG a while ago to say they stand behind "early 2012" (but to them that means "first half of 2012"). So, probably June 30 release. :o)

Also, every comment I've read here and on BGG from people playing the demos at Gencon and Essen has been extremely positive, with many saying it's better than the LOTR LCG (which is great, IMO).

yea, i havn't read any comments on bbg that are not super positive.


"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"




© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS