Changes to the Quest Log

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Bjorne

Bjorne

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

So, the way I understand this is that you are supposed to log the total team score, but do it several times if you are more than one player(deck), right?

Example, Adam and Anna get 150pts in total for one game (the combined team score). Anna logs the play as 2-players, 150pts and puts her heroes in. Adam logs the game as 2-players, 150pts and puts his heroes in.

Is this the right way to do it?

#22 Bjorne

Bjorne

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Plus,

There doesn't seem to be a way to see how many times you failed a quest. What is the point of being able to log failed quests if you can't see the full statistics afterwards?

#23 Ezel

Ezel

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

The quest log is the absolutely most interesting feature on this site for me (since the rules when signing up says this isn't for asking about rules, which in it self is strange).

But it leaves so much to offer! I really hope there will be some work done on it!

At the moment I think we all have to log our quests elsewhere in some way, paper or .txt-file, and hope features get added.

What bugged me today was that I, as a new player, didn't know about the revised scoring. So I did some quests, and learned the game, and finally completed the some quests, Hurray Hurray! So I wanted to log my games and learn about revised scoring and of course I haven't been counting turns! Darn!

Now, that my scores won't be counted since they don't fit the new scoring, that's fine with me (but might not be with others), but I of course still want to log my games and write a bit about what I did right/wrong and what tactics/strategy I tried to use and what was exacting in the game. But what score do I put in the score-field?
I tried leaving it empty, but that didn't work. O tried entering 9999 points but I guess that really screws up my stats. I tried entering 0 points but I guess that also screws with my stats (and is a real obtainable score also I think?).

Do I have to resort to GUESSING my score since I don't know how many turns? Or do I have to abandon my long musings about my early adventures in the game totally? What if the scoring changes again? Am I supposed to check this site before every time I play the game since the scoring-system might have changed since last time and my score-calculations might be useless?

Well. . That's one thing I think REALLY must be fixed!

And of course we also want to be able to enter the full deck one used and so on. . . ;-)

#24 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Bjorne said:

So, the way I understand this is that you are supposed to log the total team score, but do it several times if you are more than one player(deck), right?

Example, Adam and Anna get 150pts in total for one game (the combined team score). Anna logs the play as 2-players, 150pts and puts her heroes in. Adam logs the game as 2-players, 150pts and puts his heroes in.

Is this the right way to do it?

That's the same question I am wondering, or do we add the rounds to each players individual score? I play two decks so do I enter my group of heros twice?  Under the scoring system suggested by Bjorne, the players will have the same score.  But inwhat I suggested the players will have different scores.

I think bjorne is right, does anyone know for sure?  If this is the correct method it's annoying that I'd have to enter my two groups of heros as two different games even though they have the same score.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#25 harald85

harald85

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I have a question on the Quest Log for Quests where you lose. 

It appears you can enter a quest with a 'fail' result but then they don't seem to appear in your quest summary. Is there something I am missing or are they dismissed? 

Thanks! 

#26 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hmmm strange thing. Until now FFG still not add to the quest log Shadow and Flame and Hobbits quests. Why so long delay?

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#27 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Glaurung said:

Hmmm strange thing. Until now FFG still not add to the quest log Shadow and Flame and Hobbits quests. Why so long delay?

No heroes from them neither.

#28 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Has anyone contacted them directly to enquire about this?

does anyone know which email address we would need to use in order to do so?

#29 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Mighty Jim said:

Has anyone contacted them directly to enquire about this?

does anyone know which email address we would need to use in order to do so?

at the top of the page go ….more- contact ffg

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#30 Mako83

Mako83

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Quest Log updated ;-)

#31 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

I can't seem to find the quest log entry. Can anybody help?

Carlos José Matos

#32 John85

John85

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

CJMatos said:

I can't seem to find the quest log entry. Can anybody help?

It's under the "More…" 'tab' in the 'toolbar'

#33 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Recently I decided to log also failed quest for my own record keeping. Now it seems that the quest log does display them correctly (under logged quests) but it also does something weird. It assumes for some internal purposes that failed quest has a score of 50 and for this reason it does not highlight your best scores in green as it used to be (as long as you logged at least 1 fail and not achieved a score lower that 50 for a scenario).

If fails need to have a score for some internal application purpose it should assume the score of 1000 or so we can easily locate the attempts with best results for a given quest.

#34 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Has anyone else been having problems with this lately?

It still has all my quests logged, but in the summary screen it says that I've completed 0 quests (0%) and used each hero 0% of the time

#35 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Mighty Jim said:

It still has all my quests logged, but in the summary screen it says that I've completed 0 quests (0%) and used each hero 0% of the time

I've got exactly the same.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#36 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Haven't got any problems

Carlos José Matos

#37 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I tried using this for the first time yesterday and I thought I would share my thoughts with the community. I have to say I am completely under-whelmed with the quest log.

Firstly, in a two player game you have to enter each player's heros seperately. Which is fine but my partner does not have a FFG account (she uses me to source rules / queries etc.) I would much prefer to see all of the heros being logged in 2/3/4 player scenarios as it will make a huge difference depending on what sphere's they belong to and what their traits are as there is no way of linking accounts with the completed/failed quests in the log.

Secondly, I wanted to make a play by play account of our adventure. We played The Watcher in the Water (first time for playing that quest as well). We got lucky but still won with a very repectable score of 136 for two players. However there is no where to log what was revealed from the encounter deck, who played what card, who killed what etc. I had to resort to typing all of this information into the log which added about an hour to the game time (I'm not the quickest of typists).

Thirdly, the summary shows the community average score for that quest. Again we had a very respectable score and we were only 2.46 points below the average. But I can't see what the best score for that quest is. In any of the player modes - solo, 2, 3 or 4 player. So I have no idea if the average is everyone all being roughly around that score of if the best 2 player score is something like 70 and the worst is something like 200 and everything in between is balancing it out.

So to summarise, I will probably use the quest log again, but without typing a small essay of how we progressed. The term 'quest log' implies it is a documentary of what we did, what we encountered and how we overcame (or failed) that particular quest. I think it is more of a online quest scoring system with a few statistics added in for good measure. I believe a lot more can be done with this which will make this a truely useful and pleasing addition to the game. However in it's current guise I am a disappointed with it, but do believe the scope is there for it to be really good.

Lee

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

#38 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm thinking about attempting a statistic report page much like the one AH has here on the forums. 

https://spreadsheets...EYWXmQQ&hl=en. 

You can see it wil be a lot of work. The varied nature of the quests would probably require a seperate page for each quest. 

Something like- page 1 overall stats- number of "players", heroes used, score, (maybe  expansions used). Then a link to a second page with specifics by quest. you may have to reenter the same information from the 1st page twice, I can't think of an easy way to have it transfer over. I am wiling to do all the "coding", hosting and calculating, but I don't have enough time to play through all the quests to find the highlights that would require logging. 

I don't think a turn by turn log is something a could handle, Ideally I would want a set of check boxes of the exceptional stuff. a way to maybe add a note if something amazing happens and a way to view overall stats for all entries, overall stats for each quest, and personal (local group) stats for both also.

I would be using Numbers and saving as Excel and posting to Google Docs, and hoping the formatting doesn't get goofed by the badness that is Excel. I use both Numers and Excel but am mostly a Mac user so if anyone knows how to deal with the problems that might arise any tips would be much apreciated.

This venture might take some time to get going and I don't want to start a thred on it until it happens so just post any thoughts you have here or PM me.   

What I'm looking for right now is any help anyone might be willing to give and a by quest or by encounter deck symbol list of exceptional happenings.

#39 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Mighty Jim said:

Same Here!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#40 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Anyone knows if the easy and nightmare mode will eventually be supported in the Quest Log, either by making each quest appear multiple times (with the easy / standard / nightmare qualifier as part of the quest name) or by adding a field to indicate the difficulty used (first option is much better, for the sake of comparing scores between people)?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS