Changes to the Quest Log

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 ffgjosh

ffgjosh

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

Greetings, fans of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game!

Some of you may have noticed recent changes to the Quest Log. The Quest Log now defaults to show scores logged after November 1st, 2011, the release of the new scoring system.

This new scoring system lays the foundation for the launch of the game’s organized play program, which is currently being tested by R&D.

None of your old scores have been lost. To view scores entered before November 1st, 2011, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click a link that will change the date range for the scores you wish to view.

Thanks!

#2 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

This seems to make sense - as it removes all the old scores from play that would otherwise skew the averages etc.

My only concern is that there's nothing to stop people entering old format scores after November 1st - would it be possible to include a "number of rounds" box, and instead of filtering before /after November 1st, give players an option of whether they enter their scores in version 1.0 or version 2.0 (or whatever the new one is) - that would make it much more explicit for anyone who hasn't read the update, and just logs in to report quests.

#3 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Mighty Jim said:

would it be possible to include a "number of rounds" box, (...) that would make it much more explicit for anyone who hasn't read the update, and just logs in to report quests.

Great idea !

#4 Lotrken

Lotrken

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hello all.  I'm new to the community having signed up after discovering the nice LOTR Quest Log.

Question though...I play most of my solo games with multiple decks to simulate multiple players.  I don't see any way to record all the info for a game as I can only enter 3 heroes (not the 6,9,12 that I might play).

Am I missing something?  Or, is the log just meant to capture a single deck solo game or a "real" multi-player game where I'm just one of multiple players?

Thanks.

#5 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

For multiplayer games, you enter the results of each "player" individually.

#6 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

Lotrken said:

Hello all.  I'm new to the community having signed up after discovering the nice LOTR Quest Log.

Question though...I play most of my solo games with multiple decks to simulate multiple players.  I don't see any way to record all the info for a game as I can only enter 3 heroes (not the 6,9,12 that I might play).

Am I missing something?  Or, is the log just meant to capture a single deck solo game or a "real" multi-player game where I'm just one of multiple players?

Thanks.

this was one of the major complaints  people had when the quest log first came out. Despite all the stuff we've had in the last week or so about "new quest log" they haven't provided any new features, just a filter to shut out pre-November quest entries.

It's all a bit disappointing really.

#7 Bene Melos

Bene Melos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

I've been playing with a friend 2-player games for a while.  I'm interested in this Quest Log, but it does seem like that it is a real limitation that it cannot properly capture multiplayer (or multi-deck) games.  I would expect this could be implemented so that I could enter a quest result and include my friend's account as one of the players with his own heroes.  These games would then not be used for comparisons.  For a game that has much going for it as a multiplayer game, I think this is an important enhancement the website owners should implement soon!

~Bene

#8 Bene Melos

Bene Melos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

That said... thank you, folks at Fantasy Flight games for developing a useful website and forum for this game!  It's not like I am paying a subscription fee to use it, and I realize the business model will have limitations on what you can support for it.  That said, if a moderate subscription fee of $5-10 yearly would enable significant enhancements to the site, I would support it.  Maybe even monthly, but there are probably many that would not be able to afford this in our current economy.

~Bene

#9 Smoke83

Smoke83

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

I am having trouble viewing quest log entries from the last two days -- is it a problem with the new 2012 dates?  It says I have logged them correctly, but they do not show up in the quest view.

#10 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Smoke83 said:

I am having trouble viewing quest log entries from the last two days -- is it a problem with the new 2012 dates?  It says I have logged them correctly, but they do not show up in the quest view.

I had the same problem yesterday. When I tried to log a quest I completed on January 1, 2012, it happened just as you say. I then tried logging the exact same information but changed the date as if the game was played on December 31, 2011 - it worked like a charm.

Something is currently wrong with the Quest Log and making entries dated 2012.

FFG? It's your move...

#11 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Same here...nothing in 2012 is logging.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#12 Feqz

Feqz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Still unsolved

#13 Prack

Prack

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

I'm new to the quest log so I just wanted to make sure I'm not just entering it wrong but they don't appear to show up when I enter quests. Can anyone confirm this is broken or am I just a total noob?

#14 MADG0BLIN

MADG0BLIN

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

Look in the posts above you. It hasn't been working in the new year.

#15 Prack

Prack

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thanks. I guess I'll just log them in a notebook and enter them later. I hope this gets fixed soon 

#16 odmu

odmu

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Change date to something like 31.12.2012 for example. I think that system works as everything before november goes to the old system jar. But it checks the month before november without counting year. Or the new year is the problem.

#17 jonejona

jonejona

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Still a Problem at time of post.  Just got the game and looking forward to utilizing the log to keep track of successful for me and the wife.  Hope it's up soon.

#18 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Looks to be working now. I'd been logging everything as December 31st, but a few times I'd forgotten, submitted on the real date, and had to redo the record. Those "lost" records showed up in my quest log, and the current date can now be properly submitted.

#19 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hey, 

I try to compare my quest log with the one from a friend. However, I always get a err=no_friend_db message in the address bar and can't see her results.

However, when she compares her quest log to mine, it works. What did I miss? I added the QuestLog to my game resoruces as well. 

Furthermore, I would also love to be able to add all the heroes of multiplayer games instead of just one player's heroes. 

#20 Bonus Card

Bonus Card

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

I have been playing the Nightmare variation with my wife, is there a way to log Nightmare games?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS