43 replies to this topic

#41 Ysalaine

Ysalaine

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Exarkfr said:

Ysalaine said:

I don't really understand what you're asking for about running games...

Il demande si quelqu'un a une partie en cours, pour savoir comment çà tourne (comment motiver les joueurs, créer des rencontres passionantes, et tout et tout..)

Explanation done

Merci ^^ That's what I thought but I didn't really figured out the kind of answers this question needed ^^

#42 nitril

nitril

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:29 AM

I got the game just after Christmas and I am now getting to the end of the book (had to read through Vampire and Dark Heresy first). All in all I am very pleased with the game although an index would have helped especially with regards to character generation. I like that although it has a game world it seems very easy to introduce your own elements.  The Ki Dominion rules and the magic are what I like the best. I have only made a trial character so far ( a 3rd level Technician) and that went relatively smooth. I am a little disappointed with the psionics chapter which I felt was rather bland compared with the magic chapter. The mechanics seems solid enough and I like that I can introduce Anima / Wuxia elements into the game (fancy moves and magic etc) without disturbing the rythm of the game. The tools to design your own critters and abilities are great as I then can build my own world and introduce species from other sources - Anima or not. 

I used to GM Exalted for several years and although I still love that game and setting I feel this game is even better!

I plan to start working on a campaign with elements from Steven Erikson, R Jordan and other authors as well as from some good movies. I have to get the plans down on paper as at the moment they are all spinning in my head. I have to find a group as well... If I can't persuade my wife to join in... Easier said than done

Cheers,

Nitril

#43 Arnora

Arnora

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hello,

I'm new in this forum...

well im mastering this game for some years since it was released in spanin. It's very intimidating at first but at the end is very simple ;)) . I think It resembles a lot to rolemaster ( uhhh so many years.....)and for me was far more simple than D&D 3.5 at the first sessions :)) ( maybe because d&d was in english ...' ^^ uhhh who knows...)

#44 Ariamaki

Ariamaki

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:04 AM

Well, I just purchased the book yesterday, and having read through it,  I will probably be running it on-and-off with my Saturday group, 3-5 players.

The only delay to me starting will be the time it takes me to completely rewrite the physical combat section from the ground up, starting with the damage= loss of turn schema, and finishing up on the percentile-of-base damage tables. Shouldn't take too long, and I will make sure to post the homebrew combat modification in a thread when i finish it.

My first interested player so far has decided that a mute, animalistic Warrior Mentalist with a few Ki abilities would be a good idea, and I like the concept- If anything further takes off, I will post.

-Ariamaki.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS