Who Purchased & Who is Playing?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Lennon

Lennon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:44 AM

They really need to release the GM screen I heard it comes with lots of extra rules.

#22 Knight of Roses

Knight of Roses

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Since I have been waiting for the English edition for yoinks, I picked up a copy soon after it realeased.

Not sure if I have the time to grok the system right now but the ideas and the artwork are quite fantastic.

#23 ArmySyko

ArmySyko

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

Is there anyone who has a party of this forming yet?  The front-end of the Vampire 1st Edition was kinda-sorta the same way.  There was a great ground swell for a new system but i took a little more time to get everyone together.

A shorter Player Guide in an affordable price range might make it germinate a little faster.

A-S

#24 Ysalaine

Ysalaine

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Thinking about a story for your first adventure is very easy, you'll see ! It's not this kind of games which is great when you read it, but you can't figure out how to play it. You will manage to find a good story, whatever is your favorite game style (inquiries, plots, dungeon crawling, exploration, etc.).

#25 ArmySyko

ArmySyko

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

Ysalaine said:

Thinking about a story for your first adventure is very easy, you'll see ! It's not this kind of games which is great when you read it, but you can't figure out how to play it. You will manage to find a good story, whatever is your favorite game style (inquiries, plots, dungeon crawling, exploration, etc.).

My question was more about the gaming groups that are already formed and how big they are?  The European groups have been going for a while and I know we have some members in that community floating about.  How many PC's are in your groups?

#26 Moklo

Moklo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

I don't know if I understood you well... are you talking about how many PCs are lurking in our community websites, or how many real humans are Anima players ?? We probably can ask on the forum for the first, but the second, I think I really didn't understand what you mean...

But if it can help you, I Master 2 regular groups and one from time to time, both the regulars each contain 4 PCs, and the third, 5.

#27 Gypsye

Gypsye

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

I've been waiting for the North American release since I first picked up Shadow of Omega. I am very interested in the background material, especially the several "secret" societies. I have been playing Iron Crown Enterprises Rolemaster for some 25 years and am currently running a rather dark campaign. What I've read in the core book so far fits right in. I've already rewritten my own campaign's creationism story.

I have not yet rolled up an Anima character yet, hopefully I will over this long holiday weekend. So I cannot compare it to Rolemaster. It appears to have similar flexibility.

The Amber Turtle Campaign

• Under the Darkening Moon
  • In the Light of a Pale Sun
  • Filling the Empty Sky

#28 ArmySyko

ArmySyko

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

Moklo said:

But if it can help you, I Master 2 regular groups and one from time to time, both the regulars each contain 4 PCs, and the third, 5.

Yup, that's what I was asking for.   Thanks for the info.

#29 Moklo

Moklo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

I do not understand what could help you in such an info, but... well, you're welcome.

#30 Ysalaine

Ysalaine

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

I have my first "group" with 2 PC and my other game with... 1 PC My players and I don't really have the same schedules, so... and I'm found of playing solo. But you can run a game with a lot of PC, there's no problem about the size of your game tables in Anima. (try to avoid more than 8 PC anyway ^^)

PS : I'm sorry, but I think these understanding problem should happen here. I'm not really used to "american way of speaking" (more to Irish or British ways), so, sometimes I misunderstand... (and my english is not fluent anyway) And maybe I'll have problem to express myself, so, please, if I say something that seems nasty, don't get angry before being sure it was what I meant ^^

#31 ArmySyko

ArmySyko

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

I had to try and convey military orders and etiquette to Swedish, Italian, Belgian and Dutch troops when I was overseas a few years ago.  I can't get upset about a little misunderstanding about my language.  The great thing about a game like this is that we can all come together and talk about it and pass experiences but none of them should be that critical.  It is only a game afterall. 

I ran a Seventh Sea solo adventure for a few months on IRC and it worked out pretty well.  I had a Dice Bot that did all of the rolling for us and was pretty darn efficient.  We'll see what kind  of time I have to try and put something together ... after I get the book.  I can't imagine trying to get a sit-down party put together because I couldn't commit to the time.  I have two other games (Rolemaster and Seventh Sea) that I can barely participate in right now.  Online might have to be the way to go if I want to give it a run.

A-S

#32 Sgt_Pedro

Sgt_Pedro

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

ArmySyko said:

My question was more about the gaming groups that are already formed and how big they are?  The European groups have been going for a while and I know we have some members in that community floating about.  How many PC's are in your groups?

I recently introduced a few of my friends to the RPG and the card game. We've run a single session with myself GM'ing and 2 players. I've bought the book for my brother's birthday, hoping to get him and some of his friends into it as well. We'll see how that goes.

#33 harleysa

harleysa

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:53 AM

I picked it upwhen it first came out and have played a couple sessions with three other players and so far we have been having a pretty good time with it. The most difficult part came in our first attempts to build characters, which was pretty complicated given that we where also still learning the rules at that point. However since then its gone fairly well, as a GM im particularly happy with the build your own creature rules in the back (which I have been using extensively)

#34 Moklo

Moklo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Please contribute to the community by posting your creatures here ^^ Pictures and good background are welcome ! Thaaaaanks !

#35 ArmySyko

ArmySyko

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

Hey Everyone,

I bought my copy yesterday and poured through it for about three or four hours last night.  I have some homework and a paper to write but after that, I'll be working on a PC.  Seems pretty straight forward so we'll have some fun with it and see what I can make.  I'm thinking a freelancer with a throwing chakram at his side.  I've got some time to mull it over while I write.

Can't wait to be a greater part of the discussions since I have a book in front of me. Yippee! 

#36 HexPhile

HexPhile

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

I bought the book at Gen-Con and was deeply impressed with the style and the scope of it all. I'm not sure if I can get anyone in my gaming group to play it though becuase of the depth of character creation. Does anyone actually have a game currently running because I really do want to know the logistics of getting the characters working and creating challenging NPC's.

#37 Ysalaine

Ysalaine

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

I don't really understand what you're asking for about running games...

But chargen is not so hard, try it a few times and you'll see it's very easy. Your players will need explanations the first time to understand what are the different things, but after, they just need to spend points.

#38 Holt

Holt

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:33 AM

I just got it from Santiago, and its somewhat intimidating to be honost.

But I have only just started reading through it myself. But what I love so far is the GM chapter, really gives you the feel of the setting and the overall feel. Loving it so far.

#39 Exarkfr

Exarkfr

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:51 AM

Ysalaine said:

I don't really understand what you're asking for about running games...

Il demande si quelqu'un a une partie en cours, pour savoir comment çà tourne (comment motiver les joueurs, créer des rencontres passionantes, et tout et tout..)

Explanation done

#40 ryuuchiba

ryuuchiba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

I've purchased Anima, although since I've had the book for less than 24hrs I have yet to attemp playing it though I'm trying to read it all as soon as I can

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS