Photo

New Character sheet (yes, another one :p )

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Well, as promised in Emirikol's thread about the skills, I finished the character sheet today. (or rather, I managed to reskin it).

This sheet will be used at my table next sessions, with 3 goals in mind:

- provide an easy way of keeping track of fatigue/stress/corruption/wounds between sessions without writing it down.
- put everything together in a logical order on the sheet for use (anything related to receiving damage goes together for example)
- reduce the space needed at the table per player, since currently the party literally takes up the entire table if I let them (and I'd like to sit there too!)

The following 4 images are meant to be printed doublesided. So 1&2 go together, and 3&4 as well. Regular use at the table is: Image1 and Image3 face-up.

First sheet: (image 1 & 2)

The numerical fields on the first sheet all have the shape of the die that they represent, for easy reference.
The counters around the edges can be colored in, leaving only values that are valid for your character. Keeping track can be done with a paperclip or something similar. (and will stay the same in a sleeve between sessions.

There is no mention of the armour on the front of the page, since all you use of that, is defense & soak rating. (which are mentioned)

Skills are grouped by their parent-characteristic.

This sheet is for inventory keeping, both in-game and out. (read: only inventory, it currently is not suited to actually write down what the cards do)
It's on the back, because you rarely need to use this and keep track of your stats at the same time.

Second sheet: (image 3 & 4)

Ripped off from Gitzman :) , 1 sheet that combines the slots of the career, and the basic actions. Grouped by type of action to visualise the type of basic action they have more easily.  Will make a similar sheet for basic arcane & divine magic users. By reducing the number of action cards on the table, they are less likely to doubt what to do next.

Back of second sheet: Simple bookkeeping, with a sidebar for the rest of the careersheet information for the current career. (# of actions, talents, etc.)
On the back again, because usually you only write/check this at the end of a session (well, if your GM hands out xp at the end of the session).

Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is good feedback :)

#2 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

And since 800px is too big for the forum, here's a link to the files themselves

javascript:void(0);/*1318949578747*/

#3 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

Ooo! Shiny! Looking really good now. Almost demand a high quality print, laminating and using of markers.

A couple of things I'd change:

• On the first page lose the lines after Race, Rank etc. as you did on the inventory page.
  • I'd add a white layer (transparency about 20%-30%) under the lines where people are going to write.

Other than that: Great work!

No seizures this time... ;)

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#4 New Zombie

New Zombie

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

regardless of the content. the colour choices would make printing too expensive for me. appreciate the work though.

#5 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

New zombie:
What exactly do you mean with the choice of colours?

I've put a clear white background in the master file, to test. Since I use a lot of overlay of layers, the end-result was almost pure black&white, so would likely be directly useable. I can put it up if you like. But it does look sort of bleak :)

Doc:
Sure, I'm trying to figure out how to print this thing in PDF form at the moment, as soon as I get that down, I'll likely make the areas for inventory a little more white for easy writing.

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

I like it.  I may have some specific updates if the players get to using it.

For a quick conversion to PDF, you can just use the freeware program, CutePDFwriter.  It's what I use at work for converting my files (office 2010 has it built-in).

Once it's installed, you "print as" pdf.

jh

#7 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Oh fancy!  Going to spend some more time enjoying it in a minute, but wanted to say really nice work.

Gitzman

#8 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Damn it.  You folks keep coming up with all these cool character sheets.  Instead of having to find a good sheet, I have to figure out which one I'll be using each week.  Keep up the good work.

Any chance for a form fillable version?

#9 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'm going to try and figure out how to work Acrobat for a form-fillable version :)

If anybody knows of an easier tool, feel free to chirp in :)

#10 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Acrobat is what I use.  You just click on Forms > add or edit fields.  It should "auto find" fields for you at first. 

Use COMBO BOXES for all text entries and remember to leave one of the entries a blank space bar so people can enter stuff.

Font size should be AUTO for all so you can fit the info you need in there.

Don't use "allow rich text formatting" or it will prevent you from doing much of the things you want to do.

jh

#11 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Nisses, would you be willing to put a link to your character sheets with a white/black background? I have the same problem as one of the previous message, I love your character sheets, but all the colors are a draw on my printer cartridges.

Thanks!

#12 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Excellent documents !!!

#13 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

Unfortunately, my computer that has photoshop is currently very much broken :)

I'll try to get everything up and running next week. Stripping off colour shouldn't be that much work I think.

#14 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

Finally, a working PC, an installed Photoshop, no more finals, no more work, everything LF-related proofread and no upcoming Roleplay session.

With utmost apologies for promising this a while back already, (And just realising in another thread that I was behind on my promise) I finally give you:
Black&White version of the character-sheets. (OK, OK, they're grey, sue me :P )

I'll be transcribing my own char sheets most likely onto these things as well, because it is a royal pain to write in pencil or ballpoint pen on a laserprinted copy of the image. Too glossy for any normal human being it seems.

Oh well, you live, you learn.

If you want to see them completely: http://users.telenet.be/Nisses/  (no, I don't have a website up, it's just some links to images).

I plan to go through the whole "shame" mechanic tonight, and will try to also do a version of the divine/arcane basic actions this week. (My current ones are crappy mockups that I simply typed up in Word, so no point in posting that anywhere).

I hope you guys find a use for these. Any comments are welcome of course.
Also, just in case you're wondering, Image 1 & 2 are front/back of 1 sheet, and 3&4 the same.

#15 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

Looks great .... unfortunately I must admit that I REALLY prefer sheets where its possible to insert a character portrait or two ... so often end up making up my own sheets

Work in progress

Johan Bödtker

Johan with his trademark 'Winning Smile'

#16 Nisses

Nisses

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Figured I would finish these in BW as well then.

These cards are simply printed, and then folded in half. The captrips/short prayers are put on the back of the Channeling/Curry Favour card.
Simply turn it upside down if you want to use the Reckless/Conservative version.

#17 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Nice - should help reduce the clutter of basic cards on the table

#18 9littlebees

9littlebees

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Links are down - any chance you can upload them again, please?

EOTE Unofficial Bestiary Thread (link) & Spreadsheet (link) | My EOTE NPC Cards (A4 / Letter)

#19 Kogan Style

Kogan Style

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

As above, links are down. I'm interested in seeing these!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS