• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#241 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Nice to see you again Xamusel!

Not that much of a problem...I'd probably couple the ki techniques with the Mars Impossible Weapon (which is based on use of heavy combat gauntlets) from the Planetary Impossible Weapons. The first technique will necessarily generate 2 Mars +10 Weapons. The following techniques depend on whatever you tell me in detail the guy should do. Also fitting name for the techniques should be required.

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone, 09 March 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#242 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yeah... also, I'm hoping to speak with you on Skype soon, since I'm wishing to get some advice from you soon. I tried to get in touch with you since last night (my time)... you didn't return my request for contact details on Skype.

Anyway, thanks. I appreciate the effort you'll put into this, like you already do with other Ki techniques. I'll get back to you on what the techniques in question should be.

#243 BAoT

BAoT

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hello again everyone! I've made the appropriate changes to the tree (it now ramps up the predetermined attack and has a defensive lvl2 technique) as well as added some to it. The costs for both Ki as well as MK are quite high, but as previously stated a technician using this will not spend DP on attack/defense.

SPIRIT BLADE

This is a tree invented by ancient Shivatese monks which considered the body weak and sought a superior way to fight. Coming from a long tradition of perfecting the connection between ones body and soul they came to the conclusion that ones body was only a poor vessel for ones soul, and by giving this soul a shape with your ki you could achieve incredible results.

Techniques: 8 (so far), Total MK: 570 (so far)

SOUL STRIKE //This one remained the same, in fact all the lvl1 were left unchanged

The "common" offensive technique of the school. An opaque image of the users own soul emerges from within him to leap forward and attack his enemies.

Level 1:

Effects: Predetermined attack (240), Long-distance attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Capable of damaging energy

DEX 7 / POW 7 / WP: 7

MK: 25

HEART SHIELD // Same

By imbuing his immediate surrounding with his ki the user creates a vibrating field around himself where bits and pieces of see-through humans seem to appear and dissapear almost randomly. This is in fact a way of defence where the users own spirit takes command over this energy-shield.

Level 1

Effects: Predetermined defence (240), Energy shield (300 LP, regenerates 100 LP per turn)

Advantages: Decreased ki cost (1), Maintainable

DEX 10 (3 maint.) / POW 9 (3 maint.) / WP 9 (3 maint)

MK: 50

SHUNPO // Same

Lightning step, the art of running away. Feeling threatened a user of Spirit Blade can temporarily displace his own body to become untouchable like that of a free spirit. Entering this form a simple energy-burst quickly transports the user out of harms way.

Level 1

Effects: Automatic transportation (150ft), Intanglible

DEX 4 / POW 4 / WP 4

MK: 20

REIATSU PRESSURE // This one got an increase in attack

Inhaling, concentrating and gathering his strength the user stands motionless with his eyes closed. Multiple images of himself akin to those created by Soul Strike one after another appear around the user, standing in a protective circle. With one sudden motion all the spirit-images shoots outwards, striking into any and all victims chosen by the user, and shattering with tremendous force which sends their targets flying.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack (280), Area attack (80ft, target choice), Impact 14

DEX 12 / POW 13 / WP 12

MK: 80

TAMASHÍ CONTROL // As did this, the increase here is slightli higher considering you DO NOT want to miss with it

Guided by his inner focus the user lunges forward in an unarmed attack, not using the conventional Soul Strike. At the slightest hint of physical contact an image of the users spirit transfers from himself into his target, suppressing his own soul and assuming control over the poor victim.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack (320), Control (PhR 140, Touch)

Disadvantages: No damage

AGI 10 / DEX 16 / POW 16 / WP 16

MK: 70

VITAE SHIELD // This is a lvl2-version of Heart Shield for a better high-leveldefense as suggested by Elric

Essentially a more powerful version of the Heart Shield the Vitae Shield produces a practically impregneble defense. The air around the user seems like a vibrating mass of instantly appearing and disappearing opaque limbs, only the most formidable of opponents can even get close to a user with an active Vitae Shield.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined defence (320), Energy shield (500 LP, regenerates 250 LP per turn)

AGI 8 (maint 1) / DEX 15 (maint 5) / POW 15 (maint 5) / WP 15 (maint 5)

MK: 85

SPIRIT BOMB //This one became ridiculously exspensive and powerful, I'm thinking that maybe Camoflagued attack and predetermined attack(440) is a bit of an overkill when combined but at least the technique is really ultimate

This technique is the greatest offensive one of the whole school of the Spirit Blade, however, it is also their greatest secret. At the moment of execution an opaque soul-copy of the user attacks his foe, just like with Soul Strike. But, just as the unsuspecting adversary is about to defend himself, the copy bursts into a flowing mist of energy which seeps into the essence of the victim. Light cracks and scorch-marks begin to appear on his skin as the immense pressure destroys him from the inside and everything culminates into a bright pillar of soul-crushing light.

Level 3

Effects: Camoflagued attack (320), Predetermined attack (440), Long distande attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Damage multiplier (×4), Capable of harming Energy

Disadvantages: Exhaustion (-6 fatigue)

DEX 18 / STR 12 / POW 18 / WP 18

MK: 140

DO UNTO OTHERS //Another new addition, speaking of high-level-defences. I'm having problems coming up with a good name for it so any input is appreciated

The ultimate defence. Created in a vane attempt to quell the powers of the Aeons, which in the right hands it probably could. During its excecution the user slowly steps up towards his adversary, closing his eyes and striking out with his hands to his sides as if to embrace his impending death. A multitude of spectre-like copies of the user seem to desperatly escape from his body but are all snapped back in. Then as the user is struck the specters, together with the attack, dissapears. Where it a fireball it would be as though it never existed, where it a blade his foe would find it gone. Silence befalls the battlefield. And a second later thousand of these spectral images pour out of the users body and together form their own sinister version of what was thrown the users way. The ultimate counter-attack.

Level 3

Effects: Predetermined defence (440), Area block (300ft), Attack mirroring (with all the esoteric effects)

AGI 10 / DEX 15 / POW 15 / WP 14

MK: 100

At first I thought of having the last one be maintained but the costs were ASTRONOMICAL.

#244 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Here's the review about Soul Blade:

Soul Strike: My Ki count is 6/7/6. Why not spending 35MK for a more "balanced" 6/6/6?

Heart Shield: This time my Ki count (without -1Ki) is 10/10/10...which is fine, so I'd leave it as 10/10/10 for a 40MK cost.

Shunpo: My Ki count is 5/5/5.

Reiatsu Pressure: Damage based on Presence, right? Anyway, my MK count is 75...I'd go for 85MK and balanced cost of 12/12/12.

Tamashi Control: I don't reccomend splitting cost over Agility too. My MK count is 75 for a Ki cost of 17/16/16. Again I'd rather go for a 85MK cost for a nice balanced 16/16/16 ki cost. Note that since the character is investing all his CPs and DPs on MK, Ki and Accumulation related stuff, you shouldn't worry too much about levitating MK and/or Ki Costs. That's just the way of predetermined technqiues and predetermined technicians.

Vitae Shield: Again, I'd not split points too much, so I'd rather reduce the regeneration to 100/turn for a total MK cost of 90 and a total Ki cost of 16(5)/16(5)/16(5), including a -1Ki Reduction.

Spirit Bomb: With -1Ki Reduction and 150MK cost you have 23/23/23 Ki Cost which is acceptable for a Level3 Predetermined Technique.

Do Onto Others: On my opinion there are only 2 kind of good defensive techniques: maintained ones and those with a sufficiently low ki cost to use them each turn without consuming all ki accumulation. This technique is neither of the two. My suggestion? Add to the mix a +6Additional Defenses (after all your character might need to defend against more than one attack in a single turn and his predetermined roll is his ONLY DEFENSE) and Maintained. Yes the Ki cost is sufficiently high...like...33(11)/33(11)/33(11) and a HUGE 170MK. With a few disadvantage you can get the MK or the Ki Cost a bit lower. Lets say we aim to 32/32/32 (which is double of 16/16/16 which is the cost of a couple Level2 techniques). We have MK200. Let's add Predetermined. After all, this technique already requires more than one turn to pull out, hence the Predetermined disadvantage isn't that much of a problem. Also -75 Life Points should be a fine sacrifice in order to have such a powerful defense, going down to 165MK (as an alternative, you might use Limit Circumstance 1/4Life Points).

The final MK cost of the entire tree like this is 650 which is a mighty fine cost for a predetermined set of technqiues. As a side note, when building a predetermined st of techniques you have an alternative to using Predetermined Defense in combination with Additional Defenses or Suernatural Shield, which is using Damage Accumulation. Oh...and of course you can use Damage Accumulation WITH Supernatural Shield WITH Predetermined Defense! Just remember it!

That's all. Hope this all helps.

#245 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

...NOOOOOOOOOO!! I missed Elric!

Er, anyway, I'll be sure to get more done for the Ki techniques ASAP.

#246 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

Just to let you know Xamusel, I tend not to use Skype, but I wrote you an e-mail, so contact me by e-mail for any help you need. As for the techniques "requirements" just post them here, and I'll have them done as soon as I have time.

#247 BAoT

BAoT

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thanks a lot for the help Elric! I managed to sneak quite the number of calculation errors into that tree... After looking over the whole thing once more I do realize that focusing it to the three basic stats probably is a good idea. The total costs hardly changes at all and building a character that uses the tree will be a lot more fun.

As you said the last technique is very situational... I built it because it would be really cool but thinking about it the only time it would serve a purpose would be when facing something with a one-shot death-laser (like Rudraskha) and those usually have a larger radius as well.

On another note that idea about damage resistance sounds amazing! I think I will substitute 'Do unto others' with some kind of ultimate invulnerability technique using energyshield, predetermined defence and damage resistance all together.

On that topic; damage-resistant creatures get a -40 on using supernatural shields. With predetermined defence does that penalty lower the predetermined value or is it simply unchanged?

#248 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I know I'm biased in saying so, but my version of Do Onto Others should be a REALLY powerful defensive technique with enormous versatility, since it defends both you and your party from up to 7 attacks per turn with a very nice 440 predetermined roll AND reflects stuff back at offenders on top of that! I wouldn't change it, if I were you (which is probably because I designed it, so it would be quite absurd if I'd change it, wouldn't it?!).

Anyway, if you want to look at the ABSOLUTE Defensive technique, just scroll back this thread to the last technique of the Predetermined School called: "Microbes World". The Technique is called "The Spore". That's the most powerful self-defensive Predetermined technique that can actually be devised I believe.

#249 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Okay, sorry about the whole thing about sending you a Skype invite, wasn't aware that you didn't use it much.

Also, as I haven't used my MSN account all that much for a really long time, I'm looking through all my past emails now... to make sure I know what I missed.

#250 Rudeboygraves

Rudeboygraves

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Has anyone tried making any Naruto Jutsu?

#251 BAoT

BAoT

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Holy Zhorne riding Rudraskha fighting Omega whilst conversing with Millenium! That last technique in the Microbes world tree is truly the ultimate defence!

As you say Do unto others as you suggest it would be really great (if I play the tree I'll probably use that one), despite of its high cost. In fact looking over some of the other trees in this thread 32/32/32 isn't so bad for a great defensive technique.

This whole thing got me thinking about that question though; Would a Predetermined shield get the -40 penalty for defending you while you are damage resistant ?(or had damage accumulation as some might call it) I understand that you get a penalty to your roll while defending yourself with an energy-shield while damage-resistant but if there is no roll do you still get the penalty? Or is it simply a matter of GM interpretation?

To Rudeboygraves: I think it would be fairly easy to do most of the Naruto ninjutsu with pretty basic stuff and some ki abilities. (multiplication of bodies + physical change = harem no jutsu HueHueHue)

Edited by BAoT, 13 March 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#252 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Sorry BAoT, you had already asked about the Predetermined Shield on a Damage Accumulation (more correct traduction from the original Spanish...I'm just TOO used to call it this way, forgive me), and I simply FORGOT IT! As I rule Predetermined Rolls, I don't apply any bonus-penalty to them (except for very specific ones granted by Magnus I made or Artifacts designed specifically to boost Predetermined Rolls), so my answer is no...440 is 440, no more, no less. Which is pretty nice roll when the damage that passes by thanks to a HUGE roll (probably boosted through techniques/magnus) has to deal with a sky-high AT and can be absorbed by an enormous amount of regenerating HPs...

I don't know anything about Naruto (just ignored it...I'm already sick with Bleach...no offense BAoT, I liked it in the beginning and now I only read it to see how it ends...mostly to see it end...so I'm avoiding other everlasting shonen mangas), so I cannot help with Rudeboygraves' question, sorry.

#253 BAoT

BAoT

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Aa, I see, Predetermined defence in combination with Damage resistance is truly a force to be reckoned with! Gives me some nice ideas.

I have read some Naruto but I stopped some way into shippuden so I might be able to help Rudeboygraves with some of the characters techniques and abilities as they appear before shippuden. I don't have that much spare time though so it might take some time...

Which characters are you interested in?

Edited by BAoT, 14 March 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#254 Rudeboygraves

Rudeboygraves

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm currently trying to put together every technique in the show, but I would like to see how others would do it.

#255 HeiMao

HeiMao

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to Anima and I'm enjoying it a lot. I was wondering if I understood how to make Ki Techniques since I'm pretty much the only person in the group delving into Ki a lot. Here is a sample technique I made

Paper Bomb

Creates an Energy Kunai using ki. Attached is a talisman that will explode on contact dealing Elemental Damage equal to twice the character's Base Presence plus his Power Bonus.

Required MK: 20     Level: 1

POW 3 DEX 3 WP 2 STR 2

Effects: Energy, Elemental, Area Attack (Single) 3 feet

I'd like to know if you are required to specify the element or if it can be chosen at the time the Paper Bomb is made. I also really don't know if I'm doing the Ki cost correctly. I appreciate the help!

#256 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

Welcome!

You should choose the Element when you create the technique. Also I can't see how the technique has that cost. I suggest you to spread its cost amongst 3 stats. It could be something like Dex4/Pow5/Wil5.

#257 HeiMao

HeiMao

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Oh, I forgot to include Physical Ki Weapons being the primary ability. Also fixed the ki distribution... I think.

Paper Bomb

Creates an Energy Kunai using ki. Attached is a talisman that will explode on contact dealing Fire Damage equal to twice the character's Base Presence plus his Power Bonus.
Required MK: 20     Level: 1
POW 4 DEX 3 WP 4 CON 3
Effects: Physical Ki Weapon, Energy Damaging Attack, Elemental Attack (Fire), Area Attack (Single) 3 feet

Also as an alternative, would dropping Energy Damaging Attack to lower Ki cost be better overall?

Edited by HeiMao, 19 May 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#258 EvilChildren

EvilChildren

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Do you have Aura Extension?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS