Rune Age: FAQ Questions

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Summon Lightning: do you have to do all of the text for the card to work in full, or do you play it and perform the most of the text possible?

Marauders: It says if there is a tie, tied players choose in counter-clockwise order. So if this were a 4 player game of "The Quest for Power", would the 1st player still go if he were tied, and then it would go 4th, 3rd, 2nd? Or would it start with the 4th player in a tie, then 3rd, 2nd, and last 1st?

Guardian (Dwarf unit): "If an unwounded friendly unit would be destroyed in this combat, you may wound it instead." How many times can this unit's ability be used during a combat? Once, or may be used for as many friendly units would be destroyed during the combat? Does that ability count for the Guardian itself?

Warlock Chieftan (Uthuk unit): "End of Combat: Place 1 friendly unit, including this card, on top of your deck (instead of discarding or destroying it)."
Question 1: Is this card placing two units on top of the owner's deck: a friendly unit and the Warlock Chieftain itself, or is the Warlock Chieftain's text simply stating he can target himself?
Question 2: The Warlock Chieftain's ability only triggers at end of combat. Can I rewind and place a unit that was destroyed earlier during the combat on top of my deck?

#22 Zerosaber321

Zerosaber321

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

I've also wondered about that. The rule book says when it's destroyed it is instead discarded so we've been playing it as such but what was the moderator responce

#23 Zerosaber321

Zerosaber321

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Tromdial said:

To clarify, are mythic units whenever they would be destroyed, are discarded instead; or is that only when the unit is in play? For example, Dragonlord Baraxis allows players to destroy cards from hand to lessen the damage from his attack. If one of those were a mythic unit, would it instead be discarded?

I was wondering the same thing care to share the answer you recieved?

#24 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

The only answer I'd receive is either in this forum or an official faq when released. I have not pushed FFG for any kind of answer and am just being patient about it.

#25 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

However, my personal assumption to mythics is that they cannot be destroyed from a deck, whether they may be in deck, hand, discard, play, etc. as per the wording in the expansion rules itself. That's how we play it and that's how I recommend others play as well til an official answer develops.

#26 Freeman

Freeman

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

About Oath and Anvil:

What happens if during a siege I play the mercenary card "Rune of Stasis", and then my opponent plays a Forest Guardian?

Is the Forest Guardian destroyed or does its ability trumps over the Rune? If the Guardian is not destroyed, is the next unit my opponent plays destroyed, or is its effect cancelled?

#27 Freeman

Freeman

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

About Oath and Anvil:

What happens if during a siege I play the mercenary card "Rune of Stasis", and then my opponent plays a Forest Guardian?

Is the Forest Guardian destroyed or does its ability trumps over the Rune? If the Guardian is not destroyed, is the next unit my opponent plays destroyed, or is its effect cancelled?

#28 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

In Oath and Anvil's Overlord Scenario, the second tier event Oracle card triggers at end of event phase, but so does refilling player hands.

So what triggers first: Overlord chooses a player and that player shows his hand, then all players refill hands; or all players refill hands, then Overlord chooses a player and that player shows his hand?

#29 Boromir

Boromir

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

The FAQ is online

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3893

#30 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I want to say THANK YOU to ffg for making this faq. This is a great game and having the faq has made it even better. Thanks for the support.

#31 RiffRaff14

RiffRaff14

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Question about "Natural Disaster" card in "The Cataclysm" scenario:  Are wounded units considered to be 'destroyed in combat' for the purposes of dealing damage?

Just wondering if the Uthuk will suffer quite a bit due to this card or if the damage is only taken if the unit is destroyed outright.

#32 simpatikool

simpatikool

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Mine is an easy question.

When an event deck generates and Enemy card. When in combat with the Enemy card, is it a Unit? Lots of things target "Units", have to assume an enemy is not the same as a unit. Would love some clarity on this.

#33 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

simpatikool said:

Mine is an easy question.

When an event deck generates and Enemy card. When in combat with the Enemy card, is it a Unit? Lots of things target "Units", have to assume an enemy is not the same as a unit. Would love some clarity on this.

The FAQ Address this question:

"Q: If an effect targets opposing units, can an Enemy 
card be chosen as the target?
A:  No."

For what it's worth, I think the ruling isn't just for "opposing units" but for all effects that target "units." I hope that helps.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS