Sniper Servo Skulls.......
Use a dozen servo-skulls with modified autoguns and some heretek wetware.
In the Dark Heresy Supplement Inquisitor's Handbook you can get the following setup right off the paper:
- 35WS 35BS 10S 20T 40AG 15INT 35PER 20WP --FEL
- Skills: Awareness Per +20, Concealment Ag +10, Dodge Ag +10, Silent Move Ag +20
- Talents: Fearless, Weapon Training per its own Weapon
- Traits: Dark Sight, Flier 6, Machine (3, that is 3 armor), programmed Instinct, Size (Puny, -20 to hit by larger creatures, +20 concealment)
- Weapons: Unarmed 1d10-3 I Primitive OR Installed Weapon; Ranged Weapons come with a Red Dot Sight (+10)
A note about weapons: It can have a single ranged weapon, like an autocarbine or lascarbine, though any Pistol or compact BASIC weapon can be fitted.
A few Possible Weapon Load Outs:
- LongLas (BASIC 75m (range halved for Compact), single shot, 1d10+3 E, Pen 1, Clip 40 (20, halved for Compact), Accurate, Reliable, Compact)
- Stormbolter (BASIC 45m (range halved for Compact), S/2/4, 1d10+5 X, Pen 4, Clip 60 (30, halved for Compact), Storm , Tearing, Compact)
- Ceres Pattern Bolt Pistol (Pistol, 30m range, S/2/-, 1d10+5 Pen 4, Clip 8x3 (Fire Selector, 3 8 round clips), Tearing, Fire Selector)
Use terrain to your advantage. have them spread out to prevent close combat monsters from using all their attacks against different opponents.
Use smaller servitor-lites to keep track fo the players:
Vox-Bug (Scarce) Coin Sized DH:RH p158
A tiny servitor with a roach brain which will broadcast on pre-set Vox Channel what is said or done around it. Range 1 km, Ag 40 Concealment Skill. Can scuttle to its target and conceal itself among their clothing and/or possessions. May NOT have any upgrades.
Pict-Fly (Rare) DH:RH p157
As the Vox-Bug the Pict-Fly transmits pictures and sounds (poor quality, -20 on Hearing based Tests). Ag 50 Concealment Skill. limited intelligence to follow basic commands.
.....So you can have the skulls attack at the right moment.
So, not only do you have a well armed force, they are mobile (flight), heavily armed and hard to hit. Attack in packs with a few sniper skulls supporting a few storm and Ceres bolt skulls on the close attack spread out to lessen the advantage of area effect weapons on the part of the players. And they're fearless.
If you want better than 35BS +10 red dot sight and whatever firing mode bonus use twin linked bolt pistols or compact las rifles to get the +20%. Give them Targeters for the +10 on semi and auto fire if you want.
Of course each skull could have a pair of grenades strappe dto it so if its captured it goes up or it can drop them behind to discourage pursuit or drop them on characters from above.